Page 6 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Now i know most of these players weren't on very large contracts at all except maybe McQueen and Zillman, but all in all that is alot of players cut for the I think it is 4 signings we have done this year... Any thoughts on potential targets been a bit quiet all in all. Bloody 9 news tried to tell me we were looking at Cordner today and then said we werent looking at him.

Chris McQueen (Wests Tigers), Leivaha Pulu (Warriors), Tyrone Roberts (Warrington Wolves), Tyler Cornish (released), Nathaniel Peteru (Leeds Rhinos), Paterika Vaivai (Leigh Centurions), Daniel Vidot (retired), Eddy Pettybourne (not re-signed), Ryan Simpkins (not re-signed), William Zillman (not re-signed) (ADD $300k Paasi who has already been released on compassionate grounds I'm hearing) On a side note can we please get the money back on Sarginson...
    Last edited by TitanPremiership; 01-11-17 at 07:39 PM.

i agree on that redic 9 gold coast story. - the clickbait was 'is Cordner headed to the titans' and the actual story was nothing like it, Just Brennan saying he knows him well and categorically saying he woudn't even attempt to sign him. Its in the top handful of misleading titles i can recall.

Gold Coast Titans to grant Agnatius Paasi immediate release on compassionate grounds

TRAVIS MEYN, The Courier-Mail

THE Titans are on the hunt for a new front-row weapon following the departure of “The Tongan Torpedo” Agnatius Paasi.

Paasi has requested a release, which will be granted in the coming days, to return to New Zealand on compassionate grounds.

His departure is expected to be confirmed once Paasi can finalise a contract with the Warriors.

The 25-year-old prop played 54 NRL matches for the Titans over three years, but his 2017 season was plagued by a series of shoulder injuries.

In his return from a shoulder reconstruction, Paasi only managed 11 games last season and looked far from the player that dominated in 2016.

Paasi was close to being crowned the player-of-the-tournament at the 2016 Auckland Nines and had a sensational season as the Titans made the play-offs.

Paasi made his NRL debut for the Warriors in 2014 but only played one match for New Zealand before resurrecting his career at the Titans under Neil Henry in 2015.

Paasi’s departure will free up around $300,000 in the Gold Coast’s salary cap for 2018, giving new coach Garth Brennan an opportunity to draft in some fresh blood.

Football manager Anthony Laffranchi will be given an interim recruitment role at the club when COO Tony Mestrov leaves on Friday to take up the CEO role at Greyhounds NSW.

The Titans are unlikely to appoint a new COO until they are under new owners in the coming weeks.

Junior

Might need to poach Oliver Clark from the Panthers...

Additionally to finding it quite ironic that Hayne has a bigger thread then the whole squad rumours... Given the now likelihood of his exit, I would like to pose the question of who you think would be a good buy for us? As someone posted earlier (sorry can't look up that far while writing this), here is the off contract list for given positions and teams.

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-lea...position-2018/

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-lea...contract-2018/

Isaako is a fella i'd be looking at to try and pinch from the bronx
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by TitanPremiership View Post
    Additionally to finding it quite ironic that Hayne has a bigger thread then the whole squad rumours... Given the now likelihood of his exit, I would like to pose the question of who you think would be a good buy for us? As someone posted earlier (sorry can't look up that far while writing this), here is the off contract list for given positions and teams.

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-lea...position-2018/

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-lea...contract-2018/
    Looking at that list i would try bring Brian Kelly home as left centre, try pick up crighton, nathan brown, will smith/dylan edwards could go well at fullback for a cheaper price.
    Last edited by indoallstars; 04-11-17 at 04:58 PM.

With Hayne going Watching the PNG side today if I was brennnan I would be getting onto meady see if he wants a substantial pay rise to come back down the free way and play fullback his positional play has really impressed me today along with the tough hit ups

Meady always been my homey and i would love him to play for this season as a homecoming until we land a name for next year or get a kid to develop for 2 years -

A full actual season for Mead at Fullback- the season he never got but always deserved and is still the best performed fullback we have had since Preston left. His worst games would be better than anything Zillman ever did, and Dave would put more effort into his ice baths and warm up than jarryd does on the field.

Forget Meady get the Kumul wingers !!!
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Just sign up the Kumuls team.

I'd love to see Mead back, he was never treated with the respect he deserved.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Kumuls won’t go much further unless they solve their on-field leadership issues.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Kumuls won’t go much further unless they solve their on-field leadership issues.
    You noticed that aswell, I see the ppls champion Mead vs the Hunters champion Boas vs the self proclaimed champion Segeyaro.

Segeyaro just over plays his role massively, they look much better when he's not on the field
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I’d get Puara in 9, ditch Watson Boas and Paul Aiton for starters.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Sounds like we've picked up Jack Stockwell