Page 4 of 165 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...24-gz71vs.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Just a reminder that the likes of LG/Brimson/Lawton are local juniors
    Have a nice day
    As is Elliot whom you found "underwhelming". Are you suggesting I/we back local juniors regardless of talent or ability to stay on the field or am I way off what you're trying to say?

It will be interesting to see how they use Rein. Will he be on the bench to cover Peats or will they treat peats as an 80 minute player, which I think he is, and just play Rein in QCup awaiting an injury to Peats. Not sure that I want Rein taking up a bench spot and unless I'm wrong Penrith didn't have him on the bench. Is he versatile enough to cover other spots or is he a hooker only.
    Will be interesting to watch.

As for local juniors, if they are good enough they make it. Based on the NYC results over recent years there isn't much there other than a few diamonds.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...24-gz71vs.html

- - - Updated - - -

As is Elliot whom you found "underwhelming". Are you suggesting I/we back local juniors regardless of talent or ability to stay on the field or am I way off what you're trying to say?
    Elliot cashed in his chips by leaving. I’m saying we positively discriminate in favour of our juniors and we look after them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    It will be interesting to see how they use Rein. Will he be on the bench to cover Peats or will they treat peats as an 80 minute player, which I think he is, and just play Rein in QCup awaiting an injury to Peats. Not sure that I want Rein taking up a bench spot and unless I'm wrong Penrith didn't have him on the bench. Is he versatile enough to cover other spots or is he a hooker only.
    Will be interesting to watch.

As for local juniors, if they are good enough they make it. Based on the NYC results over recent years there isn't much there other than a few diamonds.
    Many of our best local juniors have never played a game of NYC for the GC. We need to stop them getting poached at age 15-16.

This is more directed at mdrew who I have noticed is the main man on junior talent. I have heard that we’ve signed an u20s Roosters player, Kiah Cooper. Any information you got on him. Also not sure if there is a different thread for this still?

Immortal

A try scoring fullback or centre mate will start with either Tweed or Burleigh. He has a great try scoring record in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by TitanPremiership View Post
    This is more directed at mdrew who I have noticed is the main man on junior talent. I have heard that we’ve signed an u20s Roosters player, Kiah Cooper. Any information you got on him. Also not sure if there is a different thread for this still?

I think now that Taylor has extended then we should only refer to him as a loyal Titan. Money or not he’s ours and we should respect that.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Elliot cashed in his chips by leaving. I’m saying we positively discriminate in favour of our juniors and we look after them.

- - - Updated - - -

Many of our best local juniors have never played a game of NYC for the GC. We need to stop them getting poached at age 15-16.
    So how do we tell if they cashed in their chips or were poached?

Just asking before the thumbs come back.

Immortal

Kiah Cooper is Ash Taylors cousin I believe and was at the training facility today

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    So how do we tell if they cashed in their chips or were poached?

Just asking before the thumbs come back.
    They are two separate acts by different parties......
    The opposition club does the poaching
    The kid who leaves by doing so cashed in their chips

Catchcry of the new revolution....”no more thumbs”

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Kiah Cooper is Ash Taylors cousin I believe and was at the training facility today
    Where is he from mate ? Just tried to look him up. Is he the guy that went to the Roostaers for abit. ?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    I see on one of the FB Titans Supporter Pages there is a picture of him with Ash and Brennan. He is wearing a Titans shirt. Looks like he’s signed with us. Looks a fair Centre for his age. There was a link to a YouTube segment on him as well.

Leigh Centurions have confirmed the signing of Paterika Vaivai on a two-year contract to November 2019.

The 25-year-old Prop Forward joins the Centurions from Gold Coast Titans in the NRL.

Leigh Centurions Head Coach Neil Jukes said: “Paterika is an outstanding signing for our Club. He is an unbelievably powerful player and his explosive, direct running style will be really instrumental for our team next year.

“I have no doubt whatsoever that the Leigh Centurions fans are going to really enjoy watching Paterika play for our Club and showcasing his ability.

“From speaking to him it is clear that Paterika is a highly motivated player who is really looking forward to coming here and playing his best footy and the Coaching Staff will 100 percent support him in that objective.

“Again, I’d like to thank (Head Of Rugby) Keiron (Cunningham) for all the work he has done getting this one over the line. We have no doubt that Paterika is going to be a huge fans’ favourite.”

Leigh Centurions Owner Derek Beaumont said: “I am really excited by this signing and have been since Kez (Keiron Cunningham) mentioned him to me.

“The biggest statement this club made when I got back involved was signing a man that good they named him twice, and he was a massive asset to this club and a fans’ favourite.

“I hope that the fans get the same excitement from Patty, especially given he is at the early part of his career and has lots in front of him. I can’t wait to see him get going for us.”

https://www.zerotackle.com/leigh-cen...forward-30015/

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Leigh Centurions have confirmed the signing of Paterika Vaivai on a two-year contract to November 2019.

The 25-year-old Prop Forward joins the Centurions from Gold Coast Titans in the NRL.

Leigh Centurions Head Coach Neil Jukes said: “Paterika is an outstanding signing for our Club. He is an unbelievably powerful player and his explosive, direct running style will be really instrumental for our team next year.

“I have no doubt whatsoever that the Leigh Centurions fans are going to really enjoy watching Paterika play for our Club and showcasing his ability.

“From speaking to him it is clear that Paterika is a highly motivated player who is really looking forward to coming here and playing his best footy and the Coaching Staff will 100 percent support him in that objective.

“Again, I’d like to thank (Head Of Rugby) Keiron (Cunningham) for all the work he has done getting this one over the line. We have no doubt that Paterika is going to be a huge fans’ favourite.”

Leigh Centurions Owner Derek Beaumont said: “I am really excited by this signing and have been since Kez (Keiron Cunningham) mentioned him to me.

“The biggest statement this club made when I got back involved was signing a man that good they named him twice, and he was a massive asset to this club and a fans’ favourite.

“I hope that the fans get the same excitement from Patty, especially given he is at the early part of his career and has lots in front of him. I can’t wait to see him get going for us.”

https://www.zerotackle.com/leigh-cen...forward-30015/
    dead weight.

Immortal

Kiah Cooper.* The former Sydney Roosters fullback/centre has signed with the Titans for the 2018 season after two outstanding seasons in the NYC for the Roosters including starting at fullback in their NYC Grand Final winning side against the Penrith Panthers in 2016.

In the 2017 NYC competition Kiah Cooper played in twenty three matches for the Roosters starting in all twenty three contests.* For the first twenty matches Kiah Cooper alternated between fullback and centre starting ten matches in each position and started on the wing in the final three rounds.* In twenty two of his matches Kiah Cooper played the entire 80 minutes, playing 54 minutes in the other match. Kiah Cooper also scored nine tries including a double against the Titans in Round Twenty Six.

Kiah Cooper’s other seven tries came against the Rabbitohs in Round Four, Sea Eagles in Round Five, Knights in Round Seven, Round Eleven against the Bulldogs, Round Sixteen against the Storm, Round Seventeen against the Sharks and finally in Round Twenty against the Newcastle Knights.

Kiah Coopers totals in 2017 included running for 1 958 metres from 196 carries, nine line breaks, seven try assists, nine off loads and 87 tackles however he was also credited with 45 missed tackles thus he had a tackling efficiency of 66%. His per game totals included 85 running metres from 8.5 carries and four tackles.

On six occasions Kiah Cooper ran for more than 100 metres including in Round Twenty against the Newcastle knights when he ran for 151 metres.* Defensively Kiah Coopers “best” match was against the Parramatta Eels in Round Ten when he made ten tackles.

In 2016 Kiah Cooper played in twenty seven matches including the finals series playing all 80 minutes in every match, scoring thirteen tries including a double against the Dragons in Round Eight.* Over the course of the 2016 NYC season, Kiah Cooper ran for 2 514 metres from 272 carries, made eleven line breaks, twelve try assists ten off loads and made 75 tackles.

Kiah Coopers 2016 per game averages included carry the ball ten times for 93 metres and making three tackles.* On eight occasions Kiah Cooper ran for more than 100 metres including twice running for 160 metres with those games being in Round Nine against the Newcastle Knights and the Roosters first 2016 final against the Canberra Raiders.

The table below compares Kiah Cooper’s 2016 and 2017 NYC per game averages.

2016 2017

Games played 27 23

Minutes per game 80 78

Runs per game 10 8.5

Metres made per game 93 85

Tackles per game 3 4

Kiah Cooper moved to the Sydney Roosters at the end of the 2015 season where he played in the SG Ball competition with the Central Coast Centurions and played for Newcastle Wests in the Newcastle U19 competition finishing as the second leading try scorer with ten tries from eleven matches. Kiah Cooper also kicked thirteen goals to finish with 66 points on the season.* Kiah Cooper scored a hat trick against Kurri Kurri and a double the week prior against Lakes United.

In 2015 Kiah Cooper was a star with Hunter Sports High going on to represent New South Wales Combined High Schools at the ASSRL U18 championships that year as well as touring New Zealand with the NSWCHS squad and in 2013 Kiah Cooper toured France with the New South Wales Indigenous U16 squad.

The powerfully built young man has a variety of attacking moves that he utilises depending on where he is positioned on the field.* It is interesting that when he is lining up at left centre his primarily attacking move is to run an outside shoulder route and just prior to contacting the defensive line Kiah Cooper will step off his left foot to cut back inside the left shoulder of his direct opponent, he scored from this on a number of occasions last season in the NYC.* Kiah Cooper gets the defenders momentum moving to their right and then cuts back before the defender has time to adjust and redirect their momentum.

When he is lining up at right centre Kiah Cooper seemingly runs a straighter line more often than not and looks to get on the outside shoulder of his immediate defender after slowing or halting the defenders momentum by running directly at him. When he has played at fullback Kiah Cooper is constantly around the centre of the ruck looking to either snipe out of dummy half himself or benefit from an off load. In the instances when he runs from dummy half the majority of the time Kiah Cooper runs to his left and then looks to cut back behind the play the ball into open space.

When he is open space Kiah Cooper is able to step off either foot but seems to prefer stepping off his right foot.* In addition to a very good step, Kiah Cooper has a powerful fend and usually with his right hand.* He starts off with a bent arm looking to absorb the contact and then extends his arm out with explosive power to “shock” the defender.* A number of fullbacks in the NYC over the last two seasons were knocked back in this fashion.

In relation to Kiah Cooper’s speed, it is probably in the above category but his speed off the mark is elite and he can maintain his top speed over an extended distance.* Kiah Cooper does not necessarily score a lot of long range tries as he starts to progressively work through his support options as soon as he breaks into open space, but he is incredibly difficult to combat in his attacking twenty as he is often able to maintain his momentum through the initial defensive contact and keep defenders away from his body with his strength and fend and regularly drag defenders over the line from ten metres out.

In his games on the wing, Kiah Coopers best attribute is that his maintains his line and stays out wide meaning that his inside play makers have confidence to either throw the cut out pass after a back line move or when they attack on a short blind side.

Defensively Kiah Cooper’s strength and body control are his best attributes.* When defending in the centres Kiah Cooper twists his body towards the side line so that his momentum does not stall and he can defend against an opposing player whether they cut back inside or try to beat him on the outside.* This defensive technique can cause issues when an attacker looks to run directly at him but Kiah Cooper’s natural functional strength mitigates this potential issue significantly.* When defending at fullback Kiah Cooper pushes forward to eliminate as much time that the attacker has as possible to make his decision in relation to the options available to them as Kiah Cooper converges.

Kiah Cooper is related to Ashley Taylor and was on hand at the Titans training facility when Ashley Taylor signed his new four year contract yesterday.* I would anticipate that Kiah Cooper who will obviously train with the Titans NRL squad in the off season will start out in the QCup likely with the Tweed Heads Seagulls prior to pushing for a possible NRL spot later in the season as he adjusts to the rigours of the NRL.

Over his two seasons in the NYC with the Sydney Roosters, Kiah Cooper played primarily in the centres or at fullback but did play a couple of matches in 2017 on the right wing, specifically the final three regular season rounds.* Whilst I anticipate that Kiah Cooper will break into the QCup and potentially the NRL on the wing, I believe that with his solid build deceptive speed and powerful fend, Kiah Cooper will ultimately find himself in the centres in the long term.

Even though Kiah Cooper has a slightly different build to the Roosters centre Latrell Mitchell in that he is stockier and a touch shorter, they have a similar playing style in terms of deceptive speed and a powerful fend making them difficult to stop one on one especially inside the attacking 20 metre area

Sounds like a real talent that Brennan can hopefully nurture into a regular first grade player.