Page 121 of 165 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2463

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    Eels talking to Marika Koroibete, cmon titans get in there
    Oh yes please.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Offer him a 4 year deal , it seems we like handing them out

250k is fine for LG, hope he takes it.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    250k is fine for LG, hope he takes it.
    That figure was just a value I plucked out of the air which was my opinion of what he is worth today. If he wanted to cop that amount I'd be happy to keep him, although if Roberts returns we might be overstocked.
    I would think that some clubs will offer LG more than that and that he'd be mad not to take it. It seems that you and I agree that $250k is reasonable but I'd be interested in what others who desperately want to keep him would be prepared to pay. It's a massive pay cut from his current $550k down to $250k for example.
    There are plenty on here who want him to stay and others who can't see any improvement in him and are happy for him to leave....but everyone has a fair price and I'd be interested in what people are prepared to pay. Rather than just say keep him or telling him to rack off I want to put a bit of flesh around the debate.

Inactive User

LG: $300k is the maximum offer I’d make, one year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    LG: $300k is the maximum offer I’d make, one year contract.
    I doubt he’d take that though when other clubs are probably offering him more money and a 1 year contract is not much security. LG is goneski and unfortunately that’s logical for us.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    I doubt he’d take that though when other clubs are probably offering him more money and a 1 year contract is not much security. LG is goneski and unfortunately that’s logical for us.
    LOGICAL! Turn it up. Where’d you pull logical from? A 1679 of AJ, LG, ATay, Peats long term is logical if you want to win something called a Premiership!
    I say 1 year contract as it gives LG the opportunity to get a big contract in 2020 when we have the spine functioning in the glorious way that it will.

LOGICAL! Turn it up. Where’d you pull logical from? A 1679 of AJ, LG, ATay, Peats long term is logical if you want to win something called a Premiership!
    I say 1 year contract as it gives LG the opportunity to get a big contract in 2020 when we have the spine functioning in the glorious way that it will.
    Geez mate you have massive optimism if you think that spine will win a comp. LG has been lousy for two years, ATay is playing nothing like a million dollar player, and AJ is largely unproven and has done very little in his NRL games to date.
    LG would be crazy to take a one year deal if some other club wants to give him the security of a longer term. In fact if the Titans offer him a one year deal, I would suggest that is a large vote of no confidence. I agree with you that a one year deal is all I'd offer but I wouldn't expect a bloke to take it if longer terms and equal or more money is being offered.

Logical because LG has shown absolutely no consistency since he did his knee and he just doesn’t look like going back to his debut year form unfortunately. Would’ve loved to see him play his career out here but it doesn’t fit in with our plans. You can’t pay a guy $400k+ to sit in reserve grade because he’s not playing good enough 9 games out of 10 (we’ve got enough of those...). And you can’t just keep local juniors for the hell of it and to feel good about ourselves. That will get us no success and no where near a premiership. Keep the best ones yes but if one isn’t playing quality football then unfortunately it’s see you later. So sadly we will have to part ways with LG and wish him the best of luck, and focus our sights on recruiting a quality half, getting TROB back or keeping Brimson there.

The spine we have now “ WILL NOT WIN US A PREMIERSHIP “

In good news, very happy with this:

Dale Copley signs a new two-year deal with Gold Coast Titans
    Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail
    June 27, 2018 7:06pm

DALE Copley will chalk up a decade of service in the NRL next season after clinching a new two-year deal with the Titans.

The Courier-Mail understands Copley has agreed to terms on a two-year contract that will see the former Broncos flyer remain on the Gold Coast until the end of 2020.

The Titans are hoping to formally announce Copley’s retention before Sunday’s clash against the Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval.

Copley, who turns 27 next month, has played 30 games for the Titans since his arrival from the Roosters last year and received some recognition when he was invited to be part of Queensland’s extended squad for Origin I.

Since his NRL debut for Brisbane in 2009, the classy three-quarter has endured a wretched run with injuries and concussions that have hampered his quest to break into the Origin arena.

But Copley’s persistence has paid off, with the Titans’ new arrangement to ensure the 116-game veteran becomes a 10-year servant in the NRL.

The Ingham product has scored five tries from 11 games for the Gold Coast this season and will be a key part of Titans coach Garth Brennan’s backline plans in 2019.

“Dale has been very good for us in his time here,” Brennan said. “He can be a real strike player, and with Tyrone Peachey coming to the club next season, that gives us a pretty handy centre pairing.

Copley was a tryscoring machine in the Broncos under-20s and Brisbane coaching staff believed it was only a matter of time before he graduated into the Origin arena for Queensland.

Constant injuries have prevented Copley from wearing Maroon at senior level, but Brennan has always been a fan of his strength, quick feet and tryscoring prowess.

“When I was coaching in the under-20s, I kept a black book of opposition players who impressed me and Dale Copley was a name I wrote down early on,” Brennan recalled last month.

“The one issue for Dale is that he has had injuries throughout his career, but there is no questioning his talent.

“He did a great job on James Roberts when we beat the Broncos earlier this season, so he has something to offer us.”

Looks like a Copley and Peachey centre pairing next season at this stage too.

The amount of love for LG boggles my mind. Like has been said before he has shown nothing for two years and I don't think a spine of him and ash with peats and AJ is even worth trying. LG has had his chances now time to move on. I am with Teke the whole backline needs replacing. Ash certainly needs to improve but he is the only one I would keep.
    Psmitty

So if Peachey is in the centres then who is pairing with Ash? Next year you would assume AJ, but after that? I wouldn't want to be the winger outside Peachey either.

Inactive User

LG has turned around Seagulls season from being a train wreck to a semi final or even premiership contender. He’s probably saved Ben Woolfe. He’s shown more that enough to show he’s right to come back in.
    AJ at QCup and Under 20 level shows stacks more at Fullback.
    But don’t worry about the opinions of us that watch a bit of QCup and under 20 back in the day.

And I will always want to give local juniors a bit more of a go to make it. They are the ones that bring pride in the jumper on and off the field.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 28-06-18 at 09:31 AM.

LG has turned around Seagulls season from being a train wreck to a semi final or even premiership contender. He’s probably saved Ben Woolfe. He’s shown more that enough to show he’s right to come back in.
    AJ at QCup and Under 20 level shows stacks more at Fullback.
    But don’t worry about the opinions of us that watch a bit of QCup and under 20 back in the day.

And I will always want to give local juniors a bit more of a go to make it. They are the ones that bring pride in the jumper on and off the field.
    Mate you can't really judge a couple of QLD cup performances compared to the rubbish moments he's had in the NRL this year. And you can't really drop AJ from 5/8 as, although he hasn't done anything flash, has been solid and can make a 1 on 1 tackle. I agree he's probably a more natural fullback and probably will be in a couple of years but you can't really drop Mick Gordon from fullback either as he has been great for us back there.

As sunshine and rainbows as keeping local juniors is, if they aren't playing good enough footy in NRL (NOT JUST QLD CUP) then we don't really have a choice. Like psmitty said, he has had 2 years now to show he belongs in this team. He shows pride in the jersey and loves the club and that's why he's been a fan favourite but unless he somehow magically becomes consistent and learns how to tackle, I don't see how he fits into this team.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news, good to see Copley stay on. He has been fantastic this year for us. I wonder if him and Peachey are our centre pairing, which one will make the transition to the right side as both are generally left side players aren't they?