Page 44 of 165 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 94 144 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Tyrone Peachey expected to sign with the Gold Coast Titans in the next fortnight

TITANS coach Garth Brennan’s plundering of Penrith is set to continue with clever utility Tyrone Peachey to sign with the Gold Coast within a fortnight.

Peachey will become the latest Panthers player to leave the foot of the Blue Mountains with a one-way ticket to the Gold Coast.

NSW Origin aspirant Bryce Cartwright is expected to train with his Titans teammates for the first time on Friday, joining fellow former Panthers Mitch Rein and Leilani Latu, who have all moved to the Gold Coast since Brennan was appointed coach.

Brennan spent six years at Penrith, guiding the Panthers to under-20s and reserve grade titles before securing his first NRL head coaching gig at the Titans as Neil Henry’s successor.

The steady flow of Panthers players to the Gold Coast has not been a coincidence, with Brennan targeting those he believes could thrive at the Titans.

Peachey has spent the last four seasons with Penrith.
    The alternative school of thought is that Panthers boss Phil Gould has found a club to easily offload the players he no longer requires.

Either way, more Panthers products are destined for the Gold Coast and Brennan said his relationship with Gould had not been tested.

“I’ve made it known publicly the respect I have for Gus and the Penrith Panthers,” Brennan said.

“I spent six years trying to build that club up, the last thing I’m going to do is go and tear it apart.

“Everything I’ve done has been upfront with the Penrith Panthers and Gus. He’s been fully aware. I’ve kept him up to speed with everything I’ve looked at doing.

“I certainly wouldn’t go creating an enemy with Phil Gould, that’s for sure.”

HALVES: Blues spots there for the taking

PRE-SEASON: Every club, every trial

Peachey, 26, is seeking a release from the final year of his contract, allowing him to play for the Titans from 2019.

Brennan said the deal was not yet finalised and it was unlikely Peachey would arrive on the Gold Coast this season.

“It’s not over the line,” he said.

“We’ve spoken with his management and I’ve spoken with Tyrone. It’s now up to whether he wants to come and Penrith are in a position where they still want to let him go.

“The ball’s in their court. It’s really out of our control now.

“It’s certainly not for 2018. I am fully aware that Penrith are not in a position to let him go for 2018 at this point. We’re looking more at the future years for 2019 and beyond.”

Peachey has spent his 92-game NRL career playing a variety of positions for the Panthers, featuring in the halves, centres and forward pack.

The lure of a permanent spot has drawn Peachey to the Titans.
    But the lure of a permanent starting spot on the Gold Coast was attractive for Peachey, according to his manager Sam Ayoub.

“There is no deal done yet but I’m hopeful something will be finalised in the next fortnight,” he said.

“Tyrone won’t be at the Titans this season. If it is to happen, it won’t happen until 2019.

“I wouldn’t move a player on immediately unless the club wanted him out and in this case, Penrith don’t want to force Tyrone out.

“There is a mutual agreement for Tyrone to secure a permanent starting spot and secure a deal that is more worthy of his value.

“We have a good faith arrangement in place with Penrith and Garth Brennan and that’s what we are working towards.

“Garth sees Tyrone as a starting player and Tyrone is ready to take the next step in that regard.”

Low Life Enemy Scum Bucket Badel is back from holidays and co-wrote this with Meyne. If you read it you will see he threw in his attempt at undermining the club in this article.
    The Club needs to stop being doormats and refuse to deal with Badel.

So here it is, the first inkling that the shoe is on the other foot and we all worry about ‘poaching’ or ‘other clubs’ feelings or ‘pushing players out of the team’. Not me!

We have never had enough depth and now that we have a little then I want our squad to man-up and compete. If they only came for a guaranteed start then too bad baby, suck it up.

My only concern is too many Panthers but not much. We got quality from them in positions we needed.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Selfishly I’m loving every minute of it..... a breath of fresh air

I'm with you rj62, it's finally great to see the club have some dominos fall their way. You always look at roosters and broncos in the preseason and they always go without a hiccup and secure some big signings year in year out. We still haven't got the squad built up 100% but I feel the foundation is set, now to add the sprinkles.

Storm considering releasing Munster due to off field descretions. He is a Qld lad, be hard to say no to a player of that callibre providing Brennan is confident he could handle his off field antics.

Is that true? Surely not ... wouldn’t matter if he is Charles Manson I’d grab him in a flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Titansborn'n'bred View Post
    Storm considering releasing Munster due to off field descretions. He is a Qld lad, be hard to say no to a player of that callibre providing Brennan is confident he could handle his off field antics.
    I'm pretty sure the Broncos can easily fit him under the cap.
    Psmitty

Donkies will always fit anyone under their cap. He’d be on 85k a year plus TPP there. Dare to dream though, we’re in need of a fullback for 2019 (assuming Gordon shifts to wing, aged 35) and there’s not too many options coming off contract other than Cootes. Broncs would be a good chance of signing him but they’d have to play him at centre with Boyd there and Bird already on decent $s at centre/back-up fullback

Runour has already been quashed by Storm
    Last edited by Titansborn'n'bred; 07-02-18 at 12:51 PM.

Inactive User

Dennis Watt, the Owners and Calamity Annesley need to get their heads on our behalf into the TPP game.

First Grader

Need people willing to donate substantial amounts of money for that too happen, which will be hard until we have some consistent onfield success.

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Broncos can easily fit him under the cap.
    i know mate it eats me to bits the way they cherish there pride of they deserve it.
    its always a good sign when broncos mates (only work would never friend a bronco unknowingly) are sending me stupid texts after a few poachings from panthers , get over it i just hope we can sooner or later drag them down to the dirt where they finallyh belong mainly the reporters im sure some of the bronchokes are actuallh good blokes!

- - - Updated - - -

sorry psnmitty had a bottle of red and let loose

Psmitty

Inactive User

I hated it when John Cartwright wasted Greg Bird gifts by playing him on an edge. We never saw the best of Birdy during those years because of John Cartwright.
    Neil Henry got him to play much better footy for us by playing him at lock and giving him less restrictions.

Cartwright at Lock is definitely the best strategy.

Totally agree Bodsie ... I hate that third middle plodder that clubs use ... so boring.

I've changed my stance a little on where Carty should play. I've read some stuff on other forums and apparently he mainly got a bad rep for defence when playing in the halves..but was a lot better reading the play in the back row. So yea, give him a shot at #13 by all means.