Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayne

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    What do you guys think about Brennan not having spoken to Hayne?
    Just like to know your thoughts
    I think he should talk to Hayne or his management before Nov 30 to try and get an answer before his first pay of the new Nrl year. I think it is best to wait until Hayne is finished with his Fiji commitments as anything before could be considered bad form.
    Psmitty

What do you guys think about Brennan not having spoken to Hayne?
    Just like to know your thoughts
    It would be crap. And comments like he'll worry about it when and if it happens is just BS, hopefully trotted out for the media's sake. Any leader is all over what is happening and has plan B all ready to go if needed. This story has had legs for weeks and I would hope Brennan and co are actively working on a quality replacement with the money that will be freed up. I'm sure they are, although it's not helped with the NRL still paying the bills.

If Hayne does go who is our best option for fullback?
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    It would be crap. And comments like he'll worry about it when and if it happens is just BS, hopefully trotted out for the media's sake. Any leader is all over what is happening and has plan B all ready to go if needed. This story has had legs for weeks and I would hope Brennan and co are actively working on a quality replacement with the money that will be freed up. I'm sure they are, although it's not helped with the NRL still paying the bills.
    I do feel he will just be trying give the impression that it’s not the tail wagging the dog. He has to be seen to be in control even though when dealing with JH how can you be? The dartboard is moving all the time.

I originally thought Hayne tweet about not instructing his manager to SPEAK with any other club’was suss. Speak being in capitals .

Emailing or texting isn’t speaking ....

Even though it’s becoming more difficult to believe as days pass, I’m still waiting for concrete word from the Club or Hayne as to whatever is happening .

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    If Hayne does go who is our best option for fullback?
    Good question and I don't think the answer lies with what we've got. I know some were against it but I've thought for a while to get Michael Gordon here for a year or two max. Wouldn't cost a heap, he is coming home, good bloke, and he's a better kicker than what we have. The Roosters probably don't have cap pressure now, although they never have for some reason, so they don't need to cut anyone.
    I hope they are out there looking.

Can we please just get rid of Hayne. Should never of been signed in the first place. He never wanted to be there , has been disruptive since day 1. And certainly not worth the money he is / was being paid. Would really like a off season , with out so much disruption. As i said before “ NEVER A DULL MOMENT FOR US TITANS SUPPORTERS “

Quote Originally Posted by Titan68 View Post
    Can we please just get rid of Hayne. Should never of been signed in the first place. He never wanted to be there , has been disruptive since day 1. And certainly not worth the money he is / was being paid. Would really like a off season , with out so much disruption. As i said before “ NEVER A DULL MOMENT FOR US TITANS SUPPORTERS “
    Awe come on mate it wouldn't be a titan preseason without drama haha they've nearly killed us off a few times this one won't effect us as much hopefully , actually not sure he's too popular with the eels fans either so all the best Jared don't slam the door on the way out!

Inactive User

^^^ the thing is he’s going to slam the door on the way out with $180k of our money. NO to that. We need to screw him over.

[QUOTE=Mr Bods;376362]^^^ the thing is he’s going to slam the door on the way out with $180k of our money. NO to that. We need to screw him over.[/QUOTEI I think we just have to bite the bullet with this one , he can live his dream again, I'm ok with paying to get rid of him 180 grand I'm settled now just **** him off so our team can play footy

[QUOTE=gothabull;376363]
    ^^^ the thing is he’s going to slam the door on the way out with $180k of our money. NO to that. We need to screw him over.[/QUOTEI I think we just have to bite the bullet with this one , he can live his dream again, I'm ok with paying to get rid of him 180 grand I'm settled now just **** him off so our team can play footy
    the biggest winners here will be Wayne bevis and Sam ayoub who will pocket a most of it anyway ,karma for Hayne , they probably sold the story too the telegraph

Brennan may not have SPOKEN to him but recently he was quoted as having swapped messages with him. To be honest, the whole saga is just rubbish. Plus is Hayne really the star of the Fijian team? Not from what I can see. He seems to be the lazy "b" hanging around the edges. I really like Michael Gordon but that's a big stretch. Who is waiting in the wings elsewhere?

I can't see TRD as an NRL player in any position and not Elliot at FB. Maybe Sarginson.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

As an employer why would I want to be paying for an employee whilst he is going to offer nothing in return? I'd be straight on the phone. Tell him either he gives notice now with zero pay from the Titans or anything he earns will need to be paid back as a transfer fee or he won't be released.

Then as a coach, drop him to reserve grade for the year and don't let him near the training paddock. Either he'll "retire" or find some other sport to play before his "brand" evaporates into nothing.

We all saw what he did with the last contract extension so he will try and play this out to the last minute to get all the exposure he can. Get on the front foot as a club and appear strong and make the decision for him one way or another.

Id have Mead, Bev French or gutho in a heartbeat,

but form within i think Brimmo could get it done. Physical and good strength for his age.

can run, step, and has ball playing ability.

I'm certain he would do a better job than Hayne right now actually, but would also have no problem if we used to million spare to chase a top line player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Then as a coach, drop him to reserve grade for the year and don't let him near the training paddock.
    If he's hanging around this year, this must take precedence over all else. Especially the part about the squad (training paddock).

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I can't see TRD as an NRL player in any position and not Elliot at FB. Maybe Sarginson.
    He's of similar calibre as the horse whisperer. Zillman probably made a slightly better impact during the season than Sargison as well.

That said, I don't rate either of them as a option at FB in 2018 for us. Gotta be some better option/s.

Who is that young Polynesian(?) bloke that played a couple of games on left edge this year? Not saying he's much of a option for next year. But develop him for 2019 on wards maybe. He has explosive speed, and a pretty good step on him..