Page 88 of 165 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 98 138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2463
    QLD Cup

If we are willing to pay Boyd that much I'd happily pay up to 750 for JWal. He's consistently been one of our best players since arriving here, he's local and he's going to be a QLD prop for many years. Good on him for testing the market. Every year this happens, one position becomes over valued because there is a shortage. We should pay him what he's worth.

The thing I don't like about Boyd is he goes through long periods without much form. Surely after our latest recruitments we don't want more of that.

Jwal contract also ramped up in the later years so he would be getting paid more than what the articles are saying.

But like everyone else I would much prefer to throw Jwal and SBoyds money at Hipgrave, Arrow, King, Fotuaika, Boyle to lock them up for the future, and sign an old hard headed forward to guide them and instill some aggression/leadership.

With Brenko and Copley having blinders, we should be signing a metre eating hard running winger eg Blake Fergo (if he has matured), Ken Mamalo, or bring Marika Korobeite back.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Jwal contract also ramped up in the later years so he would be getting paid more than what the articles are saying.

But like everyone else I would much prefer to throw Jwal and SBoyds money at Hipgrave, Arrow, King, Fotuaika, Boyle to lock them up for the future, and sign an old hard headed forward to guide them and instill some aggression/leadership.

With Brenko and Copley having blinders, we should be signing a metre eating hard running winger eg Blake Fergo (if he has matured), Ken Mamalo, or bring Marika Korobeite back.
    I personally think we're missing a genuine speedster on the wing..there were a few occasions on Saturday where we made a break and just didn't have the toe to turn it in to definite points. Sami isn't the fastest and Don is only good for that when he strides out and you won't see him gas anyone on the outside in a short amount of space. A top tier speedster outside of Brenko to receive his offloads or to finish off Copley's breaks would be a nice..

QLD Cup

I'm with you on that HS. I think that is a priority. Sami has natural ability but probably needs to be taught how to use his size more effectively. Who's out there though that would be worth pursuing?

Korobeite would be great but highly unlikely. As for Mamaolo, I have a lot of Warriors friends over here and if they had their way he would be dropped. He's been alright this year but last year his hands were atrocious and his defensive reads were terrible. We already have Koni but at least he has the ability to really spark us when he's on fire.

Our name hasn't been associated with Mansour and he is high profile (also Penrith) off contract winger so we can only assume that it's not a high priority for Garth. Lets hope there is someone coming through the lower grades that is ready to put pressure on our incumbents.

Lower grades, lower grades, lower grades for speedy wingmen with some size or style. Every club has got them somewhere ... or go to Fiji for a holiday. I know a lot of you will be argue that it's now a key position in "the modern game" but fair dinkum compared to any other position it is the easiest to play if you have speed and cajones.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

@Badel_cmail - The Titans will announce a four year extension for Jarrod Wallace this afternoon. Good news for titans. The deadline ultimatum from coach garth brennan has paid dividends

Hahahaha ... that must have hurt Petey Badel a lot and I have to say, for sure his manager had to reach out but he's one of us.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Lower grades, lower grades, lower grades for speedy wingmen with some size or style. Every club has got them somewhere ... or go to Fiji for a holiday. I know a lot of you will be argue that it's now a key position in "the modern game" but fair dinkum compared to any other position it is the easiest to play if you have speed and cajones.
    Titans have one in their backyard. Troy Leo playing ISC for Burleigh at moment.

Brenko Lee has speed so we could put him on a wing (Elliot back to centre). Alternatively the Tigers have a plethora of outside backs and not enough positions to fill. Could possibly go sniffing around there.

But in saying that I'm see the same reasons we didn't re-sign Nene as the same reasons we are seeing with Sami. Given a couple of years and Nene is playing good footy. I'd hate to see the same happen to Sami.

Good news about JWal. Hopefully we can lock up some of our up and comers.

Email from the club and link to the interview.

Prop forward Jarrod Wallace has today agreed to terms with the Titans, through until the end of season 2022.

Hear from Jarrod. https://www.titans.com.au/news/2018/...73319_98461135

The Runaway Bay junior has exercised his option for 2019 and also accepted the offer to remain at the club for a further three years beyond that.

The Queensland State of Origin representative has played 102 NRL games (29 as a Titan) and is looking forward to adding to that tally over the next four years.

“Ever since I came to the Coast I’ve said how proud I am to represent where I come from and nothing has changed in that regard,” Wallace said.

“It’s a great bunch of boys we’ve got here and whilst we’re not in the greatest position at present, I really feel as though we’re building towards something special in the future.

“Garth is making some good calls and I’m looking forward to being part of it.

“I know that this process has gone back and forth a bit but there have been a number of factors at play across the board. It was an odd position to be in where I had the option for next year but also was happy to extend my stay.

“I’m extremely happy with the outcome and the fact I can stay a Titan.”

Coach Garth Brennan is pleased he’s been able to retain the Origin representative.

“My priority was to always keep Jarrod on the Coast,” Brennan said.

“He’s a local product and a quality front rower. It’s great that he’ll be here long-term.

“It’s great that we’ve been able to retain a player of Jarrod’s quality and I look forward to continue working with him in the future.”

CEO Graham Annesley is also pleased Wallace will remain a Titan.

“Everyone in the club is glad Jarrod has decided to extend his time with us. He is a great club man and he is very popular with players, staff, sponsors and members,” Annesley said.

“Jarrod is a local junior and his re-signing is another great signal of the value we place in the strength of our own production line.”
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Personally I hope we don't get Boyd after this, would rather spend the money elsewhere
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

Good news that Wallace resigned. If we haven't already signed Boyd then I think we should just abandon the idea of signing him altogether and primarily focus on our backline. That's obviously our weakest link at the moment and we have the money to get someone decent I would imagine. Like someone mentioned before, we need a speedster. Keep an eye on how Brimson and Taylor combine but at the same time, maybe look at the market for another half that has a bit of experience. Ryley Jacks would be ideal. Down the track if need be, you could slip Brimson into fullback once Gordon retires, have Jacks at 5/8 and Taylor at half back. I don't think we need to be out signing other forwards, especially now.

Inactive User

Great news
    Love local juniors

QLD Cup

Very pleased with this news, definitely was a bit worried that he may walk! I'm with everyone else, don't think we need Boyd at all. I thought we could perhaps do with a Haas or TPJ type front rower but what I've seen with MoFo (so much easier to spell) he seems to have the goods.

I still see Elgey in our long term plans and Brimson moving to fullback so a strike winger would be a must in my opinion. Peats, Ash, Elgey, Copley, Sami, Hurrel (I think he'll bounce back) and Gordon until we find that extra player would be my backline moving forward

First Grader

Still not convinced on Lee defensively. He let in 2 tries on the weekend and whilst his attack was good he does have defensive issues. I think we need a big body in the forwards and I like the idea of Boyd and Wallace. With AJ going good I think another backup half would be good and release Elgey who is on $600k if I remember correctly. Certainly need some speed in the backs and I would be targeting Isaako who is off contract this year.