Page 53 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 63 103 153 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

^^^ yeah come on HS
    Give us something
    Throw us a bone

Disappointed with Peacheys interview .

Not excited at all about coming here and all he could talk about is how much he would have loved to stay .

Luke warm at best right now.

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    Disappointed with Peacheys interview .

Not excited at all about coming here and all he could talk about is how much he would have loved to stay .

Luke warm at best right now.
    He's a bit hamstrung. He has a year to play out on his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    He's a bit hamstrung. He has a year to play out on his contract.
    Yeah i know ....maybe stay quiet until the end of the season, unless he gets an early mark 😊

It’s a business everybody keeps reminding us ... don’t expect anything other than media-coached cliches.

There’s a whisper that Wilbur may make a return just kidding
    Last edited by Titanic; 05-03-18 at 11:21 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

GOLD Coast coach Garth Brennan has revealed the No.1 position he is hunting to fill out his NRL squad – and it matches an ex-Titan who is back in town.

Brennan this morning spoke of the need for more front-row depth and it comes at a time when Nathaniel Peteru has been on the Gold Coast.

Prop Peteru played 22 games for the Titans from 2015 to 2017 before signing with English Super League club Leeds on a three-year deal.

The 26-year-old suffered a torn bicep in his first game for the Rhinos last month and has been doing recovery back on the Coast – but that’s the full extent of his presence here, club sources have insisted.

Nonetheless, movement is on the cards with only 27 of Brennan’s top 30 squad filled. A third spot was made available when Karl Lawton joined the Warriors last week.

“We’re working with the NRL. Obviously you’re supposed to have 29 players signed by the first of March,” he said.

“We had 28 at the time and an offer out on someone else so we’re sort of complying by the fact that we are actively trying to fill those spots.

“It’s not an advantage not having those spots filled by any stretch – it’s probably a disadvantage.”

Brennan confirmed adding to his front-row stocks is a high priority. Jai Arrow will start at prop for just the second time in his young career on Sunday with middles Jarrod Wallace, Keegan Hipgrave and Jack Stockwell all unavailable for Round 1.

“We’re a bit light on at the moment with our middle and I really want to keep Ryan James on an edge where I possibly can,” he said.

“It’s not panic stations. I just want to make sure if I do bring someone into the club that they are the right person and they are right for the club going forward.

“I don’t want to sign someone just for 2018 just to fill a gap. If I bring someone in, it’s for 2018 and beyond.”

Out of favour Canterbury workhorse Aiden Tolman has not been approached, Brennan confirmed.

“He’s a quality player, don’t get me wrong, but there has been no discussions with Aiden Tolman – with him or his management,” he said.

Anyone have any idea who the player we placed an offer for is.

I had a look at the team lists to see who didn’t get named as the offer might be an option for a player to get more game time? Also would think we would be looking for someone with some nrl experience as we have plenty of youth.

Purely a guess but the name i came up with was Lloyd Perrett. Been linked previously, Gold Coast junior and didn’t make the squad for round 1?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    Anyone have any idea who the player we placed an offer for is.

I had a look at the team lists to see who didn’t get named as the offer might be an option for a player to get more game time? Also would think we would be looking for someone with some nrl experience as we have plenty of youth.

Purely a guess but the name i came up with was Lloyd Perrett. Been linked previously, Gold Coast junior and didn’t make the squad for round 1?
    I’m desperate to hear again from HS about his post about a Centre coming our way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I’m desperate to hear again from HS about his post about a Centre coming our way.
    Speaking to HS, his comments were more based on logic that we NEED to sign 2 players to fill our top 30, and we were looking for a centre or a prop.

So he connected some dots, but he didn't have a name or anything, just speculation that we were about to announce someone, 50% chance it was a centre/back and 50% it was a prop, and Garth confirmed we did have an offer out there so HS was pretty on the money.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Speaking to HS, his comments were more based on logic that we NEED to sign 2 players to fill our top 30, and we were looking for a centre or a prop.

So he connected some dots, but he didn't have a name or anything, just speculation that we were about to announce someone, 50% chance it was a centre/back and 50% it was a prop, and Garth confirmed we did have an offer out there so HS was pretty on the money.
    Hey DB, thanks for talking to HS and posting that. When HS says something my ears prick up. We have 27 players on our roster I read somewhere today so we still have a whopping 3 places to fill.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...8bc9c422455bdc

Matty Johns tips Ash Taylor to take mantle of ‘game’s best’, push Titans to finals.
    YOU won’t find the Titans in the top eight of too many expert predictions, but Matthew Johns has found a spot for them after claiming Ash Taylor is poised to become the best player in the NRL.
    Taylor was one of the surprise stars of the 2016 season, romping to Dally M Rookie of the Year honours after guiding the Gold Coast into the playoffs in his first year as a starting halfback.

From the time he first took the field under Neil Henry it was clear that he was a special talent, however the 22-year-old followed his breakout year with an inconsistent 2017 as the Titans’ season was overshadowed by the Jarryd Hayne show, with Henry getting the sack as a result.

With Hayne’s departure following soon after, 2018 has a clean slate feeling about it for the Titans and while many fear a tough season due to a lack of talent on the roster, Johns sees a new dawn, with Taylor to go to another level and push the club into an unlikely playoffs spot.

“I’ve got the Titans (finishing eighth), a lot of eyebrows would be raised there. I like the Titans, I like the balance of their team,” Johns said on The Late Show with Matty Johns.

“They’ve got some big pick ups, I expect Bryce Cartwright to play well under Garth Brennan.

“But the big one’s Ash Taylor for me. I love sides that have got a dominant No.7 and I’ve said on a number of occasions, Ash Taylor will be the best player in the game one day, eventually.

“Whether it’s 12 months, two years, three years, that’s up to Ash Taylor.

“But if he has a dominant year and they have a pretty good run with injuries I think they can make the eight.”

Taylor gave the off-season one of its biggest stories when he signed a new three-year deal worth just north of $1 million-a-season.

It’s a huge show of faith in someone so young but with his junior club the Broncos working behind the scenes to try to lure the talented playmaker back to Brisbane, it was always going to take an eye-popping deal to keep him.

Huge money, sure, but Taylor’s signature was also considered an early win for rookie coach Garth Brennan who has acted as a mentor for the halfback since he was a teenager.

In return for the lucrative deal, Brennan expects Taylor to take his place among the elite in the game and Johns clearly likes what he’s heard from Taylor in response.

“I need to be the more dominant half, that’s what the coach wants me to be. I need to step up and take control of the team,” Taylor said after Brennan criticised one of his trial performances last month.

“Now I know that’s what he wants me to do, it’s what I will work on at training. I can’t wait for the season to start and start proving a point.”

A solid year and a 13-16 finish will do me, not some overinflated bs.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Anything lower than 12th is a disappointment to me

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Anything lower than 12th is a disappointment to me
    Well prepare to be disappointed

Inactive User

^^^ yeah I suggest for your own mental health you have low expectations. No need to set yourself up for disappointment. Whenever we crack a win this season then I will party like its 1999.