Page 43 of 165 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 93 143 ... LastLast

Our pack although not perfect is looking a lot lot better then last year. We may even have some decent depth. Our back are my worries with the second centre and two wingers and elgey all worrying me.
    Psmitty

Inactive User

According to the Bookies we will come 15Th and Wests 16th. So I’m not getting excited and we do have some glaring areas of weakness as well as the horror draw with all the travel. So I’ll just be happy if we consistently have a crack and there are no horrific floggings like we suffered last year far too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    According to the Bookies we will come 15Th and Wests 16th. So I’m not getting excited and we do have some glaring areas of weakness as well as the horror draw with all the travel. So I’ll just be happy if we consistently have a crack and there are no horrific floggings like we suffered last year far too often.
    Phili Eagles were paying 40/1 to start the year to win the super bowl.....what do they know!!!

Penrith's Tyrone Peachey to join Panthers exodus and join Gold Coast Titans, says The Mole

Peachey to join Panthers exodus

The exodus from Penrith is set to continue - star utility Tyrone Peachey has agreed to a rich three-year deal with the Titans from 2019.

Peachey's exit follows hot on the heels of the shock move of representative forward Bryce Cartwright, also to the Titans over the weekend.

New Titans coach Garth Brennan has now lured the star duo, along with Mitch Rein and Leilani Latu, to the holiday strip from Penrith.

Tyrone Peachey has signed a three year deal with the Gold Coast from 2019.

Peachey isn't a fan of Panthers coach Anthony Griffin and would like an immediate release.

But the Panthers know what a class act he is - and are unlikely to grant the request.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/02/06/...itans-the-mole
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Penrith's Tyrone Peachey to join Panthers exodus and join Gold Coast Titans, says The Mole

Peachey to join Panthers exodus

The exodus from Penrith is set to continue - star utility Tyrone Peachey has agreed to a rich three-year deal with the Titans from 2019.

Peachey's exit follows hot on the heels of the shock move of representative forward Bryce Cartwright, also to the Titans over the weekend.

New Titans coach Garth Brennan has now lured the star duo, along with Mitch Rein and Leilani Latu, to the holiday strip from Penrith.

Tyrone Peachey has signed a three year deal with the Gold Coast from 2019.

Peachey isn't a fan of Panthers coach Anthony Griffin and would like an immediate release.

But the Panthers know what a class act he is - and are unlikely to grant the request.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/02/06/...itans-the-mole
    Will be hard for Griffin/Gould not to release him early with a public statement like that. Peach =2018 Titan

There's also talk of Nathan Cleary wanting out too (not sure how much substance there is to it). I think I'll change my ladder prediction.

I don't know how I feel about all this. Should I feel bad that we're poaching these guys from Penrith? Is our coach coming off as a bit of a snake in the grass by exploiting his old club like this? It feels like the Eels salary cap drama all over again, playing off the misfortune of another club. I dunno.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 06-02-18 at 01:45 PM.

If the Pennies didn't want these people to go they could have made life very difficult or costly.

I'd be guessing, but this may also be part of the reason he got the job in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    Will be hard for Griffin/Gould not to release him early with a public statement like that. Peach =2018 Titan
    A public statement made by the Mole

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    A public statement made by the Mole
    I know, I know.

I would still imagine that would be read by Gould/Griffin....cant be good for the relationship between the pair, especially if he is on his way here for 2019 anyway (hopefully 2018)

Most of the players there arent a fan of griffin and even jaime soward said on twitter that most of the pnerith boys love garth to pieces. Hes clearly a popular man with his players.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I don't know how I feel about all this. Should I feel bad that we're poaching these guys from Penrith? Is our coach coming off as a bit of a snake in the grass by exploiting his old club like this? It feels like the Eels salary cap drama all over again, playing off the misfortune of another club. I dunno.
    These blokes wouldn't be leaving if they were happy.

Whenever you think the Titans are living off another clubs misfortune just think of the DCE situation and how the Titans were screwed over then. That should fix any guilt.

Inactive User

I could well be wrong and correct me if I am.
    Latu we got because Penrith needed to be cap compliant
    Cartwright we got as a compassionate release to get him out of Sydney
    And if we get Peachey well that will be more of a regular old fashioned poaching of a player

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&s...mXX0hwFp1FU2bc

Anyone got access to this article

- - - Updated - - -

Courier Mail

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    These blokes wouldn't be leaving if they were happy.

Whenever you think the Titans are living off another clubs misfortune just think of the DCE situation and how the Titans were screwed over then. That should fix any guilt.
    Guilt -Nil

Irrespective of what or who we get.