Page 28 of 165 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 78 128 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

it doesn’t make sense for the balance of our squad to take Cullen unfortunately. I agree that if we are going to take a Manly cast off it should be BKelly.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 12-12-17 at 11:55 AM.

Warriors and Robins chase Sarginson

Matthew Shaw
    By Matthew Shaw
    December 11, 2017 11:18
    Warriors and Robins chase Sarginson

Wigan Warriors and Hull Kingston Rovers have been linked with a move for England international Dan Sarginson.

League Express reports that the versatile back is in talks with the two clubs over a possible return to Super League.

The 24-year-old joined NRL side Gold Coast Titans from Wigan last year but made just five appearances and found himself caught up in off-field issues.

It’s claimed that the Titans have granted him a release from his contract and the two Super League clubs are in the race to land his services next year.

https://www.totalrl.com/warriors-rob...ase-sarginson/
    Psmitty

Email from the Titans.

Gold Coast can confirm the signing of Michael Gordon who will join the club today for his first day as a Titan.

The Tweed junior has played 225 NRL games since debuting back in 2006 for the Penrith Panthers and will be looking to make the fullback position his own in 2018.

Gordon arrives on the Gold Coast from the Sydney Roosters on a two-year deal, with the 34-year-old excited about the opportunity to play at the Titans.

“I’m excited about the opportunity to return home and to play for the Titans,” Gordon said.

“I had a good conversation with Garth and the future looks bright.

“I hope I can contribute and be part of a successful club here on the Gold Coast.”

Head Coach Garth Brennan is pleased he has been able to bolster his squad with such an experienced player.

“Michael is a player that everyone loves playing with and is the ultimate professional in every aspect of the game,” Brennan said.

“We have a number of young players in the squad and Michael will help them with their development as well as be a leader amongst the group.”

“His experience as well as his ability as a goal kicker will make him a valuable commodity here at the Titans.”
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

^^^ yeah Micky G. I’m assuming Brennan has more outside backs coming if he’s showing Sarginson the door.

No to all Manly cast-offs….
    Let them suffer in their jocks!

And Mead off overseas - thought I read somewhere he was happy up the M1

Good luck to him though. Would have preferred him back here

Shame to see him go OS. I thought he knocked that option on the head when he went up the highway. Hope everything goes well for he and his family.

He was happy at bronx but he'll be even more happier in france getting paid really good dosh even 2 yrs after he retires. Man of steel here he comes
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I was also under the impression he was supposedly happy at the Donkeys but alas not so, then again who could be. I have been told by many people that things are not what they appear up the M1 and it's a shame he could not have gone out a Titan. Was always one of my favs. Good luck to him and his family.

Good luck to Mead and pleased he signed with a club I follow.

I think Michael Gordon is a great signing. He is the type of bloke that fits my view of our club's culture. Also it is always a good sign to see the fans of the club he is departing in a state of sadness and mourning to see him leave. Lots of great character references among all that.

Some video here on what he has to say: https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/l...be-home!656177
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Gold Coast Titans send Dan Sarginson on his way after troubled NRL season
    http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/

DAN Sarginson’s troubled tenure on the Gold Coast is officially over.

Sarginson joined the Titans this year with almost marquee status as an English international who could finally solve the club’s long-held search for a star centre.

He lasted just five games.

The 24-year-old had another year to run on his contract – plus a further one-year option in the club’s favour – but will now be forced to reboot his career in the English Super League after a blunt conversation with Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan.

“One thing I am is honest and I was upfront with Dan and said the way things are at the moment, he might struggle to crack into our NRL squad,” Brennan said.

“There was an English club that showed interest in him, which is beyond 2018, which I wasn’t willing to extend at this point and I don’t want to stand in the kid’s way.”

Sarginson became a target for home and away crowds as he battled to compete at NRL level, producing handling and defensive errors before suffering a season-ending shoulder injury.

He further blotted his copybook when he found himself in court over an alleged incident with a bouncer in Burleigh Heads in June. Sarginson was later acquitted.

Regardless, with his on-field reputation in tatters, he has been linked to English clubs Wigan and Hull KR.

In other Titans news, forward Will Matthews joined players at Greenmount Beach yesterday. He is expected to form part of Gold Coast’s top 30 roster after leaving Widnes.

Brennan confirmed he was not done yet on the recruiting front either.

“We still have a number of spots to fill,” he said.

“We’re looking to see what is out there and what happens. But if nothing pops out that excites us and we think is going to be good for the Titans going forward then we will just stay as we are and keep working on those young guys.”
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Sarginson never impressed - glad to see the back of him

Beautiful! Isn't he on about $400k-$500k?

Means we can go hard for a really good left winger or centre.

I still want Marika Koroibete, don't know if any one else watches Rugby 7's but someone like Seabelo Senatla would kill it on the wing in league.

Don't know who else could be potentially available for next season, Brian Kelly (Manly salary cap issues), Curtis Rona, BJ Leilua, I hear Jennings and Hoffman are on the outer. Out of these players my pick would be Brian Kelly, but with the free cap space we have, surely we can go a more marquee signing.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Beautiful! Isn't he on about $400k-$500k?

Means we can go hard for a really good left winger or centre.

I still want Marika Koroibete, don't know if any one else watches Rugby 7's but someone like Seabelo Senatla would kill it on the wing in league.

Don't know who else could be potentially available for next season, Brian Kelly (Manly salary cap issues), Curtis Rona, BJ Leilua, I hear Jennings and Hoffman are on the outer. Out of these players my pick would be Brian Kelly, but with the free cap space we have, surely we can go a more marquee signing.
    Ah, so you are the one that watches Rugby 7's.

Manly do NOT have salary cap issues. They are currently $800k under for next season apparently. The current problem is third party deals in the past so it's likely that a large fine will be heading their way which might effect whether they sign any new players, however no player has to be released unless they want them to go to get better players.

Sure, it appears that Manly might have handled third party deals illegally and they'll (quite rightly) pay for it. But then I think of the number of third party deals up the road which gives them huge advantages and it p1sses me off. But that's a different story and thread which has been done to death.

Certainly don't want Hoffman. Kelly is so so as well but as you say we should have plenty of cash for a quality player if one comes on to the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Ah, so you are the one that watches Rugby 7's.

Manly do NOT have salary cap issues. They are currently $800k under for next season apparently. The current problem is third party deals in the past so it's likely that a large fine will be heading their way which might effect whether they sign any new players, however no player has to be released unless they want them to go to get better players.

Sure, it appears that Manly might have handled third party deals illegally and they'll (quite rightly) pay for it. But then I think of the number of third party deals up the road which gives them huge advantages and it p1sses me off. But that's a different story and thread which has been done to death.

Certainly don't want Hoffman. Kelly is so so as well but as you say we should have plenty of cash for a quality player if one comes on to the market.
    I like the fact that Paul Kent is sticking it to the NRL about third party deals. Apparently they are going to review them after the latest salary cap fiasco.