Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Hayne

Rugby-player-turned-49er accused of rape in civil suit

Jarryd Hayne, an aspiring kicker returner/running back is accused of raping a Santa Clara woman in 2015

Jarryd Hayne, the Australian rugby-league player who spent 2015 on the 49ers, has been accused of rape in a civil suit filed in Santa Clara County on Tuesday.

According to attorney John Clune, the suit contends that Hayne engaged in nonconsensual sexual intercourse with a “Ms. V” in December 2015.

The District Attorney’s Office reviewed the case and rejected it Oct. 25, 2016 for insufficient evidence.

Typically, sexual assaults that are reported weeks or months after they allegedly occurred can be difficult to prosecute. Any physical evidence, for instance, is usually limited or non-existent by the time the investigation begins.

The suit claims the victim was a virgin at the time and was afraid to come forward for several months, and eventually sought medical treatment for continued vaginal pain. According to the suit, the victim reported the rape to the police in May of 2016.

Prosecutors, according to the lawsuit, concluded there was not enough evidence to prove the crime of rape beyond a reasonable doubt. The lawsuit includes claims of sexual battery, gender violence, infliction of emotional distress and negligence.

Hayne left a high-profile career in Australia to play football for the first time with the 49ers, and he became a summer sensation in making their 2015 roster as a punt returner and running back. He appeared in their first six games, got released on Halloween, returned for their final two games and ultimately announced his retirement from the NFL on May 15, 2016.

Hayne then tried out with the Fiji Rugby Sevens team in hopes of participating in the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. He did not make that team, and he returned to his native Australia and resumed his rugby-league career, spending the past two years in Queensland before recently re-signing with his native Sydney club.

In a press release issued by the 49ers upon retiring, Hayne said, “I am retiring from the NFL because he Fiji Rugby Sevens team reached out to me about the opportunity to join the team for the upcoming Olympics, and I simply could no pass that chance up. The Olympics has been something I have admired since I was a little boy, and it is an opportunity I feel very similar to me joining the NFL.”

Hayne competed last month for Fiji in the Rugby League World Cup and is back in Sydney with his original rugby-league team, Parramatta.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/12/...in-civil-suit/
    Psmitty

Inactive User

^^^ reason number 784 to be thankful and celebrate his departure

Bahahahahahahaha

Enjoy that parramatta

Extradition arrangements exist - what a complete waste of space

Rep Player

After so many years of seeming like we were cursed it seems our luck has finally changed so our clubs name isnt dragged into this mess. Good riddance Hayne

Thanks Parra
    #itaintweaktospeak

Yes, this wonderful athlete and would-be role-model is much better off in the Sydney dens of iniquity where you can probably get away with playing the 'born-again' card and there will always be some silly enough to listen.

"Mr Hayne brought our client back to his home, approached her in the dark, turned her around as to not face him and told her ‘no kissing’. He then had non-consensual sexual intercourse with her, causing her significant physical pain." - nrl.com
    What a dog.
    Last edited by Titanic; 20-12-17 at 03:03 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Don't think the rivers of Jordan are washing that away.

Inactive User

Just some of the other outstanding features from the court documents:
    She was passed out, was a virgin, attended a local school and Had a part time job as a waitress.

Any man with a daughter, sister or niece should be sickened.

QLD Cup

Not sure if extradition applies to civil suits. I am not going to judge him on this one ( without the facts) but he, at the very least, has put himself in a compromised position.

Yes. Thank goodness he is with Parra. This timing rates with my mother selling and moving from the family home in Chelmer a few weeks before the 2011 floods.
    Last edited by Titanic Believer; 20-12-17 at 04:02 PM.

I feel for his victim and his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    What a dog.
    I understand your angle, mate. But Dogs are loyal, obedient, etc.. I'd tend to label him a maggot from this latest stuff that has arisen.
    Last edited by Toads; 20-12-17 at 07:27 PM.

OJ Simpson was found not guilty of double murder but in the ensuring civil suit he was found to responsible for their deaths. Much lower burden of proof and Hayne could be in a bit of trouble especially if he doesn’t bother going to the states to defend himself.

- - - Updated - - -

The 1.2 million we paid him last year won’t go close to the legal bill let alone any settlement.

First Grader

Will be interesting considering the DA rejected the case due to insufficient evidence.

Sorry to bump this thread and give Hayne any more oxygen on here, but this is too funny not to post.
    ps, maybe an admin can move this thread into the general RL section.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...4be-1517277832

Brad Arthur beats Jarryd Hayne in Parramatta Eels pre-season fitness course
    The Daily Telegraph
    21 minutes ago
    JARRYD Hayne has never been a strong pre-season trainer, but during Parramatta’s recent training camp on the Central Coast the prodigal Eel was beaten home in a fitness test by coach Brad Arthur.

Speaking on NRL 360 on Monday night, Fox Sports’ chief NRL reporter revealed Hayne finished dead last in a gruelling five kilometre obstacle course while Arthur finished in the top 10.

“I saw them run some sand dunes and complete a five kilometre hectic obstacle course and what I got out of that was — Jarryd Hayne did finish in last position” Hooper said.

Hayne reportedly struggled during Parramatta’s pre-season camp.
    “Jarryd has never been a tremendous pre-season trainer.

“We know that from when Ricky Stuart had him at the Eels and all his coaches will tell you pre-season is not where Jarryd does his best work.”

Given Arthur’s reputation as a fitness fanatic and his previous praise of Hayne’s work ethic since his move from the Gold Coast, it’s unlikely that the Eels are hitting panic stations but the news is slightly embarrassing for the two-time Dally M winner.

“He is never going to win that sort of stuff but you know what, when we are doing our footy stuff and speed work he is in the best couple,” Arthur told the Saturday Telegraph.

“It was the same with Semi Radradra.

“Semi would be last but you have to remember they are different athletes.

“Jarryd’s attitude has been great, unbelievable.

“He has done everything since he has been here.

“He is training really well.

“Like I said, he is never going to win a time trial or a sand dune run but he is getting fitter and he is getting better.”

Hayne had previously come under fire for lagging behind in Parramatta’s fitness work earlier this month after he was spotted trailing behind Arthur’s 12-year old son.

The son of Brad Arthur is pictured accelerating past Jarryd Hayne.
    Host Ben Ikin agreed with the assessment of Hayne.

“He looks to me like he’s struggling, like he’s not handling the workload.”

The 29-year old is yet to regain the form he showed in his last year with the Eels in 2014.

Hayne seems to have yet to recover from his stint in the NFL, where he reformed his body to deal with the rigours of the gridiron.

“You can really see the strength work he had to put in his body physically in the NFL,” observed Hooper.

“He’s got a huge rump. It’s not fat, it’s just big, it’s rotund.”

Originally published as Coach Arthur beats Hayne in time trial

Originally the article said he had a butt like Serena Williams lolololol.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

That is a worthy bump. I laughed so hard when I read this this morning.

Previously Hayne was letting himself get beat by the coaches son.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER