Page 77 of 165 FirstFirst ... 27 67 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 87 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2463
    QLD Cup

I'll be extremely disappointed if we see Elgey go to Manly. Firstly, I don't see what we would gain from it, I'm sure they cant afford to pay his large salary and the only player I would want back from them is Brian Kelly but they won't let him go. Secondly, I think he has been a little hard done by being dropped because he "can't manage the team" when Garth has been saying all year that it's Ash's team. Sure his defence has been bad but he's had several different second rowers outside him which has clearly not helped the situation. His attack has shown glimpses of getting back to where it should be (like that nice grubber he put in for Don to score against penrith and the cut out ball he threw to Don against manly but he ran into Gordon..). Cartwright has been far worse than Kane in my opinion this season but everyone seems to get juggled around to fit him in. Surely dropping him to learn how to defend like second rower would be more beneficial because he's not a long term eighth option.

Agree with you Shamrock about Peachy but where do we play him? He's not really an organiser for the halves, too small for centre and doesn't want to play a utility role.. Man I would love to have any one of their forwards in our pack though

NZF you nailed it with LG to manly. Now way know can they afford him unless we pay his salary.

The Peach is the best utility in the game at the moment. So if we play him in his best spot that's it. A bit like Cartwright saying he doesn't want to play 6 but sometimes you just have to suck it up for the betterment of the team.
    I think if he has to start it will be at centre but we would just have to get him early and plenty of ball to take full advantage of his skill set IMHO.
    And don't worry to much about our pack mate their going pretty good.

I love elgey and hope he comes good but if not we desperately need an experienced half to take the pressure off ash and direct the team when ash goes missing, we need a green or Maloney, or even Tyrone back

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I'll be extremely disappointed if we see Elgey go to Manly.
    So will I.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    So will I.
    lol

If true this could solve some issues considering we have a $ surplus.

Walker would be a great pick up. Definitely could use the depth in the centres.

So we've signed Dallas wells from Burleigh to the development squad, anyone know anything about him?

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    So we've signed Dallas wells from Burleigh to the development squad, anyone know anything about him?
    I believe he is Henares brother. Primarily been playing 5/8. Has gone alright in the games I have seen. Believe he is out injured at the moment though.

Is he good enough for first grade this year?

Off-contract props set to spark transfer circus as NRL clubs targets stall decisions
    DEAN RITCHIE, The Daily Telegraph
    May 2, 2018 7:27pm

IT is the great $20m front-row scramble — and it’s delaying the long-term recruitment plans of eight NRL clubs.

Last season, NRL clubs were locked in a halfback frenzy — this year it is front-row hysteria.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal 11 top-level props are coming off contract after this season and clubs are talking, scheming and negotiating to snag their man.

And every decision depends on the decision at another club.

With deals spanning two to four years, the total contract value for the front-row free agents would be worth between $15m to $20m.

One NRL coach said: “We can’t do anything until the prop we want makes a decision. Our decision will then impact on another prop.

“Once one front-rower decides, it could flow on quickly from there and there’ll be a string of recruitment news.”

Leading NRL player agent Allan Gainey added: “It’s is a front-row jigsaw — it’s merry-go-around in regards to where they are all going to fit in.”

•Canberra’s Kangaroos prop Shannon Boyd is being chased by Newcastle and Gold Coast, with one offer worth $650,000 a season. However the Raiders say they won’t be pushed into making an inflated offer;

•Jarrod Wallace has an option in his favour to stay at the Gold Coast next year, and a four-year offer on the table, but is considering interest from Brisbane. If he leaves the Titans will target Boyd;

•Dragons have tabled an offer for enforcer Leeson Ah Mau and will meet with him this week to try and ward off interest from Newcastle and the New Zealand Warriors;

•Melbourne have offered a new deal to Maroons prop Tim Glasby, who has attracted interest from Canberra and Newcastle, as well as the Dragons if Au Mau leaves, although Penrith’s interest has waned. A decision is expected by the end of this week;

•Josh Papalii is close to re-signing with Canberra on a three-year deal but reports emerged on Wednesday of an unknown club offering a four-year deal worth $3.2m. Souths are denying an interest;

•Newcastle are unlikely to re-sign Queensland front-rower Jacob Lillyman;

•Penrith have expressed interest in Brisbane’s Matt Lodge but he may resist a return to Sydney;

•Prop Korbin Sims is yet to receive an offer from the Broncos, who have made re-signing Lodge their priority despite interest in Sims from Manly. Sims, who hopes to have his future settled within the next week;

•Canterbury are shopping around Aiden Tolman, who has previously been linked to Cronulla and the Gold Coast;

•Parramatta are expected to announce the signing of Junior Paulo on a four-year deal worth nearly $3m; and

•Canberra prop Sia Soliola is unsigned but highly respected at the club.

Giant front-rower Nelson Asofa-Solomona has been linked to Parramatta when his deal concludes after next season. Melbourne however are currently negotiating to re-sign him now.

•Manly’s Marty Taupau has a heavily back-ended deal but remains under contact at Brookvale for next season.

Other props coming off contract after this year include Parramatta’s Suaia Matagi, South Sydney’s Mark Nicholls, St George Illawarra’s Jeremy Latimore and the Warriors’ Sam Lisone.

“The prices are going up because clubs want marquee props,” said one recruitment manager.

“There will be lots of swirling around to come. Probably the middle-tier props have become more attractive though.”

There is also a shortage of wingers and centres on the open market.

Ten clubs each have a spot left in their top-30 NRL rosters for this year and have until June 30 to find that extra player.

If Wallace was to leave and go to Brisbane and we get Boyd I wouldn't be disappointed, I think Wallace, arrow, James and king and co are all similar size hardworking forwards, and Boyd would give us that big forward that can bend the line which I think we are missing

Yeah, I said no to Boyd in the first instance but I agree with you GCTTSD it would make sense if Wallace does the dirty.
    I read the other day there were some clubs chasing Stockwell so I hope we are in the process of locking him up as I'm really starting to rate him. He's building every week and I expect he'll get more minutes this week (married to Brennan's niece so you'd think we'd have the inside running)

Like Stockwell a lot ... want to keep our forward rotation and develop it. With Fotuaika coming through we should just hold on to what we’ve got and fix the frigging backs.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Karl Lawton scores a double for the Warriors. Shame we let him go. Could use him now more than ever.