Page 131 of 165 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2463
    Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Just because we wanna have a bite on selections doesn't mean we are polishing the guillotine.
    However if matthews is selected this week after last game I may buy some polish.

Back to signings. One thing I am unsure of after the last few games is what are we planning to do with Don next year. He seems to of lost a bit of speed but is always a solid contributor and never seems to put a foot wrong. However, if we are looking long term we are in desperate need of some quality backs and maybe he would command more money overseas. Im still unclear as to what our cap situation is going to look like next year.

You know one thing I will say is that we've never really had a coach willing to drop players that are under performing. That is one of Brennan's best quality. He's dropped Latu, Cartwright, Elgey, Hurrell etc who weren't playing first grade standard and he shows that your place is never safe in the team. Well removed from the Cartwright and Henry eras who walked out the same 1-17 every week no matter what.

I am excited to see what Brennan can do for this club, he at least deserves a chance and a few years as he has inherited a mess of a roster (lots of diamonds and potential future diamonds, but also a lot of rocks).

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    You know one thing I will say is that we've never really had a coach willing to drop players that are under performing. That is one of Brennan's best quality. He's dropped Latu, Cartwright, Elgey, Hurrell etc who weren't playing first grade standard and he shows that your place is never safe in the team. Well removed from the Cartwright and Henry eras who walked out the same 1-17 every week no matter what.

I am excited to see what Brennan can do for this club, he at least deserves a chance and a few years as he has inherited a mess of a roster.
    Absolutely. I always keep this in mind. Damn that was so painfully frustrating.

If this culture continues and our player stocks rise and deepen, we will be cooking with gas.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Rep Player

Moley just confirmed Roosters have signed English winger Ryan Hall who carved up at the recent world cup to replace ferguson. Siiiighhh the rich get richer and we continue to struggle. Wish we had the salary sombrero

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Moley just confirmed Roosters have signed English winger Ryan Hall who carved up at the recent world cup to replace ferguson. Siiiighhh the rich get richer and we continue to struggle. Wish we had the salary sombrero
    I'll be interested to see how he goes at the Chooks. A small part of me hopes that it is well (The IRL side of me), but as you allude to... gee it's so hard being a Roosters fan ain't it?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

i really really wish William 'Zip Zip' Zillman was here to guide this team through the tough times

WOW! just noticed that former Titan GREAT Mark O'Dare is on Love Island Australia! he is looking D R E A M Y
    Last edited by NZTITAN; 16-07-18 at 10:00 PM.

AJ Brimson all but ensures Kane Elgey will leave Gold Coast at season’s end

TRAVIS MEYN, The Courier-Mail
    July 16, 2018 5:51pm

TITANS dynamo AJ Brimson has all but ended Kane Elgey’s tenure at the Gold Coast after clinching the No. 6 jersey for the rest of the season.

Brimson was sensational for the Titans in Sunday’s 20-12 loss to the Roosters which put a dagger into the Gold Coast’s faint final hopes.

The 19-year-old junior Queensland playmaker produced the best performance of his eight-game NRL career to prove he is the future for the Titans.

Brimson was given a crack at the five-eighth duties in Round 10 after Elgey and Bryce Cartwright flopped as Ash Taylor’s playmaking partner.

Elgey, a Gold Coast product, is off-contract at season’s end and destined for the exits after not being offered a new deal by the Titans in the wake of Brimson’s rise.

With seven games left in the regular season, Brennan is expected to persevere with Brimson and Taylor together.

Brimson is expected to stay in first grade for the rest of the year. Photo by Chris Hyde/Getty Images.
    “I’d love to keep partnering him,” Brimson said.

“We work well together and I really enjoy playing with him.

“He is a dominant half. I let him call the shots and I back him up and have faith in his calls.

“I’m slowly getting more confident and easing into the role. I’m enjoying it and loving it.

“It’s hard to judge it when you have a loss like that. You don’t really look at it that way (like it was my best game).

“I was happy in parts of my game and my defence but there are still a lot of areas to work on.”

While Taylor struggled for the second straight week against the Roosters, Brimson was electric.

He ran for 108m and made 21 tackles in a strong performance with and without the ball to prove his talent is worth persisting with.

Even more impressive was the fact Brimson was playing his third match in eight days.

His tough run began in last Sunday’s loss to Brisbane before he played for Queensland in the under-20s Origin on Wednesday and backed up against the Roosters.

“The body is better than I thought,” Brimson said.

“One of the boys asked how I’d be after three games in a week but I didn’t think about it.

“My body felt good leading into the game. It’s nothing too bad.

“It was great to get a win (for Queensland) and take confidence out of that with a more senior role there.”

Brennan is viewing Brimson as a potential fullback for the Titans, but at the moment his five-eighth experiment is showing promising signs.

Brimson is contracted at the Titans until 2020 and said he wanted to step up and play a more commanding role alongside Taylor.

“I’m trying to take some pressure off Ash,” he said.

“He is the number one kicker and has a great kicking game. Teams are starting to realise that and putting him under pressure so I’m trying to step up and give that second kick option.

“I want the boys to believe in me that I can get the job done kicking so there’s not too much pressure on Ash.

“It comes with me being more confident and the team having confidence in me as well.”

Brennan said he was pleased with Brimson’s development.

“AJ was enormous,” he said.

“He ran the ball and whenever a half runs the ball they are threatening. He ran the ball really well and did a really good job.

“AJ took it upon himself to take a bit of the load off Ash. We’re starting to see AJ develop into the halfback to complement Ash that we are looking for.”

The Titans are expected to welcome back Queensland prop Jai Arrow from a corked knee for Saturday’s trip to Newcastle.

Does this read like AJ does what he’s told compared to Elgey?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Does this read like AJ does what he’s told compared to Elgey?
    Yep that's how I interpret it

Inactive User

As if LG has been either not been listening to the Coach or Misbehaving. Turn it up. People might get all sensitive about any Brennan criticism well what about the smearing of of all people Kane Elgey. My anger factor over this issue is simmering. Ask Ben Woolfe what he thinks of Kane Elgey.

I’d love to see how your Million Dollar Sook would cope with time in the Magoos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    As if LG has been either not been listening to the Coach or Misbehaving. Turn it up. People might get all sensitive about any Brennan criticism well what about the smearing of of all people Kane Elgey. My anger factor over this issue is simmering. Ask Ben Woolfe what he thinks of Kane Elgey.

I’d love to see how your Million Dollar Sook would cope with time in the Magoos.
    '

i just though i remember there being an instagram video floating around of LG on his birthday or someones bday and it was a good thing they were doing.

im pretty vague though and cant recall exactly. someone else might like to chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    A few seasons ago he would have been a much better acquisition for a NRL club, now he's just a big lump who will probably struggle with faster nrl pace
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    '

i just though i remember there being an instagram video floating around of LG on his birthday or someones bday and it was a good thing they were doing.

im pretty vague though and cant recall exactly. someone else might like to chime in.
    Shhhhhh I know what you are talking about and it wasn’t Kane and other than that I don’t want to say anything else and I’d urge everyone else to do the same.

I know the club is pretty stacked in the forwards but I think we should be talking to Rhyse Martin’s manager. Currently kicking goals at 100%, although born in PNG played all his junior footy in qld and is off contract now.
    He has to be better than at least 3 forwards that I can think of.

Rhyse Martin is my second favorite player not in the Titans after Ponga.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.