Page 36 of 165 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 86 136 ... LastLast

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/01/18/...-coast-titans/

Sorry guys on my mobile, so can't post up whole article but in summary we have offered Tyrone Peachey $1.6m for 3yrs from 2019. Panthers hinting they won't release him early (probs a negotiation tactic).

First Grader

I dare say they'll want money or a player transfer their way. 533k a year I think is fair for a player of his ability. Providing he doesn't get injured and with a solid run of games he could be anything.

Supposedly he was a fan favourite down in penrith, great pickup.

I'm not sure if the early release denial is for this year or next. Why would Penrith give him permission to talk to other clubs for 2019 only to deny an early release. The article talks of the June 30 deadline so I'm thinking it has to do with being released to us for this year. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

First Grader

They're saying they won't release him this year. They want him off the books come 2019 to help upgrade clearlys contract. As far as I'm aware

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    They're saying they won't release him this year. They want him off the books come 2019 to help upgrade clearlys contract. As far as I'm aware
    It isn't a case of them wanting him off the books to re-sign anyone...that's just what the Penrith supporters are trying to tell themselves to justify a player who clearly wants out. Has been seeking a release for months

Its a case of Peachey not wanting to be there. A lot of unrest at that club, coach isn't well liked

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    It isn't a case of them wanting him off the books to re-sign anyone...that's just what the Penrith supporters are trying to tell themselves to justify a player who clearly wants out. Has been seeking a release for months

Its a case of Peachey not wanting to be there. A lot of unrest at that club, coach isn't well liked
    Didn't the same thing happen when he coached the Broncos?

He is nothing but Gould’s yes man.

He would make a huge difference on that left edge.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

He is a terrible defender though.

Inactive User

mdrew/HS/anyone that has any info-what sort of future does Tony Matautia have??

Immortal

Should break into QCup this season in the backrow mate, heavy hitter in defence with a low centre of gravity and decent late footwork in attack with some leadership qualities

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    mdrew/HS/anyone that has any info-what sort of future does Tony Matautia have??

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Should break into QCup this season in the backrow mate, heavy hitter in defence with a low centre of gravity and decent late footwork in attack with some leadership qualities
    Thanks mdrew

Email from club.

The TFH Gold Coast Titans is pleased to announce the appointment of Phil Moss to the role of Head of Football.

Moss joins the Titans from the Cronulla Sharks where he held the role of Head of Football for the past 12 months. Prior to his time with the Sharks, Moss spent time in similar roles at the Wests Tigers, Penrith Panthers and the Parramatta Eels.

With over 12 years’ experience, Moss is a valuable asset for the Titans in the build up to the clubs 2018 campaign.

“With new owners, new coach and an exciting roster, it’s a great time to be joining the Titans,” Moss said.

“I’ve worked previously with Garth Brennan and it’ll be great to renew that relationship.

“I’ve been involved with a few clubs that have gone through a re-building phase and I’m excited about the opportunity at the Titans.”

CEO Graham Annesley is delighted to have someone of the calibre of Moss join the club.

“Phil has been around the game for a long time and has a wealth of experience,” Annesley said.

“He will oversee all aspects of our football operations and work closely with Head Coach, Garth Brennan, on strategic recruitment and retention as we continue to strengthen our roster.

“We are all very excited about the coming season, and the addition of Phil will only enhance our prospects of future success.”

Moss will commence his role at the TFH Gold Coast Titans on Monday, 5 February.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

PEACHEY’S TITANS TRIP

Tyrone Peachey’s deal with Gold Coast is almost done, with the Penrith utility set to fly up to meet with Titans coach Garth Brennan this weekend.

“There’s a trip scheduled for Saturday,” Fox Sports NRL reporter Nathan Ryan told Fox Sports News.

“He’ll go up to the Gold Coast with his family to tour the facilities and meet with Garth Brennan.

Tyrone Peachey of the Panthers.
    Tyrone Peachey of the Panthers.Source: Getty Images
    “They have tabled Peachey a three-year deal starting in 2019, it’s worth almost $1.5 million.

“It’s a lucrative deal on the table for the Penrith utility should be move to the Gold Coast.

“As I understand it, the Panthers won’t release him for 2018, but will grant him a release for 2019.

“We’ll have a lot more clarity over the weekend after that meeting takes place, but if I’m a betting man, I’m going all in on Tyrone Peachey heading to the Titans.”

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-media-watch-rabbitohs-reach-out-to-matty-johns-titans-snare-sharks-staffer/news-story/414b30e8b7669338bad1619f00751fcf

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Email from club.

The TFH Gold Coast Titans is pleased to announce the appointment of Phil Moss to the role of Head of Football.

Moss joins the Titans from the Cronulla Sharks where he held the role of Head of Football for the past 12 months. Prior to his time with the Sharks, Moss spent time in similar roles at the Wests Tigers, Penrith Panthers and the Parramatta Eels.

With over 12 years’ experience, Moss is a valuable asset for the Titans in the build up to the clubs 2018 campaign.

“With new owners, new coach and an exciting roster, it’s a great time to be joining the Titans,” Moss said.

“I’ve worked previously with Garth Brennan and it’ll be great to renew that relationship.

“I’ve been involved with a few clubs that have gone through a re-building phase and I’m excited about the opportunity at the Titans.”

CEO Graham Annesley is delighted to have someone of the calibre of Moss join the club.

“Phil has been around the game for a long time and has a wealth of experience,” Annesley said.

“He will oversee all aspects of our football operations and work closely with Head Coach, Garth Brennan, on strategic recruitment and retention as we continue to strengthen our roster.

“We are all very excited about the coming season, and the addition of Phil will only enhance our prospects of future success.”

Moss will commence his role at the TFH Gold Coast Titans on Monday, 5 February.
    Anyone know how he is perceived in the nrl community and what type of culture he will likely instill, I don't know much about him.

It seems that penrith, parra, tigers and cronulla don't have most professional cultures but they have made some astute player signings over the years (except for tigers).

I can't continue to ignore the Penriff feel we are starting to acquire. A guy like Moss has experience for sure but how much stability. If you were recruiting key personnel wouldn't being able to hold a job be one of the criteria?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.