Page 64 of 165 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 114 164 ... LastLast

If we were to sign Coote or Wighton as our future fullback id be suuuuuper pissed

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    If we were to sign Coote or Wighton as our future fullback id be suuuuuper pissed
    I'm with you. I think our signings should be blokes that we want and blokes that want to come here, not blokes that need to leave their current club.

This is what we are known for ..... taking others leftovers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGngUrHpDRo
    Psmitty

Wighton would be a really good centre or winger for us, I don't think he's a fullback, Ive always though if he'd played centre or wing his whole career he'd be close to playing origin

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Wighton would be a really good centre or winger for us, I don't think he's a fullback, Ive always though if he'd played centre or wing his whole career he'd be close to playing origin
    Personally I think he is a fullback and also why pay what he wants for a winger.

There's just something about him I don't like. Seems to carry on a bit on the field and although talented makes some absolute clangers. Plus he seems a bit of a pr1ck off the field. So no thanks in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    This is what we are known for ..... taking others leftovers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGngUrHpDRo
    Swing it this way

Wighton is rocks and diamonds ... he’s Koni without the charisma ... it’s a no from me.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Titans move to stop rivals pilfering their top talent

THE Gold Coast Titans are finally making moves to stop rival NRL clubs pilfering the region’s best young players.

New Titans head of football Phil Moss has been tasked with developing a strategic plan to address the club’s junior development programs.

The Titans have had a presence on the Gold Coast for more than a decade but are yet to produce a genuine NRL superstar.

For years rival clubs, particularly the Brisbane Broncos, have been snapping up the region’s best talent.

The Titans have missed out on players such as Corey Norman, Kevin Proctor and Jordan Kahu over the years.

New coach Garth Brennan is intent on having a club chock-full of local products and has gone about bringing Gold Coasters back to the club.

In recent times the club has brought Jai Arrow, Keegan Hipgrave and Jarrod Wallace back to the Gold Coast from Brisbane.

Captain Ryan James is arguably the club’s best home-grown product, but he is yet to play representative footy.

Former Penrith assistant coach Brennan is determined to ensure the Gold Coast’s best juniors are snapped up by the Titans before other clubs find them.

The challenge then is to ensure they see a viable pathway on the Gold Coast and don’t want to leave the club.

http://www.couriermail.com.au
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans centre Dale Copley happy with form as he chases new NRL deal

DALE Copley has been off-contract enough times in his decade-long NRL career to learn not to get frazzled by it.

Copley is one of 12 Gold Coast players who remain without a deal for 2019.

The 26-year-old centre has done his case for an extension no harm though in a strong start to the season, highlighted by his effort to keep Broncos danger man James Roberts quiet last Sunday.

“I knew there would be a fair bit of competition for spots and I wanted to start the year really well and I have felt like I have had a pretty positive impact on the group,” Copley told the Bulletin.

“There are 22 games to go, so happy with the start but there are definitely things to improve on and keeping working on.

“The first port of call is getting in the team, making sure I’m getting picked every week … the rest will sort of take care of itself.

“I’m 26 now, I’ve been through a few times where I have come off-contract so it doesn’t stress me anymore. It will work out.”

Roberts shaped as a key threat to Gold Coast’s chances of a Round 4 upset at Suncorp Stadium – having scored a hat-trick in the corresponding match last year – and Copley responded with arguably the best defensive performance of his career.

“It is definitely the most comfortable I have felt,” he said.

“We put a lot of pressure on our middles after the Dragons game and I thought they were enormous for us (against the Broncos). They did such a good job that on the edge, they made us feel so good and they gave us the chance to be aggressive.

“Those guys made my job so easy out there. It was a pretty tough task on their right edge with (Matt) Gillett and Roberts – any mistake you make is heightened by those guys because they are going to take their opportunities.”

Copley conceded his job gets no simpler this weekend against the Sea Eagles in Gladstone, with Dylan Walker set to line up opposite him on return from injury.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

For those that were talking about Wighton. His charges have become public....

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugb...0180408-p4z8hu

I personally hope we keep Copley. I just don't see a great deal of other options out there and we need to keep building on the team we already have. Some people here were calling for his head after that Dragons loss which I thought was very unfair since the whole team was trash that day.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 09-04-18 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I personally hope we keep Copley. I just don't see a great deal of other options out there and we need to keep building on the team we already have. Some people here were calling for his head after that Dragons loss which I thought was very unfair since the whole team was trash that day.
    I agree. He certainly is a better centre in the traditional sense than Koni. His last two games have been pretty solid.

Inactive User

We are still way under the cap, have vacancies in our squad (I think) and are in a good ladder position.
    This would be a great time to strengthen our squad and get another outside back and/or forward from any of the teams with Cap issues.

Copley is great in that he is a solid centre who can finish tries, does his basics wont take up a huge amount of cap space.

Cowboys won a comp with Oneill and Linnett and Sharks won a comp with a combo of Beale, feki, leutele - none of whom are world beaters - just solid guys who know their place and deliver every week leaving money to sign halves and good forwards.

glad to see Garth getting some good performances out of him, and it seems everyone has improved this year

Junior

I am excited to see some of the young guys get a run later in the season. Brimson, Roberts Davis and some of the others seem to have great wraps so lets give them a run before looking outside the club. If they cant cut it then look elsewhere.