Page 52 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ Yeah those 3 examples are a bit special that’s for sure.
    Strategically I struggle to get my head around Rein being on the bench. Peats wants to be an 80min player, why sacrifice that when you can have a Brimson and have more options. Big question is can AJ cut it defensively?
    I recall HS last year saying that one of AJ’s biggest strengths is that he can hold his own in defence.
    Another option I guess is to have 4 forwards on the bench.
    Its great if Peats wants to be a 80 minute player, but is he at his best for all 80? does 20 minute spell let him regroup get his energies and go out fresh both for defence and more importantly to ice the game with good service

I'm not saying either way, but there is difference between being out there for 80 and doing a good job for 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Not a terrible suggestion at all but I think the club might have a left centre up their sleeve before season starts.

I think in any situation AJ needs to prove himself at Qcup level before being realistically considered for an NRL callup.
    Please NOT Moses Suli! Who is it HS, the Peach??

I was just reading an article on Fox Sports saying the Brennan wants Peachy to play 13 next year. How does that work with Cartwright and Arrow and how does that solve our centre problem. I can't see how that will work and our focus needs to be sorting some of the backs out. We are looking better in the forwards just crap in the backs.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    I was just reading an article on Fox Sports saying the Brennan wants Peachy to play 13 next year. How does that work with Cartwright and Arrow and how does that solve our centre problem. I can't see how that will work and our focus needs to be sorting some of the backs out. We are looking better in the forwards just crap in the backs.
    That's just Fox Sports having a wild stab to cause disgruntled fans to go and post on their teams supporter forums about how it won't work or solve our centre problem and our focus needs to be sorting some of the backs out. We are looking better in the forwards just crap in the backs.

In saying that I have no idea who will be playing where in 2019 but I wouldn't read too much in to that Fox Sports article because a) why would our coach be deciding to play Peachey in 2019 when the 2018 season hasn't evens tarted and b) there are no quotes from Garth on the subject of where he will play

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    If Peach plays 13, then i see Carty at 12, or at 6. I hope Kane has a great year Carty has to wear 12, but it maybe depends how James goes on left edge. If he has a supreme year and breaks out as a running back rower and Proctor has another 2 years after this and he can really only play right edge.

the good news is you are going to have to earn your spot in this team next year.

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    I hope the club has a plan for FB after this season. Gordon has lost a heck of a lot of speed and burst. Reliable, sure. But certainly no excitement machine.... And if this rumoured centre up our sleeve turns out to be Joseph Manu (although he has predominantly played right side ), I'm going to need those Powerball numbers DB

Surely we're working on Peach to get that early release...
    The articles are starting to appear regarding Coote not getting a contract renewal. I'm sure we'll be linked soon.

As much as I love the addition of the quality and experience of players like Peachey and Cartwright it’s unfortunate that it could come at the cost of a starting spot for Hipgrave and Arrow. Best case scenario would be Peachey to centre or five-eight

Peachey can go to the left centre but it won't help our defensive issues.

Parra forum speculating Tui Afualo is on his way here for 2019

http://www.1eyedeel.com/forum/topics/tuimavave-afualo-1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Peachey can go to the left centre but it won't help our defensive issues.
    my concern too

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    I hope the club has a plan for FB after this season. Gordon has lost a heck of a lot of speed and burst. Reliable, sure. But certainly no excitement machine.... And if this rumoured centre up our sleeve turns out to be Joseph Manu (although he has predominantly played right side ), I'm going to need those Powerball numbers DB

Surely we're working on Peach to get that early release...
    coming your way

QLD Cup

Parra forum speculating Tui Afualo is on his way here for 2019

http://www.1eyedeel.com/forum/topics/tuimavave-afualo-1

- - - Updated - - -

my concern too
    Funny to read Parra forum given G L was poached from our 20s.

Inactive User

Not a terrible suggestion at all but I think the club might have a left centre up their sleeve before season starts.

I think in any situation AJ needs to prove himself at Qcup level before being realistically considered for an NRL callup.
    Gee I hope you are on the money about a Left Centre up our sleeve HS
    We need it

To be honest, I'm not a fan of signings that are done 12 months in advance. A lot can happen both on and off the field in that period of time. Would be easier on everyone if Penrith would just release him now. Same goes for Crichton at Souths who agreed to join the Roosters from 2019.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 03-03-18 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    To be honest, I'm not a fan of signings that are done 12 months in advance. A lot can happen both on and off the field in that period of time. Would be easier on everyone if Penrith would just release him now. Same goes for Crichton at Souths who agreed to join the Roosters from 2019.
    I’m in the same boat there. It can’t be stabilising for the team they are staying with if not themselves. As you rightly point out, anything can happen.
    Last edited by rj62; 04-03-18 at 11:50 AM.

think the club might have a left centre up their sleeve before season starts.

Any hints on this Hail Sezer?