Page 129 of 165 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2463

We can’t give his place to anybody else this year, the deadline is over.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    We can’t give his place to anybody else this year, the deadline is over.
    Says to me they don’t care about this year anymore. All selections will now be geared towards development for 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    was Elliot signed for next year as well?

If so , maybe it was a way to get out of that year of the contract.

If not, then i have no words
    "The Gold Coast Titans have confirmed the signing of Newcastle Knights utility Brendan Elliot on a one-year deal until the end of 2018."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Says to me they don’t care about this year anymore. All selections will now be geared towards development for 2019.
    good.

Inactive User

^^^ yeah I tend to agree

I don't see why us letting him go is a bad thing. There is only 7 weeks left and finals are no hope, and he wouldn't have featured in our team anyway in the remaining games. If worse comes to worst and we have a plethora of injuries, give some kids like Cooper a go.

Gold Coast Titans say they have not yet released Brendan Elliot to Leigh Centurions
    http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

ENGLISH Championship side Leigh have announced the immediate signing of Brendan Elliot but his Gold Coast NRL club deny it’s a done deal as yet.

The Centurions this week trumpeted Elliot’s impending arrival through to the end of the year as they desperately bolster their squad to push for a return to the top-tier Super League. They are currently sixth, two points outside the top four.

“He is a good defender with lots of pace which will be a welcome addition to the team,” Centurions owner Derek Beaumont said of Elliot.

“It is a very difficult period at the club as it really is up in the air as to where we will finish but I have to make decisions on the basis that we will make the top four to put us in a good place to mount a challenge to return to Super League.”

The Centurions may have jumped the gun a fraction, however, with the Titans saying they are yet to release the utility back, who may still line up for feeder side Tweed Heads on Sunday.

A Gold Coast junior, Elliot had only been handed two NRL starts since joining Garth Brennan’s squad in the off-season from Newcastle.

Leigh have former Titans players Daniel Mortimer and Bodene Thompson on their books, while Paterika Vaivai only left the club last week.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 12-07-18 at 10:31 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

If they're going to release him they shouldn't risk an injury to him playing for a feeder club.

MCQUEEN CONSIDERS RETURN

FORMER Maroons back-rower Chris McQueen is considering a return to the Titans.

McQueen has played just two games for the Tigers this season following neck surgery. McQueen’s three-year Tigers deal was brokered by former coach Jason Taylor, but current mentor Ivan Cleary clearly has other ideas about McQueen’s status in his top 17.

McQueen had two impressive seasons at the Titans and is open to a Queensland homecoming.

- - - Updated - - -

ELGEY’S PAY CUT

TITANS playmaker Kane Elgey faces a massive $400,000 pay cut to remain in the NRL.

The out-of-sorts Elgey is on an estimated $550,000 this season at the Titans, whose coach Garth Brennan said yesterday he doesn’t intend to offer him a new deal for 2019.

It is understood three NRL clubs have expressed mild interest in Elgey but are only prepared to pay around $140,000 a season at this stage.

Elgey is one of the NRL’s good guys and showed some class in his rookie year of 2015, but has struggled for confidence since returning from a knee reconstruction two years ago.

Only $140,000? We'd be crazy to pass him up on a cheaper offer....but it sounds like Brennan really doesn't want him here at all.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 13-07-18 at 11:42 PM.

Inactive User

^^^^ I just shake my head in bewilderment, so we could keep him by paying him maybe $150k. Good grief Brennan.

I think the inference is that Brennan won’t keep him at his current level of pay ... and who would? Super League or big pay cut.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I think the inference is that Brennan won’t keep him at his current level of pay ... and who would? Super League or big pay cut.
    Exactly titanic

- - - Updated - - -

Also I think a couple of people are missing the point, where does it say that Kane would stay if we offered him 140 or 150K even if we did make an offer he doesn’t have to accept it there’s no guarantee that he has to stay

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Exactly titanic

- - - Updated - - -

Also I think a couple of people are missing the point, where does it say that Kane would stay if we offered him 140 or 150K even if we did make an offer he doesn’t have to accept it there’s no guarantee that he has to stay
    Don’t really care, he’s a good footballer, a great guy and a local junior, make him an offer and see what he says.
    We are the Gold Coast....I’ll say it again Gold Coast. Brennan and Annesley should reflect on that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Don’t really care, he’s a good footballer, a great guy and a local junior, make him an offer and see what he says.
    We are the Gold Coast....I’ll say it again Gold Coast. Brennan and Annesley should reflect on that too.
    Annesley knows where he is mate. He is a huge advocate for the Titans to be a team of locals. The player retention issue is a joint decision of recruitment committee.

I am like you Bods and would love Kane to stay however I learnt a while ago that it’s fine balance to want to keep a club favourite or let them go for a player that could win is a title.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady