Page 56 of 165 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 106 156 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Calling hughes quick is a big stretch. He's nippy
    Yeah he's got that acceleration but top end was never special. Similar to Val Holmes in this sense, who is very quick off the mark but at full stretch he would be average for an outside back

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Calling hughes quick is a big stretch. He's nippy
    There's no need to bring race into it.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Lol. If we’re comparing speed, wouldn’t a race be the best way to settle it?😉

Nrl tonight, saying we going after Ryley Jack's from storm

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Nrl tonight, saying we going after Ryley Jack's from storm
    wow that seems unnecessary, if we have Ash, Kane and AJ, plus youd have to say Carty too as an option

First Grader

That's strange I don't know why would we need Ryley jacks? �� isn't he a half?

wow that seems unnecessary, if we have Ash, Kane and AJ, plus youd have to say Carty too as an option
    http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leagu...d1vnwus8mbwcc1

Articles starting to pop up but it was Badel who broke the news, which has me thinking broncos conspiracy theories to now take Elgey.

I think they might groom AJ for fullback, but Elgey does have to perform I really like the fella and hope he does, because he is GC thru n thru, and when all the media bs happened last year with atay and troberts, Elgey was so humble throughout. So hoping you Elgey proves the haters wrong, delivers the goods, and gives us some more floating cut outs which he only does when confident.

Junior

Wouldn't it be wonderful to see Valentine Holmes at the back for 2019 or 2020...

Quote Originally Posted by ALX25 View Post
    Wouldn't it be wonderful to see Valentine Holmes at the back for 2019 or 2020...
    No. I don't believe he is a fullback

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    No. I don't believe he is a fullback
    I agree. Holmes is a great winger and needs a lot of development at fullback which may or may not work out. I don’t wanna see him paid big dollars here based on potential in the fullback position

yeah a season or two ago i would have taken Holmes in a heartbeat as i saw natural progression from him into a great fullback, but im less certain now.

If he gets disgruntled at not being sharks fullback and leaves, we CANNOT be the fallback club that incorrectly will play him at FB because we are desperate. Its almost the exact same scenario as Hoffman when he came here.

stay strong.

also indo allstars - i wasnt doubting your post or even the rumour, just perplexed we would be hunting for him. If AJ was going to play FB i guess it makes some sense, but i hope we hold off another bunch of weeks before we make that call and see how our trio go together first

- - - Updated - - -

Just read the article, what a farking hatchet job. Telling a kid with 36 games he has burnt his bridges and no club will touch him.

He might have to settle for a lower contract and work his way back up, but the total doom and gloom seems over the top.

Inactive User

^^^ indeed DB. Good old Badel. What a guy. I don’t believe the story at all, I reckon he’s being devious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ indeed DB. Good old Badel. What a guy. I don’t believe the story at all, I reckon he’s being devious.
    it just says we are keeping an eye on Jacks...what the flip foundation is that to go on

Holmes is a wing no matter what he or his manager thinks and he is not in top half dozen even then. We don’t need him except at unders.

Right now we are good except for depth and that should come from within for 2018. I would take Leutele and perhaps Napa but that would be it.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.