Page 105 of 165 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 115 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2463

Aaron Woods is looking for another club at the seasons end apparently. Massive NO..

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Aaron Woods is looking for another club at the seasons end apparently. Massive NO..
    honestly he'd be very very solid bench prop depth, for tweed

Titans have got to be excited with what theu have coming in Peachey, watching the panthers tonight and gee he is carving the dragons he has this natural instinct and pops up in the right places not just in one game but every game he plays titans fans like myself got to be excited

I'm excited about Peach, but in all honesty...he plays the game he does because of the team he's in. If he was with us this year, here and now, I'm not so sure he'd be as dominant.

As a team, in comparison to the panthers...we have a lot of work to do. Cohesion in defence would be a good start.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    I'm excited about Peach, but in all honesty...he plays the game he does because of the team he's in. If he was with us this year, here and now, I'm not so sure he'd be as dominant.

As a team, in comparison to the panthers...we have a lot of work to do. Cohesion in defence would be a good start.
    With Peachey in the team we might lose yesterday’s game 34-20 instead of 34-14.
    The glaring issues are 80min efforts, resilience and discipline. And of course cheating Sydney Referees/Bunker.

I am starting to worry about our signings. Like someone else said on the forum these 4 year contracts could come back to bite us. Zillman had 5 years and that turned out a big mess. Look at Woods at Canterbury it is very hard for a lot of players to perform year after year unless your the elite ones. Someone mentioned Wallace being average at the moment. I could say the same for James who is not really a captain in his actions. He hardly bends the line and looks Nate Myles Like. Elgey had one good year and has been average ever since.

The problem is that because we have been a basket case for so long I assume we are offering these long contracts to actually get half decent players. I guess it is a lot like overpaying for a player to attract a few good ones. Anyway unless things change we could be looking at at least a few years of lean times. The max I would like to see offered is 3 years and that would be for the really good ones.
    Psmitty

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    I am starting to worry about our signings. Like someone else said on the forum these 4 year contracts could come back to bite us. Zillman had 5 years and that turned out a big mess. Look at Woods at Canterbury it is very hard for a lot of players to perform year after year unless your the elite ones. Someone mentioned Wallace being average at the moment. I could say the same for James who is not really a captain in his actions. He hardly bends the line and looks Nate Myles Like. Elgey had one good year and has been average ever since.

The problem is that because we have been a basket case for so long I assume we are offering these long contracts to actually get half decent players. I guess it is a lot like overpaying for a player to attract a few good ones. Anyway unless things change we could be looking at at least a few years of lean times. The max I would like to see offered is 3 years and that would be for the really good ones.
    I agree except I think 3 for good ones 4 for really good ones. 4 year contracts for forwards is a huge gamble, especially with the uncertainty regarding the number of interchanges

Even though a couple canned the idea of exploring the option of Corey Norman for next year, it still looks a lot better option than what Cartwright currently has to offer on same/similar money.

Not saying we should chase Corey, just highlighting where the Club's money could be better spent.

On the 4 year contract front we don’t know if they are 2 years with a 2 year option in favour of club/player or maybe 3 years with a 1 year option in favour of the club/ player. I would hope they are all in favour of the club that way Brennan truely shape the clubs future.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Even though a couple canned the idea of exploring the option of Corey Norman for next year, it still looks a lot better option than what Cartwright currently has to offer on same/similar money.
    We could probably write a novel on better ways to spend his salary right now Toads. But as we have committed I guess we are in the position where we have to ride it out. Cartwright seems to be terribly out of sort at the moment but I do think he is the sort of person to repay the faith given time. In saying that, it shouldn't be in first grade though.

I'm more worried about the other signings that Garth has made. Latu has been a flop and Rein has been average in my opinion (which is compounded by the fact that we lost a local junior who could have done the same job).

I would only want Corey to play fullback but I think we are better with AJ. We need to start fostering our youngsters like Penrith and the Dragons have done if we want long term success.

Inactive User

^^^ I hear Latu had a great game for Tweed

i've been a Corey Norman fan for years i'd be happy to take him on the right price

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    i've been a Corey Norman fan for years i'd be happy to take him on the right price
    I agree based on ability alone however I’d have major concerns with his attitude, the way he gels and off-field antics

Let’s get Segeyaro and bring all the mobsters too.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

For those of us still playing the Corey Norman game, he was dropped this week because he was allegedly out drinking with a couple of other Eels players whilst he is listed on the injured list.