Page 49 of 165 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 149 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I was very surprised to see the quotes attributed to the coach. Like you, I would have thought that this early in the season it would have been behind closed doors but I'll back Brennan all the way. I'm sick of this hugging players crap - Ash is one of the top 6 or so players pay wise in the comp now and he needs to earn it.
    Neil Henry wasn’t a player hugger MT. I’m a bit disappointed that he spoke to Badel. Badel should be blacklisted until he behaves like a Journo. The CM don’t give a toss about the GC, they are all about the Drongoes and Lions.
    He should only talk to designated GC Bulletin reporters like Emma Greenwood.
    Badel is as bigger an enemy to us as is the Sutton Brothers and that other grub Badger.

I complete agree Bodsie. Creating a siege mentality by supporting local media is a no-brainer.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Neil Henry wasn’t a player hugger MT.
    Actually mate I didn't say that Henry was a hugger. I was referring to the general trend among many coaches that follow this softly softly approach with players rather than giving them a rev up when needed.

Re your comments about journos. We need to be careful by blacklisting any as the circulation of the Bulletin on the Coast is not that great. Plenty read the Tele and Courier Mail in preference. In fact I have noticed the Bulletin of late is overdoing their coverage of local sport that only players and their families give a sh1t about. The other day they had more on the Kookaburra Cup cricket than the T20 match that Aust was playing that night. Same with many sports recently that have a who cares factor.
    This world famous triathlon held here over the weekend did not get one sentence in the Tele today. But I digress. My point is that we can hardly afford to block any journo. As for Badel and Co they'll soon be spending time white anting the expected new Brisbane team to protect the beloved Broncos, than worrying about us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Neil Henry wasn’t a player hugger MT. I’m a bit disappointed that he spoke to Badel. Badel should be blacklisted until he behaves like a Journo. The CM don’t give a toss about the GC, they are all about the Drongoes and Lions.
    He should only talk to designated GC Bulletin reporters like Emma Greenwood.
    Badel is as bigger an enemy to us as is the Sutton Brothers and that other grub Badger.
    I'm not sure he did talk to Badel. From what I could gather the quotes are from the press conference where reporters asked questions.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    I'm not sure he did talk to Badel. From what I could gather the quotes are from the press conference where reporters asked questions.
    Hi OZY
    Yeah I’m not 100% sure. There’s an Audio of the interview on the website. To me it sounds like a 1 on 1 with the Drongoes Head of Propaganda Badel,however, I could very well be wrong.
    I so wish I could run into Badel in a situation where it would be appropriate to let him know what I think of his work.

Peachey confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Titansborn'n'bred View Post
    Peachey confirmed
    They say from 2019 -do we think it will be sooner?

I get the impression he’s already tried for an earlier release which panthers weren’t prepared to do before end of this year. Brennan was quoted as saying he did t want to push things and upset the Apple cart with Phil Gould. If Anthony Griffin is pushed out soon and new coach comes in anything is possible though

Sorry Bodsy, it's your fav reporter....

Tyrone Peachey agrees to join Gold Coast on three-year deal from 2019
    Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail
    February 28, 2018 4:38pm
    Subscriber only
    THE Titans have got their man with Penrith utility Tyrone Peachey agreeing to a three-year deal worth $1.5 million.

New Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan has continued his plunder of Penrith’s ranks, with Peachey becoming the fourth Panther to seek a new chapter on the glitter strip.

The 26-year-old, one of the code’s most versatile players, will be at the Titans from 2019, joining former Panthers teammates Bryce Cartwright, Leilani Latu and Mitch Rein.

After months of innuendo surrounding a possible move, Penrith hierarchy have agreed to Peachey’s request to seek a more attractive deal under the NRL’s salary cap rules.

Peachey will link up with a host of former Panthers.
    The Titans will formally announce Peachey’s signing within the week, with Penrith and the Gold Coast in the final stages of issuing paperwork to the NRL.

Penrith coach Anthony Griffin was keen to secure Peachey to an extended deal but will not stand in the way of the NSW City Origin representative continuing his career at the Titans.

The signing of Peachey is a handy one for the Titans. Brennan is keen to add depth to his roster and few players can match Peachey’s ability to play second row, lock, five-eighth and hooker.

But Peachey appears destined for a centre slot at the Titans, with Brennan believing the Penrith interchange supersub warrants a regular berth as a starting player in the NRL.

Peachey is expected to slot it at centre for Gold Coast.
    Brennan last month confirmed he was targeting Peachey and was hopeful of snaring him after the 92-game NRL veteran toured the Titans’ facilities.

“I’ve made no secret I’m a Tyrone Peachey fan and I’d love to have him up here,” Brennan said.

“It’s certainly not for 2018, it’s for beyond, but that’s up to Penrith and his management to make the decision on whether they want to let him go.”

If we can regain our toughness from our early years, that grinding, never beat ourselves mentality that was also present in 2016 and first half of 2017 and add it to the attacking ability that Ash, Kane, Carty, Peachey, Koni have we could be a good fottball team.

Our size worries me a bit, but Boyle and Latu are big boys - so Wallace, Hipgrave, Arrow, James etc have to play super tough to nullify our size disadvantage when we play the top teams and their monsters.

Inactive User

JB-I Bet Badel wrote that good news story through snarly gritted teeth.

Will Peachey go ok at centre or should we be looking at him for some other position?
    Psmitty

Left centre for the Peach, please Mr Brennan.

Yep, I second that motion Titanic and Copley to wing is logical.
    Gee the Peach brings some very needed versatility to the 17 as well.

That left wing worries me a lot right now. Twice I’ve tried to start a discussion around Brimson being blooded there, any takers. Other clubs blood their players on the wing such as fullbacks, half’s and centers so why don’t we?