Page 55 of 165 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 105 155 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Be interested in who mdrew reckons is the better investment of the two

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    My broncos (mates ehhhh) rate Allen a great prospect.......so would be another good get for us haha
    Great junior prospect for sure.

Tough to compare him and Jahrome because one has already dominated the ISC competition and proven themself as NRL capable whereas the other is just entering senior footy as of last weekend.

If we got either I would be very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Great junior prospect for sure.

Tough to compare him and Jahrome because one has already dominated the ISC competition and proven themself as NRL capable whereas the other is just entering senior footy as of last weekend.

If we got either I would be very happy.
    I'm with HS either would be good. But Jahrome Hughes is a terrific player who is only going to get better, storm don't poach too many duds he must have a decent enough work ethic, and it is obvious he has an instinctive footy brain.

Either way would love another back, Garth go after korobeite!!

Immortal

In many respects mate it depends on the game plan you want to implement. Jarome Hughes is more the type that can come into the line and play like a second five eight with as HS said has great speed off the mark and power to break arm tackles.

Corey Allen is more of a classic fullback, such as Gary Belcher with a lot more speed, the young man is an absolute flyer and has as clean hands fielding kicks below the knees that I have seen.

From a pure potential stand point Corey Allen has a higher ceiling but Jarome Hughes has already proven that he can dominate in the Queensland Cup and has shown some potential at the NRL level. Corey Allen only played his first QCup game on the weekend, I did not see it but his stats were good.

Corey Allen is probably more likely in that he is off contract at the end of the year compared to Jarome Hughes and would also be cheaper.

Really comes down to the game plan that the coach wants to implement specifically in relation to fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Be interested in who mdrew reckons is the better investment of the two

I'd be interested to know why Hughes didn't get the nod to replace Slater last weekend.
    Surely Hughes has been in the Storm system long enough now that Bellamy could have done a straight swap instead of shuffling his 5/8 to fullback.
    Sorry if Hughes is injured but this is conflicting to his apparent talent in my eyes.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    In many respects mate it depends on the game plan you want to implement. Jarome Hughes is more the type that can come into the line and play like a second five eight with as HS said has great speed off the mark and power to break arm tackles.

Corey Allen is more of a classic fullback, such as Gary Belcher with a lot more speed, the young man is an absolute flyer and has as clean hands fielding kicks below the knees that I have seen.

From a pure potential stand point Corey Allen has a higher ceiling but Jarome Hughes has already proven that he can dominate in the Queensland Cup and has shown some potential at the NRL level. Corey Allen only played his first QCup game on the weekend, I did not see it but his stats were good.

Corey Allen is probably more likely in that he is off contract at the end of the year compared to Jarome Hughes and would also be cheaper.

Really comes down to the game plan that the coach wants to implement specifically in relation to fullback.
    Thanks mdrew-well I’m parking my Bus with Allen now that I’ve read your opinion but will welcome Hughes back if he ends up returning.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    I'd be interested to know why Hughes didn't get the nod to replace Slater last weekend.
    Surely Hughes has been in the Storm system long enough now that Bellamy could have done a straight swap instead of shuffling his 5/8 to fullback.
    Sorry if Hughes is injured but this is conflicting to his apparent talent in my eyes.
    He is injured. He dislocated his shoulder playing against the Cowboys in the exhibition match a few weeks ago, otherwise he would have walked into the #1 jersey.

Ok HS sorry to hear that.

Isaako trumps both of them but I know Bennett is not going to let him go.

Hughes would fit in nicely with the current Titans makeup.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Probably getting ahead of ourselves either way. As Indo said, Hughes is contracted to Melbourne till 2020 and Slater is off contract at the end of this year and Hughes is his direct replacement. I know if I was a young player I'd probably stay in the Melbourne system even if the current money on offer wasn't apples for apples.

If I was Melbourne I would be putting Munster back there next year......

Yeah Hughes is considered their fullback version of Brodie Croft as in he has been groomed to take over from Slater in the same way that Croft has to replace Cronk,

Hughes would come in right now and be an awesome player and would be playing if he didn't injure himself in the trial. Quick, tough, great defender and super skilled. He could definitely play 6 as well if needed.

I would take Hughes over all non current NRL fullbacks, plus some actual NRL established fullbacks as well.

also another local boy to bring home from our 20s who has a great partnership with Kane

this older highlights and he is ALOT better now due to his time developing at storm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOsO5kmYiL4

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    If I was Melbourne I would be putting Munster back there next year......
    yeah i do love Hughes, but Munster is a pretty special talent and is a great fullback and can see the temptation

He plays well as 5/8th as well though
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 15-03-18 at 08:59 AM.

Wow this Hughes does sound really special.
    If that's the case then I think anyone on here thinking that the Storm will let him go are dreaming.
    Probably easier to get Slater here!
    Last edited by RavShamrock; 15-03-18 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Wow this Hughes does sound really special.
    If that's the case then I think anyone on here thinking that the Storm will let him go are dreaming.
    Probably easier to get Slater here!
    Ha yeah i was hoping for Hughes last year as our long term after Hayne, and when he signed long term for Storm i was gutted.

Saw that rumour and just laughed because they wont let him go at all - they have planned masterfully to bring him, Munster, Croft and Brandon Smith to replace a generational spine almost and minimise the fallout when they big 3 leave and i don't see them breaking it up cos we asked nicely.

Calling hughes quick is a big stretch. He's nippy
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]