Page 7 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Official: Agnatius Passi rejoins the Warriors for 2018-19 after being granted a release from his Titans deal #NRL

https://twitter.com/nath_ryan/status/927342901331247104

- - - Updated - - -

Few new signings at the Titans today in Jack Stockwell (Knights) and Jai Whitbread (Broncos). Mitch Rein arrives later this week. #nrlhttps://twitter.com/travismeyn/status/927343359936495616
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

Some comments please on Jack Stockwell people??

Lurker saying Napa on the outer at the Roosters, possibility?
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Some comments please on Jack Stockwell people??
    I think he did well with his first year with the Knights but he's had some injuries these last two years. He's a big boy so probably in the bench rotation with the props.

All seem like very average 'not-very-high-ceiling' signings to me.

Immortal

Jai Whitbread is by no means an average low ceiling type. He is a real talent and a local junior for good measure

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Jai Whitbread is by no means an average low ceiling type. He is a real talent and a local junior for good measure
    Thanks mdrew. Should have clarified - I don't see much of a ceiling for Stockwell or Reign.

Ive seen in a few articles recently that Hoffman may be looking at coming back to the Titans. There is talk if Hayne goes they will release Hoffman to come back.
    Psmitty

No to Hoffman on several levels ... surely we must move forward, I don't want to spend another season counting how many times he didn't pass the ball.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Thanks mdrew. Should have clarified - I don't see much of a ceiling for Stockwell or Reign.
    I can see where you're coming from GT. I think Rein fills that void of capable as opposed to development potential - we would have picked him up at the price you'd usually pay a fringe or "potential" footballer though, which I'm ok with - good bang for buck and I'll enjoy seeing him out there with the 9 when Peatsy is injured, as opposed to Simpkins.

One thing I do want to comment on is our Rookie contract allocation, which I don't think the club has done with much of a strategy or eye to scouting. 3 or 4 of the 6 are straight from our NYC team last year and the others from other NYC teams. Why did we not look wider and deeper - there are 16 clubs that have all had NYC players over the past few seasons that have been just as dominant, graduated to QCUP and are performing at QCUP without being allocated to a club because the rookie system wasn't around when they graduated NYC 1-2 years ago. Are these not proper rookies? I.e. playing the grade below NRL adequately, yet still only 21/22? Who says that all of these players we have given these rookie contracts in 2018 can even compete at QCUP level this year or next year? I mean no disrespect to these players whatsoever and am a huge fan of junior development as you all know, however this roster management tactic does not make sense to me - I would have thought that we would have looked to allocate it moreso with 6 players aged 18-22, as opposed to 6 players aged 19 or 20. I just think we've limited ourselves with a narrow approach with respect to age. Just my thoughts.

Junior

Should be an even split 3 under 20 and 3 over 20.

tbh I am glad Passi is gone, was being talked up at the start of last season but never really evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    tbh I am glad Passi is gone, was being talked up at the start of last season but never really evolved.
    Like all of the over hyped hair bears. It was obvious early that none of them had the motors that are necessary to be consistently good at NRL level.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    No to Hoffman on several levels ... surely we must move forward, I don't want to spend another season counting how many times he didn't pass the ball.
    Good point, those times were frustrating.

No to Hoffman, thanks!

Like to know our exact squad numbers , does anyone know as zero tackle is wrong at the minute.

Also can someone clear up for me that the clubs can only use the 30 players in the squad through the year and not use outside the 30 should they need to due to injury?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady