Page 66 of 165 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 116 ... LastLast

KFC would jump for joy ... no to this bloke and thumbs-up to our young mobile pack ... would take S. Boyd though.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I think he is out of form, but I would definitely consider him at the right price. We still need an enforcer in our pack who puts some rattling hits on.

I have also noticed we never seem to pressure opposition halves when they go to put a kick through. Definitely have to start mounting more pressure there.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I think he is out of form, but I would definitely consider him at the right price. We still need an enforcer in our pack who puts some rattling hits on.

I have also noticed we never seem to pressure opposition halves when they go to put a kick through. Definitely have to start mounting more pressure there.
    Hipgrave would be a good enforcer. Agree with pressure on the kicker, but we'd probably get penalised for touching them.

Sorry guys, wasn’t sure where to put this:

Apparently Morgan Boyle has been playing with an injured shoulder all year that requires reconstructive surgery. He allegedly displaced it prior to the start of the season and has opted to delay surgery until the seasons end.

Garth Brennan says Tyrone Peachey has not been signed as Kane Elgey’s replacement in the halves

TITANS coach Garth Brennan insists he has not signed Panthers utility Tyrone Peachey to replace off-contract five-eighth Kane Elgey next year.

Elgey and Peachey will square off against each other in the No. 6 jerseys at Panthers Stadium on Sunday.

It will be Peachey’s first appearance against the Gold Coast since signing a three-year deal with the Titans, beginning next season.

Peachey, 26, is the fourth player Brennan has snared from his former club and will join ex-Panthers Bryce Cartwright, Mitch Rein and Leilani Latu on the Gold Coast.

The freakishly talented Peachey has played several *positions in his 97-game NRL career and was thrust into five-eighth to replace the injured Nathan Cleary.

Tyrone Peachey will face his new club on Saturday.

Brennan is deciding whether to offer Elgey a new deal, but insisted he had not signed Peachey to take the local product’s spot next season.

“I probably see him as a centre,” Brennan said.

“In saying that, we’ve got (Dale) Copley and Koni (Konrad Hurrell) and if Dale (also off-contract) says he wants to stay, then Peach has the flexibility to play a bit of six or 13.

“He can play wherever. He will be in my 13 somewhere.”

Peachey has had various positions without making any his own, but Brennan believes he has the talent to dominate on the Gold Coast.

“He is a class act,” he said. “He is a footballer. No matter what position you put Peach in, he delivers. They are the sort of players you love having.

“You know if you have a hole to fill or need a quality player in a certain position, he is going to do that.

“You can see he’s been playing six and they’ve been firing. A few weeks ago he was playing centre. He scored a matchwinning try off the bench. He is a super talent and a good person. He ticks every box.”

Penrith are flying near the top of the ladder with four wins in the opening five rounds.

Their only loss came in the Bulldogs match in which Cleary was injured, and Peachey has done little wrong in the two games he has started at five-eighth.

Elgey said he hoped to play alongside Peachey next year.

“I’d like to take some tips from him,” he said.

“He is on my side and I will have to mark up on him. He’s strong. He’s got that instinct of when to run and when not to. He could play four or five positions. He will be special to have here”.

After some clunky performances, Elgey’s playmaking combination with Ash Taylor has fired in back-to-back wins.

http://www.couriermail.com.au
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I tell ya what Benji is going well beyond what I thought what he was still capable of.
    I remember some blokes on here calling for us to chase his signature not that long ago (WTF?).
    Well done geniuses!!!!!!!

Per Private Ryan:

HUSH, HUSH

It’s not just Newcastle who are chasing the signature of St George Illawarra prop Leeson Ah Mau.

We’ve heard another non Sydney club has reached out to the 28-year-old.

Here’s a hint: This club is based north of the NSW border.

Update: Apparently it’s the Broncos...
    Last edited by Dobes; 16-04-18 at 09:58 PM.

3 roster spots has to be filled before 30 June, $700k to spend its being reported.

First Grader

We need some bigger bodies to bend the line with some power. We have a lot of workers but not much power

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Per Private Ryan:

HUSH, HUSH

It’s not just Newcastle who are chasing the signature of St George Illawarra prop Leeson Ah Mau.

We’ve heard another non Sydney club has reached out to the 28-year-old.

Here’s a hint: This club is based north of the NSW border.
    I hope to hell it is us, he has been playing good footy

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I hope to hell it is us, he has been playing good footy
    Fingers crossed man! I think it’d make most sense for it to be us that’s after him since: A) We have the money to spend. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think the Broncos or the Cowboys are in as good of a financial position as we are. B) We’re obviously out for a forward because we’ve been enquring about Josh Papalli. We’ll see what happens anyway.

Update: Apparently it’s the Broncos...
    Last edited by Dobes; 17-04-18 at 01:52 AM.

Manly players refuse to take the field with Jackson Hastings as exit looms
    DEAN RITCHIE, The Daily Telegraph
    April 17, 2018 6:53am

MANLY players have told head coach Trent Barrett they will not play in the same team as utility player Jackson Hastings, who is being shopped around for an immediate release.

It is an astonishing situation where a side is in revolt over a teammate.

Barrett will name a 21-man squad on Tuesday for Sunday’s vital match against Parramatta — and Hastings will be missing.

It is almost certain Hastings will be chosen for Manly’s feeder club, Blacktown Workers, who compete in the Intrust Super Premiership.

Unless Manly sustain further injuries to an already depleted playing roster, Hastings will not be chosen in first grade again this season. It is the sad demise of a player with substantial ability.

Club officials claim Hastings’ personality does not fit the Brookvale club.

Manly has attempted to assist Hastings with counselling. Barrett is also struggling with Hastings’ demeanour.

Why is it that no-one wants to play with Jackson Hastings.
    There are suggestions Hastings has “a lack of respect for senior players” and has been clashing recently with Manly skipper Daly Cherry-Evans.

The club acknowledged there was an incident between Hastings and Cherry-Evans in Gladstone last week but deny it was a fight.

Manly players have banded together against Hastings. Essentially, the players don’t want him in the side, placing Barrett in an unenviable position.

The issues with Hastings have been simmering now for several weeks at Brookvale.

He missed last weekend’s match against Wests Tigers with an Achilles injury. He wouldn’t have been chosen even if he was fit.

Sea Eagles officials have started talks with Hastings’ manager, Sam Ayoub, about moving the young utility on to another club.

Unless injury strikes, Hastings will not play first grade at Manly again.
    There has been some interest from the English Super League.

Asked about the Hastings drama, Manly chief executive Lyall Gorman said: “Like all players, we continue to provide an environment and culture where they can thrive.

“But, at the end of the day, if a player chooses not to fit into that then you’ve got to make cultural decisions.

“None of those have been made in the context of Jackson at the moment.”

Hastings certainly won’t be at Manly next season. It means Hastings will have had three NRL clubs by age 22.

One club insider said: “He is off with the playing group. There has been a lot of angst at training between Jackson and certain members of the playing group. This has been building up for a couple of weeks now. He just doesn’t fit in here.

The former Rooster has put many players off-side.
    “There is definitely a personality issue there. It’s coming across that there is a real lack of respect for senior players. This isn’t a one-off.”

There is no question Manly believe Hastings has ability and he has produced some stellar stints off the bench.

Manly hope Hastings can rebound and find another NRL club. The Sea Eagles know Hastings has to leave but don’t want to deny him an opportunity to continue his rugby league career.

It is a difficult decision for Manly given officials are aware they have limited player depth this season.

Hastings did have similar issues with previous clubs, St George Illawarra and Sydney Roosters.

In February this year, Hastings told the Sydney media: “I am very competitive, wear my heart on my sleeve, and it probably shows some bad traits at times with the way I handle myself in situations.

“Off-field, I am completely different and pretty approachable.”

Hastings is the son of Roosters legend, Kevin.

Brennan is meant to be good with the kids so maybe he could work some magic with this possible "Nutter"?
    Certainly looks like the utility player we don't currently have in our stocks

Hard pass from me. This is also being discussed in another thread.

First Grader

No way in the world to jackson Hastings. He's been rissoled from 3 clubs (drags, roosters and soon to be manly) due to his personality issues. Not something the club needs.

A big no to hastings