Page 19 of 165 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 119 ... LastLast

I don’t rate any of those three particularly. Cordner is damaged, RTS has never recovered from his surgery and Morgan doesn’t wow me either. I think we should stop that sort of speculation and embrace the development model at this stage. 2019 is too far away and we have too many unanswered questions such as ‘can Brennan coach’. I don’t mean that negatively just putting some realism into the debate.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Not sure of his health / knee but what about Greg Inglis ? Has a house in Brisbane offer a 1+1 deal in the clubs favour. Still a profile player ? I say this as a thought but I think that his injury maybe something that could go wrong for the club.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I don’t rate any of those three particularly. Cordner is damaged, RTS has never recovered from his surgery and Morgan doesn’t wow me either. I think we should stop that sort of speculation and embrace the development model at this stage. 2019 is too far away and we have too many unanswered questions such as ‘can Brennan coach’. I don’t mean that negatively just putting some realism into the debate.
    I’m with you again Titanic, let’s let Brennan Coach and develop local juniors and local juniors that want to return. Don’t go blowing the money again on one or two stars.
    When will some people ever learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I’m with you again Titanic, let’s let Brennan Coach and develop local juniors and local juniors that want to return. Don’t go blowing the money again on one or two stars.
    I don't see a problem with blowing the cash on Folau. He left league to pursue a dream of playing another sport. Wanted to come back to league and was offered a deal at Parramatta that was turned down by the NRL so went back to his dream and now we can offer him a massive pay day to come to a team that he has no ties too. What could possibly go wrong?

Sounds good to me. Back on the track before... well.. you know.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I reckon if they worked hard at it we could have a full Gold Coast team of origin within three seasons. Doesn't matter which side of the border (well not much anyway) with a few 'stars' added if needs be. Get that huge horse back from the Broncos and others that we have let slip and it's all good. I'm totally fine with letting other clubs groom them for NRL and then we poach them back.

I reckon if they worked hard at it we could have a full Gold Coast team of origin within three seasons. Doesn't matter which side of the border (well not much anyway) with a few 'stars' added if needs be. Get that huge horse back from the Broncos and others that we have let slip and it's all good. I'm totally fine with letting other clubs groom them for NRL and then we poach them back.
    I'm going to pose this question to everyone else that has a lot more NRL knowledge than I (so everyone really). Isn't this what Penrith have done? Or is there a successful club whereby that system wins premierships, or is the best we can hope for whilst we aren't a rich club is more stability coming from a better fan base?

I'm very sceptical that we will be able to get a Penrith like Junior Nursery. We have to give Brennan a chance but I guess I am sceptical as I remember both Cartwright and Henry both saying the Juniors coming through are super important. They all promise the earth when they start. It is easy to say the things everyone wants to hear. I just hope that there words match there actions. I give Brennan 3 years and we will be wanting to kick him out also.
    Psmitty

Inactive User

I think the Folau idea is totally nuts, however, I don’t watch Union at all these days, how is Folau form this year??
    Is he doing enough to deserve marquee money?

Immortal

Not for me. I am with you Bods I am not a fan of the Folau idea.

I think the Folau idea is totally nuts, however, I don’t watch Union at all these days, how is Folau form this year??
    Is he doing enough to deserve marquee money?

The Folau suggestion is purely academic as he will never get out of his comfort zone now but I would offer that he would do all that Hayne could have done for the gate, can seek out a hole, safe under the high ball, defence solid and has that "x" factor ... still a pipe dream though.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I don't see a problem with blowing the cash on Folau. He left league to pursue a dream of playing another sport. Wanted to come back to league and was offered a deal at Parramatta that was turned down by the NRL so went back to his dream and now we can offer him a massive pay day to come to a team that he has no ties too. What could possibly go wrong?
    A crazy idea a while ago as he is arguably one of the top 5 Union players in the world. But now he is married , he may appreciate less travel. Just have to get his missus a contract with a local netball team.

Was trying to draw parallels between signing another marquee player whose career highlights were close to those of Haynes. Apologies for the bad joke. Moving on....

No to Folau. Won't happen anyhow.
    Hopefully Brennan's structures uncover/deliver all the talent we need without the pigeon holes.

Rep Player

Im 100% with you for development and not just throwing money at something for this year but can you honestly say Morgan doesnt impress you??? The guy absolutely killed it the entire 2nd half of this year