Page 115 of 165 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2463

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I am with Bundy, when Tyrone Roberts played in the team Atay played his best footy and we looked very dangerous attacking both sides of the field. T Roberts brings some enthusiasm and spark which we have been lacking. I think this could be good for 2019 and gives AJ a chance to get some XP in fullback for 2019.

I don't believe anything Tyrone said was as bad as what Atay was saying to the media before he left. I feel for Elgey he is a top bloke and on his day a fantastic footy player, I just feel he didn't capture his opportunities when they where presented.
    I think that the fact we are justifying T Roberts returning by saying that he makes Ash play his best footy is concerning in itself. A 1.2m dollar half shouldn't need his best mate next to him to play good footy, fullstop.

I want LG to stay and start too, but for whatever reason him and Ash struggle to play well together. They are both halfbacks and in a battle of two, Ash was always going to be the preference.

I am really interested to see what happens if Brenko keeps playing well and improves his defence.

Maybe they are looking at Tyrone Roberts as a utility and he could definitely cover more positions than Rein. We have been pretty luck this year in that we haven’t had an in-game injury to one of our halves or backs.

Hoping for a lineup next year like-

Brimson
    Gordon
    Copley
    Lee
    Don
    Peachey
    Taylor
    Arrow
    Hipgrave /Cartwright
    Proctor
    Wallace
    Peats
    James

Roberts
    Boyd
    Cartwright/ Hipgrave
    Stockwell

Depth
    Sami
    Elliot (if resigned)
    King
    Boyle
    Rein (if resigned)
    Fotuaika
    Last edited by Ausphin; 18-06-18 at 01:43 PM.

QLD Cup

When is Hurrell off contract? I see Feki is being shopped around to make space for Woods. Surely we will have a crack at him considering our lack of depth out wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I think that the fact we are justifying T Roberts returning by saying that he makes Ash play his best footy is concerning in itself. A 1.2m dollar half shouldn't need his best mate next to him to play good footy, fullstop.
    That is true but when two guys have a good combination, it makes things handier and brings out the best in both guys. He's not a world beater but you don't need two $1.2m playmakers. As long as he does his job. And he's gonna have to work to come back in the team that's for sure.

As great of a guy as LG is and he was great in his debut year, but I don't see us keeping him and especially not for 500k+. He just doesn't seem to link with Ash and we can't afford a salary for a good game here or there. As sad as it is.

Feki and Oates would give us a really threatening squad if we didn't lose anyone other than Simpkins and Matthews.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    This is spot on. I was having the same thoughts as well.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I'd have Tyrone back for the right money. A good utility that can kick. We were winning games when he took to the field, bit hard to deny that.

Plus I doubt he'd have the ability to white-ant the squad under Garth. Henry lost the squad and a combo of a few took it from there (it seemed).

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be surprised if Oates exited the Donkey's, tend to think the old fossil is messing with his head to rein him in a bit. They'll resign him once the time is right. Walters is probably in on it as well with the Origin snub.
    Last edited by Toads; 18-06-18 at 04:50 PM.

Sad to say with Roberts returning , LG may be goneski.

I don’t like this at all. He was holding our club at ransom with atay. Step backwards in my opinion.

I share your thoughts Dooldog, rj62 and HS and BT. Hope you are right Toads.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I thought LG and ash combined really well this year at times, it was just the defence i thought was the problem?

either way, Tyrone is a NRL player who right now would make bench or push Aj to bench, so we are going to add Peachey to the 17 and have Hurrel, Carty, AJ, LG, Latu, Boyle, and a couple of NRL level forwards NOT being able to make our side, that shows we finally are getting some depth.

Depth is good. I just don’t want Taylor and Roberts influencing the coach in any way. I’d prefer Elgey but looks like he’s gone, if the signing is true.

It's looking more and more likely.

https://warringtonwolves.com/roberts...at-end-season/

Wolves have confirmed he is leaving their club at their season end.

NZFan, Hurrell is contracted till the end of next season.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    It's looking more and more likely.

https://warringtonwolves.com/roberts...at-end-season/

Wolves have confirmed he is leaving their club at their season end.

NZFan, Hurrell is contracted till the end of next season.
    So he’s leaving for the same basic reason he left us
    He’s Sooking It!
    Meanwhile Kane plies his trade at Seagulls and has turned them from a train wreck to a finals contender and saved what was left of Ben Woolf’s Career without any whinging or fuss.

Terrible. This is critically poor.

i dont know if i want Kane to go to Storm or Cowboys or somewhere and come back and TORCH us over the next 5 years to show us what let go, or if i want him to stay humble and local and play for tweed next year and earn back a gig with us over the next year or 2