Page 107 of 165 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 117 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2463

We dont need Roberts back. Instead of spending money on big name recruits ( i agree we need some ) , how about making sure our juniors stay on the coast , and not go to other clubs , because players like Cartwrong are taking valuable space & money.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Roberts is ordinary and was mostly ordinary for us. He started on fire and morphed back into his Newcar$ehole mode. No to Roberts and the Taylor bromance thanks.
    Yeah good point. Another bromance is probably not a good thing for the team. I'd be focusing on Brimson now.

It’s been mentioned on here recently, but would Troy Leo not be worth adding to our squad before June 30. He seems to be killing it for the Bears and it’s a position we’re needing depth in. Thoughts mdrew? Is he NRL ready, must admit I’ve only seen highlights albeit bloody good ones

Wigan Warriors 'favourites' to land Hull KR target Joe Greenwood
    https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/

The Warriors are leading the hunt to land the back-rower ahead of Rovers, Leeds Rhinos and Toronto Wolfpack according to reports.

Hull KR target Joe Greenwood is being strongly linked with a move to Wigan Warriors, according to League Express.

The former St Helens man, and brother of current Robins star James, is currently plying his trade in the NRL reserve grades with Burleigh Bears after being told he can leave Gold Coast Titans.

Greenwood is eyeing a move back to Super League, with the Robins, Leeds Rhinos and the ambitious Toronto Wolfpack also showing interest in recent months.

KR coach Tim Sheens went public on his interest earlier this year to the Mail, and had preliminary talks with the back-rower late last year, but faces a fight to get his man.

The Warriors – who are tipped to appoint assistant coach John Winder as Shaun Wane’s successor, are out in front according to reports, with Wigan confident they can snap up the highly-rated 25-year-old.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Wigan Warriors 'favourites' to land Hull KR target Joe Greenwood
    https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/

The Warriors are leading the hunt to land the back-rower ahead of Rovers, Leeds Rhinos and Toronto Wolfpack according to reports.

Hull KR target Joe Greenwood is being strongly linked with a move to Wigan Warriors, according to League Express.

The former St Helens man, and brother of current Robins star James, is currently plying his trade in the NRL reserve grades with Burleigh Bears after being told he can leave Gold Coast Titans.

Greenwood is eyeing a move back to Super League, with the Robins, Leeds Rhinos and the ambitious Toronto Wolfpack also showing interest in recent months.

KR coach Tim Sheens went public on his interest earlier this year to the Mail, and had preliminary talks with the back-rower late last year, but faces a fight to get his man.

The Warriors – who are tipped to appoint assistant coach John Winder as Shaun Wane’s successor, are out in front according to reports, with Wigan confident they can snap up the highly-rated 25-year-old.
    Good news. Anyone know how much cap space he takes up?

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Good news. Anyone know how much cap space he takes up?
    I think between $400k-$500k.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    I think between $400k-$500k.
    It's also been reported as low as $200K

Junior

Titans hero Don reveals his plans for the future
    JUNE 04, 2018

THE cut-price winger that has been the Titans’ best value player over the past three years as they’ve splashed out on marquee flops will open negotiations for a new contract as soon as this week.

Cult hero Anthony Don may have been able to earn more if he had tested himself on the open market.

But his instructions three years ago — as they will be now as he seeks an NRL extension — will be for his agent to keep him on the Gold Coast.

Don had a breakout season last year which earnt him the Paul Broughton Medal as the Titans’ best and fairest.

And he sees no reason to leave the club that gave him his chance as a 25-year-old.

Don’s last contract was understood to be worth about $180,000 a year, making him one of the cheapest starting wingers in the competition.

And wants to extend his time with a club he sees moving towards an exciting new chapter.

“I’m obviously off contract. I haven’t had many negotiations, so I was just going to wait until it happened (but) we’ll probably look to start,” Don said.

“I don’t know if I’m going to be there or not but we’ll probably find out in the next month or so.

“I love the Titans and I love the Gold Coast, so if it happens, that’d be great.

“But we’re in an industry where you can get moved on pretty quickly, so you’ve got to be open to the idea of moving.

“You’d love to stay but you might have to go.

“If I’m playing good footy and doing my best on the field, that will take care of itself.

“But my focus is on playing good week to week.”

Picked up from the Grafton Ghosts by Burleigh, Don has made the most of every chance he has been given after being a late bloomer.

And he shows the value of looking outside the box in a sport where talented players are being identified younger and younger.

He wants to repay the Titans for the faith they have shown in him and as one of the most reliable players over the past two years and a fan favourite, his extension should be a no-brainer.

“My negotiations have been fairly different,” Don said of a process that can be cutthroat.

“I’ve always preferred to stay on the Gold Coast, so I’ve always just gone to the club and seen where they were at and get something done pretty quickly.

“I haven’t really talked to any other clubs in my career.”

The grandson of Canterbury and Manly great Ron Willey takes nothing for granted and admits he would be playing the game for free if he had not broken through to the top ranks.

“Almost every day I think how lucky I am just to playing a sport (professionally) I would be playing for nothing anyway,” he said.

“It’s just the love of the game.

“Obviously I didn’t debut until I was 25, so I can really appreciate how few people make the NRL and how good a job it is once you’re in there playing.

“There’s some tough times in pre-season and some tough training sessions and you’re away from home a lot but just to run out there with the boys and represent the Gold coast community is something I’ll cherish forever.”

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully we keep the Don, he'd be on next to nothing and he's either a solid starting option for cheap or good depth if we sign someone else. A crowd favourite too.

This is the sort of person we need at the club. He is on low money and is happy to stay, a very loyal club man and an honest player. Lots of these young kids could take a few tips from him.

QLD Cup

No problem keeping him for depth if that is the sort of money he's on, but if we stop looking for other options because of the signing I'll be annoyed.

He seems like a good club man but I can't help feeling like a lot of titans fans talk about him with rose tainted glasses on. From the outside, he's a shadow of what he was last year and even then he was average at best.

The best teams in the comp have gun outside backs with natural talent, unfortunately I don't think Don will ever be a gun.

At the Forum the other night I learnt that we have offered Hipgrave a 2 year deal but it’s slightly less than what he is being offer else where.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Aging wingers are like old tyres; they lose traction and speed while still getting the job done without breaking the bank but a blow-out is just around the corner.

Hipgrave is a must who does command a fair upgrade and a good kick up the khyber on discipline.
    Last edited by Titanic; 05-06-18 at 10:07 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

Bulldogs are the team to watch in relation to Hipgrave

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    At the Forum the other night I learnt that we have offered Hipgrave a 2 year deal but it’s slightly less than what he is being offer else where.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Bulldogs are the team to watch in relation to Hipgrave
    With the salary cap mess the bulldogs are in there is no way they should be able to outbid us... Hope he stays