Page 132 of 165 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2463

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    I know the club is pretty stacked in the forwards but I think we should be talking to Rhyse Martin’s manager. Currently kicking goals at 100%, although born in PNG played all his junior footy in qld and is off contract now.
    He has to be better than at least 3 forwards that I can think of.
    He's playing some great footy for the Dogs. Would love to see him here but I'd say his price has already risen. He's off contract this year too.

On the topic of LG, lets not write off the possibility he doesn't want to play here either. Lets not forget that Ash went public with his choice of halfs partner last year. Feeling is probably mutual now and he's happy getting paid well for park footy and to continue to get paid well in England.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Rhyse Martin is my second favorite player not in the Titans after Ponga.
    i had sent a message to Hail Sezer earlier today about this.

he is a weapon. and fills that left edge spot we find so troublesome.

Dogs cant really afford ANY upgrades in contract, and he isnt a dogs junior so doesn't really have too strong of an emotional investment there i imagine.

Would be a very astute buy.

also - cowboys have lost Ponga, Jahrome Hughes and Martin. We could be so lucky to let players like that go. besides Arrow, they would be our best 3 players probably.

Gold Coast bulletin sports journo saying to “expect good news on Hipgrave very soon” when asked about the chance of him re-signing. Awesome news and fingers crossed.

Bulldogs still a chance but I’d say they will keep Rhyse Martin and we will keep Keegs.

Titan Bryce back in Tweed outing
    http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

BRYCE Cartwright will make his return from a broken hand in the Intrust Super Cup, boosting Tweed’s chances of making the finals.

Cartwright broke his hand in a tackling drill while training with the Titans three weeks ago. He will line up against the Townsville Blackhawks at Hughenden in the Intrust Super Cup country round on Sunday despite having had surgery to insert a plate.

The former Penrith forward has had a horror year since linking with the Gold Coast late in the pre-season but Titans coach Garth Brennan hopes he can bounce back from his latest setback.

One silver lining to Cartwright’s injury was the Titans’ on-site medical facilities, which allowed him to be assessed and booked for surgery within hours, accelerating his return to the field by up to a week.

“It’s handy having that (Qscan) facility there, it probably did buy us a week,” Brennan said. “He was (out for) a similar sort of time frame as Jai Whitbread but the fracture was on the outside of Bryce’s hand, whereas Jai’s was the next one in, so we gave Bryce an extra week.

“But he’ll play for Tweed at the weekend.”

Whitbread also broke his hand at the end of June but was able to return on Sunday to make his NRL debut against the Roosters.

Whitbread missed playing for the NSW under-20 Origin side. “It was a last-minute thing, he wouldn’t have played if Jai Arrow had got through the Origin game OK,” Brennan said, dismissing any suggestion the Titans had pulled Whitbread out of the NSW side.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Hip hooray over deal
    http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

THE Titans are on the verge of securing young bruiser Keegan Hipgrave after coach Garth Brennan declared he was confident of retaining the man dubbed the next Greg Bird.

Hipgrave has emerged as the Gold Coast’s top signing priority following an explosive start to his NRL career.

The 21-year-old local product will play his 15th NRL game in Saturday’s trip to Newcastle when he returns from concussion.

Brennan believes the Titans will secure Hipgrave’s sought-after signature on a two-year extension.

Hipgrave has attracted interest from at least two Sydney clubs, but Brennan said he would be surprised if the Palm Beach Currumbin product jumped ship.

“I’m certainly confident Keegs will get done,” he said.

“I’ll be very surprised if he leaves the Gold Coast. He is very much a Gold Coast boy.

“We’ve offered him a twoyear deal and hopefully we can get that sorted in the near future. He is a good guy to have around and the players love playing with him. That is what I look at with players.

“If players love to play with you then you know you’re doing something right.”

Hipgrave will return for the Knights game with Origin prop Jai Arrow, who missed the loss to the Roosters with a corked knee.

Hipgrave has gained a reputation as an enforcer, much like former NSW Origin star Bird, after being charged three times in the early stages of his career, including being suspended on debut.

But Brennan said his aggressive attitude was an Xfactor for the Titans if he could control it.

“I love him, I just hope his body holds out,” he said.

“He uses his whole body. He doesn’t hold anything back.

“I love his attitude and mindset. He’s just got to learn how to control that a little bit. “He brings something we don’t have in our football team. He brings an X-factor.

“Everything is 100 miles an hour with him and he is a great guy off the field.”

The Titans must win their remaining seven matches by healthy margins to qualify for the finals, but will relish the return of Arrow after his maiden Origin campaign.

“He was very close to playing on Sunday,” Brennan said. “He was talking about doing a fitness test on the Sunday but I made the decision that I wasn’t going to play him.”
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Lets not forget that Ash went public with his choice of halfs partner last year. Feeling is probably mutual now and he's happy getting paid well for park footy and to continue to get paid well in England.
    This is closer to reality than anything else
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I don't dislike Elgey at all. I think he's a talent and after Ash's last couple of outings...I'd be very tempted to "rest" Ash from the vigours of NRL. (Please note ; I hate it when Ash trots out the old, "I'm still young and have only played a small amount of games in the NRL" line. It reeks of immaturity, imo)

Although I'd love to see a halves duo of AJ and LG I have to say, and maybe I'm alone here...but I'm very much looking forward to Roberts returning. He is so versatile as a player and massively underrated as a utility. Being able to slot into the 1, 6,7 and 9 if needed offers so much when considering salary cap restrictions. His signing = value for money.

I think for the time being, I'd like to see LG get a chance with AJ. Aj's toughness and willingness to play with the ball combined with LG's passing and kicking game, as well as his speed could be quite an interesting partnership. Ideally...I'd like to keep LG, sign Roberts and let Rein go.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    I don't dislike Elgey at all. I think he's a talent and after Ash's last couple of outings...I'd be very tempted to "rest" Ash from the vigours of NRL. (Please note ; I hate it when Ash trots out the old, "I'm still young and have only played a small amount of games in the NRL" line. It reeks of immaturity, imo)

Although I'd love to see a halves duo of AJ and LG I have to say, and maybe I'm alone here...but I'm very much looking forward to Roberts returning. He is so versatile as a player and massively underrated as a utility. Being able to slot into the 1, 6,7 and 9 if needed offers so much when considering salary cap restrictions. His signing = value for money.

I think for the time being, I'd like to see LG get a chance with AJ. Aj's toughness and willingness to play with the ball combined with LG's passing and kicking game, as well as his speed could be quite an interesting partnership. Ideally...I'd like to keep LG, sign Roberts and let Rein go.
    agree with all of that. nice work.

QLD Cup

I'd love to see LG get another crack at the top level at half back without Taylor. He seems to have more spark in attack. I haven't been following Q cup but perhaps his defence has improved. The last two weeks the team has not been threatening although there was good ground made up the middle. Give him a go! There is nothing to loose at this stage is there?

Ps. I am hoping Mitchell Pearce doesn't give a lesson to Taylor on what it means to be a top level halfback this weekend. Out most of the season then comes back and gets the team winning again.
    Last edited by Titanic Believer; 18-07-18 at 08:58 AM.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post

Have you forgotten what went down whenever The Termite/Taylor weren’t paired together at 6 and 7?? The pair of them went running to every Journo talking about how they want to play together. The Termite refuse to embrace being the number 17 utility. Theoretically I agree with you but past behaviour cannot be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Have you forgotten what went down whenever The Termite/Taylor weren’t paired together at 6 and 7?? The pair of them went running to every Journo talking about how they want to play together. The Termite refuse to embrace being the number 17 utility. Theoretically I agree with you but past behaviour cannot be ignored.
    I remember him being vocal about wanting the 6 jersey. I remember Taylor saying he wanted him there too. I also remember Roberts being very vocal about not wanting to give up the 1 jersey when Hayne was due back last year. With Roberts at fullback we were on a 3 game winning streak and were ranked the best attacking side in the comp with Hayne, Roberts, Elgey and Taylor.

I don't recall him refusing to be a utility ever. He wanted a regular start, just like every other nrl player does. The real rat in the ranks was Hayne. I wish he would have been man enough to say he wanted out. Then we could have kept Roberts at 1, Elgey at 6 and Taylor at 7.

I know you are very supportive of Elgey and I admire that a great deal, but don't let that cloud your memory in regards to Roberts and what he has to offer as a footballer. It's all about the team and what's best for the club going forward.

If Roberts can still produce the style of footy he had when he was here last year, he'd be a great pick up.

A link to an old article....https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...a9fc7108a2ecec

Inactive User

^^^^ he hated the utility role, that’s when he and Taylor went to the Journos about their unique bond. Whatever happens I’ll support the Team. Just a difference of opinion.

Hipgrave has signed on for 2 more years & has taken a lot less than the Knights offered him, this is a great signing for the club & a real show of faith to Brennan

Nice to see we have a real ‘Clubman’ in the making
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Hipgrave has signed on for 2 more years & has taken a lot less than the Knights offered him, this is a great signing for the club & a real show of faith to Brennan

Nice to see we have a real ‘Clubman’ in the making
    Great signing, your dollar goes further in Nerang.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Great signing, your dollar goes further in Nerang.
    Look what happens when you invest in local juniors they will stay for less and love the jumper
    Someone should point that out to Annesley and Brennan