Page 5 of 165 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    dead weight.
    Things must be quiet in Leigh if they are celebrating the signing of Vaivai. Most people on the Coast would still say they haven't heard of him.

I expect any NRL signing is a big signing in English club football.

- - - Updated - - -

mdrew, US Presidents get less of a background write up than that! ;-)
    Good info though. Very thorough.

I wish we still had Mead

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    I wish we still had Mead
    I wish we still had Mead and the other $1m to spend.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Pearce the target, Elgey the backup

They missed out on Matt Moylan, and may do the same with Mitchell Pearce.

Now Manly have set their sights on a new playmaker for next season to partner Daly Cherry-Evans - boom Titans youngster Kane Elgey.

With Ash Taylor signing a long-term deal on the Gold Coast and new coach Garth Brennan looking to play veteran Jarryd Hayne at five-eighth, Elgey shapes as the odd man out.

The youngster is assessing his options - and Manly shape as the perfect fit.

The Sea Eagles are happy to release veteran Blake Green to the Warriors - giving them room in the salary cap to pick up a new playmaker.

Don’t be surprised if they begin formal talks with Elgey soon.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leagu...1i1auy/slide/1

- - - Updated - - -

Probably usual Lurker BS

If he goes there he’ll go the same way as Cullen.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    If he goes there he’ll go the same way as Cullen.
    God i hope manly don't let Blake Green go to sign Elgey. As things stand Green is a far better player and he can tackle.

I can't see it happening. As much as I don't like LG I can't see Hayne going into the halves without a fullback option. If we got Moylan then that would change things.

The other option is to get Zillman back for a year or two by popular demand.
    Psmitty

Inactive User

This will all get sorted out on the footy field. I’m a believer in both LG ability and in Brennan’s coaching for this to work itself out

So what is our best 17 currently looking like at this stage for next year? What positions are our weakest and who should we target?
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    The other option is to get Zillman back for a year or two by popular demand.
    Ironically Cartwright and Searles plan of signing him for half a decade to avoid a bidding war has actually worked.

Anyway, this.

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-lea...contract-2018/

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-lea...position-2018/

What a shame we have Hayne taking up a million of the cap.
    There was a story doing the rounds today that the Roosters haven't offered Keary what he wanted and that he might be on the market after 2018. The story mentioned that he may in fact be the one to leave (now) if he had a better long term deal and then Pearce would play 5/8. I would grab Keary in a heartbeat but we couldn't have funds for Ash, Keary and Hayne at the same time. It seems like we waited a few years before got rid of Zilly who was chewing up a large amount of cap and now we have the same with Hayne.
    Keary and Ash as our halves....we can only dream.....but it would be possible if the chosen one took off.

The good thing about the year the has just passed is that most players performed poorly so they will have a point to prove next year. Not many players will want to have another year like that especially with so many off contract.

On LG - He has had one breakout year and one very average year. I think 2018 needs to be a very improved year for him. If he has another year like this year then I think he won't be worth re-signing. Time his potential is reached or give him the boot.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    On LG - He has had one breakout year and one very average year. I think 2018 needs to be a very improved year for him. If he has another year like this year then I think he won't be worth re-signing. Time his potential is reached or give him the boot.
    I agree. He either performs or he's dropped until he is ready. Taking up a key position in 1st grade waiting for him to show he is capable is not the way to be competitive across a season.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Pearce the target, Elgey the backup

They missed out on Matt Moylan, and may do the same with Mitchell Pearce.

Now Manly have set their sights on a new playmaker for next season to partner Daly Cherry-Evans - boom Titans youngster Kane Elgey.

With Ash Taylor signing a long-term deal on the Gold Coast and new coach Garth Brennan looking to play veteran Jarryd Hayne at five-eighth, Elgey shapes as the odd man out.

The youngster is assessing his options - and Manly shape as the perfect fit.

The Sea Eagles are happy to release veteran Blake Green to the Warriors - giving them room in the salary cap to pick up a new playmaker.

Don’t be surprised if they begin formal talks with Elgey soon.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leagu...1i1auy/slide/1

- - - Updated - - -

Probably usual Lurker BS
    Looks like it was, as they have signed Lachlan Croker instead.