Page 69 of 165 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2463

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Id be sneakily targeting Oates.
    Oates would be a good addition. But I'd prefer to get Broncos players whilst they're young and infected with their entitled attitude.

Seeing the same article about Wallace wanting to head back to the Broncos. Would be a huge loss...please not let it be true.

But it's not a direct quote and it's written by pro bronco paper. Hopefully just manager talk for pay me more.

If the Wallace whispers are true I will be so PI..ED off. How is that these guys come to us, after getting no field time at their clubs, in this case the Donkeys, develop into the players that they are, play Origin because of performances with us and then p..s off back when in their prime to their old club. Ash is another example. Make no mistake he will be gone at the end of his current contract back to the Donkeys. Next we will see the likes of Jai Arrow go too most likely.

There is no loyalty at all anymore and when it happens to be the Donkeys that get our new and improved players back, it cuts deeper. Even Judas, as much as I can't stand him, was another prime example. No one would touch him but the Titans and then after turning him into a great player, he turns his back on us. Seeing him score tries nearly every friggin game cheeses me off no end and I always yell at the TV "do your ACL you bas....d" (not kidding either and don't care if I am a bad person for it).

Supporting this team and the NRL in general is getting harder and harder to take. I am just so sick of us being the "joke" of the NRL and when this sort of thing happens, with the players ditching us, it just adds weight to their argument. Rant over

I hear ya Nols and I recon it all revolves around success for the Titans.
    Could it be that most of these players believe that even if they bust their gut at the Titans no real success will come of it? Just throwing it out there.

So I personally want to start seeing the changes that provide hope and a pathway to success or it all becomes so goddam "same old same old" and frustrating that one day we'll all want to piss-off to another club.

To me the writing is on the wall for this year where I see other teams starting to improve but we will be left behind playing with ourselves and hoping that next week the players can put in a better effort. Well it's not the effort in my opinion but rather a case of not utilising the talent we have in the most enterprising way and not being afraid to change things to unlock upside and potential.

A bit Like Benny saying he would not change Milford and Nikorima for the whole year when everyone could clearly see it was a train wreck with no upside nor potential.

Look away MT….
    Brennan please go and put your arm around Hastings and throw him a lifeline.
    I don't give a stuff about the "he doesn't fit in" Bullsh1t!
    We sure need some quality depth in our backs. I wouldn't doubt this bloke could play a descent centre roll?

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Look away MT….
    We sure need some quality depth in our backs. I wouldn't doubt this bloke could play a descent centre roll?
    All good mate. I have looked away from the NRL for a fair bit over the last few days. For those complaining about the Titans how about reflecting on those d1ckheads that follow the Titans and Manly. Lifeline have even blocked my calls.

Thanks for the giggle MT. Bloody funny

Look away MT….
    this may be the worst take i've seen in all my years of being on this forum

Which part NZT? Do tell...

How long can Manly say their only problem is Jackson Hastings?
    By Andrew Webster22 April 2018 — 6:25pm

We keep being told the problem at Manly is just one player. His name is Jackson Hastings.
    It’s a line that’s getting harder to swallow as the Sea Eagles slip further into crisis with every miserable loss.

Parramatta are no longer the worst team in the NRL - that honour must surely now go to Manly.
    On Sunday, at ANZ Stadium, Parramatta thumped them 44-10. They hadn’t won all season. A week before, the Wests Tigers owned Manly 38-12 at their home ground, Brookvale Oval.
    Hastings didn’t play in either match. Considering he’s the only problem at Manly, apparently, imagine how poorly they would’ve gone if he had?
    Five-eighth Lachlan Croker isn’t the problem at Manly, although he’s doing very little out there at the moment, passing balls into the ground with nobody touching him.
    Advertisement

Captain and halfback, Daly Cherry-Evans, can’t be the problem, even though he was fined $10,000 for his drunken scuffle with Hastings in Gladstone following the loss to the Titans and following a night out at a local strip club called The Boardroom.
    Manly’s had some legendary battles in the boardroom over the years but nothing quite like this.
    Sure, Cherry-Evans has had seismic fallouts with Manly teammates in the past. Same at Queensland, although that’s all rubbish apparently. More media-driven bull****. Agenda. Hate.

Against the Eels, Cherry-Evans passed balls over the sideline, sent kick-offs over the sideline and generally failed to get his spluttering side going at any stage.
    We know there’s only one problem at Manly — his name is Jackson Hastings — but would you, coach Trent Barrett, consider bringing him back for the match against the Knights next Friday night at Brookvale in the wake of back-to-back defeats?
    “The last game only finished five minutes ago, mate, so I haven’t really thought about the side next week,” Barrett said, struggling to contain his anger at the question.
    Was the drunken fight involving Hastings and Cherry-Evans in Gladstone a fortnight ago — which saw Hastings demoted to feeder club Blacktown Workers and Cherry-Evans fined $10,000 — a reason for the side’s poor performances?
    “No. No…”
    Is the door still open at all for Hastings, who played solidly for Blacktown in their win over Wyong on Saturday?
    “Look,” said Barrett, taking a deep breath, talking slowly and deliberately like a teacher addressing a room of schoolchildren. “Can I just say one thing again? I said it when I spoke about it the other day. The incident in Gladstone was a little bit of the straw that broke the camel’s back. This isn’t an isolated thing when I’ve gone bang, bang, bang and made a decision. There’s been things leading up to that. That’s all I’m gonna say on it. It isn’t the reason why we lost today. It certainly doesn’t help. And who I pick next week … I will sit down on Tuesday and pick a side. I will not be answering another question on it.”

Barrett and Manly can keep telling us that they’re problem is only one man but the more they lose, and the more Sea Eagles players both privately and publicly say they have no problem with Hastings, the suspicion won’t go away that something is seriously amiss.
    A month ago, they put on 54 points against the Eels. A month later, against the same team, they looked like reserve graders.
    Hastings is a tricky person to read and has many issues to deal with. But it’s becoming trickier to read the situation at Manly.
    Barrett is backing Cherry-Evans and you can understand why. He is the $10 million player the Sea Eagles are building their future around.
    But for all Hastings' weirdness, he’s got his supporters. His phone lit up with text messages of support from teammates when Barrett said last week he was on the outer with the playing group.
    That sounds suspiciously like a divided playing group to me. We'll see.
    Asked about his relationship with Hastings, Cherry-Evans answered with the diplomacy of a UN peacekeeper.
    “It’s fine, yeah,” he said. “It’s fine. We cleared the air straight away. It’s a shame to see so much written about it considering how quickly we moved on.”
    Is it having an impact on the side?
    “Not at all. Considering how quickly we moved on from the situation, there was no lingering awkwardness. It certainly didn’t leave it as an excuse to play poorly today.
    “I’ve copped it [the $10,000 fine] all on the chin. I’ve accepted the punishment. I’m certainly not proud of what happened. The best way I can respond is to play good football and while that certainly wasn’t the case today I can’t wait until next week to get our season back on track and show everyone what we’re capable of.”
    Whatever the case, Manly need to start winning or, at the very least, losing better.
    So said Barrett: "We’re in a hole," Barrett said. "The only way to get out of it is to stick together."
    Except for Jackson Hastings, who is apparently Manly's only problem.

JUST FOR YOU NZT

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    this may be the worst take i've seen in all my years of being on this forum
    Oh come on.....what about when I said we should recruit Ricky Leutele and convert him into a Lock Forward.

Which part NZT? Do tell...
    The part I highlighted in bold

"I wouldn't doubt this bloke could play a descent centre roll?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Oh come on.....what about when I said we should recruit Ricky Leutele and convert him into a Lock Forward.
    Christ, too right mate that was a doozy.

Sh1T NZT I actually thought I highlighted that statement as I'm pretty sure he could probably play all backline positions pretty well.
    If you've got some inside info on why he couldn't transform into a descent centre please let me know I'm interested.
    cheers

For those who can remember his old man, he was very overrated in good team.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.