Page 27 of 165 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 127 ... LastLast

Im very happy about Gordon personally, perfect signing for us atm imo. 250K is nothing for a player of his calibre. Not happy at all with suggestions AJ Brimson could play FB this season. Hasnt even played Qcup let alone significant minutes at the 1 in 20's and simply doesnt have the size or physicality to handle blokes like Taumalolo, Burgess or Bromwich that would be steaming ahead at him. I would say for this season he should play either 14 or 6 if needed.

Will Matthews im fine with, will be dirt cheap and cant hurt to have NRL depth in the middle + GC kid coming home.

not a fan of Cartwright's, couldnt tackle a wet paper bag, super talented offensively though. I guess I wouldnt be furious if we got him but id be happier to wait it out for a better option to arrive. Dont hang around for Crichton it seems hes done at Chooks.

A speedy, metre eating back would be fantastic to balance out Don's lack of impact coming out of our danger zone. I think an experienced prop wouldnt hurt either.

So far im pretty impressed with Garth building a squad that is covered in local produce I think ive calculated that up to 12 of our potential 17 are local boys/Titans 20's.

Immortal

Will Matthews is not a GC junior

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    I doubt that he'll be a Gold Coast senior either.

First Grader

I thought he went to palm beach currumbin?

Do you consider Ryan James a Gold Coast Junior?

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Cartwright free zone please.
    *Rates this comment highly*

Immortal

I do but others will not as he is a Bilambil Jets junior maybe a better description is a local junior, but then again that is only my opinion. In hindsight my initial comment in relation to Will Matthews was poorly drafted thus apologies to all especially to NZ Titan, too many rums not enough common sense

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Do you consider Ryan James a Gold Coast Junior?
    Last edited by mdrew; 09-12-17 at 12:23 AM.

We’re splitting hairs here ... does going to school here constitute being a local e.g. Bunji? I think we should claim them all ... “that’s on the Goldy” cue music
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Scott Sattler reveals Gold Coast Titans could have snared Jared Waerea-Hargreaves’ signature
    http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/

A RECRUITMENT blunder cost the Gold Coast one of the game’s premier front-rowers.

The Titans have a seven-figure war chest available to spend after Jarryd Hayne returned to Parramatta last week. One of the positions they are believed to be in the market for is a prop following the retirement of Brenton Lawrence, also last week.

They may never have had to look elsewhere had it not been for a scouting call gone wrong, inaugural Titans football manager Scott Sattler revealed.

Sattler recalled to the Bulletin his efforts to bring Jared Waerea-Hargreaves to the club way back in 2007.

“It is one of the biggest regrets of the club not signing him as an 18-year-old,” Sattler said.

“A really good mate of mine was his manager years ago when he was 18. He was playing first grade rugby (union) in the Sydney comp and he had tipped me into him.

“I went down to Sydney and watched him play this game and got a couple of DVDs. He was six foot three.”

All the stars appeared to be aligning. There was just one problem – then Gold Coast coach John Cartwright didn’t rate the man now known as JWH.

“I was saying to Carty this kid could be anything mate and Carty goes no I don’t reckon he will make it in league,” Sattler said.

“It was only going to cost us $50,000. He ended up signing with Manly.”

Waerea-Hargreaves, 28, has gone on to play 175 NRL matches – including a premiership for the Roosters in 2013 – and represent New Zealand in 22 Tests, earning a reputation as one of the most fearsome forwards in the game.

Cartwright has often been on the receiving end of banter since the blunder: “I always used to remind him about it and have a bit of a giggle,” Sattler said.

Meanwhile, Titans young gun Phillip Sami has signed a two-year contract extension until the end of 2020.

“It was an easy decision for me, it was just one chat with my manager and I said yes straight away,” Sami said.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I do but others will not as he is a Bilambil Jets junior maybe a better description is a local junior, but then again that is only my opinion. In hindsight my initial comment in relation to Will Matthews was poorly drafted thus apologies to all especially to NZ Titan, too many rums not enough common sense
    No apologies needed at all mdrew, you are one of our forums most valuable members.

I just figure If Matthews grew up in northern NSW, which is our catchment then went to a GC school and played GC 20s, then that is someone we should claim is one of ours... he followed the narrow pathway we have perfectly until he left.

which is beside the fact that I do not like that we have signed him at all. Will be a Q Cup player i imagine. If he is in the 17 then we are in all sorts.

Inactive User

^^^ if you are from the Tweed Shire then surely you are a Local Junior.

According to the Lurker we may get Cullen back.

Cullen likely to return to the glitter strip

Manly are still desperate for a five-eighth and could release former Titan Cameron Cullen to free up more cash for their quest.

Former Australian Schoolboys star Cullen joined the Sea Eagles from the Gold Coast this year with high expectations placed on him.

The 24-year-old looked the goods in his rookie season with the Titans last year but failed to kick on at Manly, playing just a handful of games and making little impact.

The Sea Eagles have set their sights on boom Knights rookie Brock Lamb, but Newcastle coach Nathan Brown has rejected their overtures - although that may change if the two clubs can strike up a deal.

Word is Cullen is returning to live on the Gold Coast and is hopeful of winning a deal with the Titans again.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leagu...7353qj/slide/3

Does anyone know if there's any truth to this?

Also with Manly's salary cap breach, I'd happily welcome back Brian Kelly who'd be an interesting option for FB as well as strengthen our center and wing stocks. Despite his defensive flaws he showed enough talent with the ball in hand imo.

Junior

Surely Hastings would go before Cullen?

Not if Barrett doesn’t rate him.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Cullen isn't really required by us so I hope we're not doing Manly any favours.