Page 162 of 165 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2463

Maloney has 2 more prems then peachy. Way better investment as he could also be a post retirement halves coach. Plenty of upside compared to peachy.

The only way we come out even close to being on top if we allow Peachey out of his contract is if they take Bryce and Latu back at full freight and we get Maloney. I'd still have to question why we need Roberts if all this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    The only way we come out even close to being on top if we allow Peachey out of his contract is if they take Bryce and Latu back at full freight and we get Maloney. I'd still have to question why we need Roberts if all this happens.
    To appease Taylor

Something has to be done. We find it very hard to attract high quality players. We seem to sign others that are looking for an opportunity like arrow and wallace or we sign other teams rejects or we have over time seemed to sign or want to sign players who have been sacked or caused problems at there previous club. Peachey wanting to reneg is another sign that we are not seen as a club with any chance to be premiership contenders. Our recruitment needs work without paying overs for players.
    Psmitty

Brennan has come out this morning and rubbished the backflip rumours saying they haven’t heard anything from Peachey’s management about it and that he is definitely coming.

Who do you believe...

Also said that he will be playing centre next year. Once again, if he is definitely coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Brennan has come out this morning and rubbished the backflip rumours saying they haven’t heard anything from Peachey’s management about it and that he is definitely coming.

Who do you believe...

Also said that he will be playing centre next year. Once again, if he is definitely coming here.
    After DCE you don't believe anyone till you see them in a particular jersey next year. Maybe Peacheys mum will tweet he's definitely coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    To appease Taylor
    What he said..........

Peachey’s manager confirms contract limbo
    Ben Cotton - August 24, 2018 - 4:51 pm

Panthers utility Tyrone Peachey may back out of his deal with the Titans and remain in Penrith because his partner is uncertain about relocating their young family, as reported by The Daily Telegraph.

Peachey’s manager Sam Ayoub confirmed that the flyer may backflip on his three-year contract with the Gold Coast worth $1.5 million, who are reportedly confident he could work through his family issue.

“I’m reasonably confident, but I can’t commit to it 100 per cent,” Ayoub told The Daily Telegraph.

“Tyrone’s wife is a bit concerned. A few of the other boys that have gone up to the Gold Coast and their partners haven’t settled in being away from family.

“They are looking to have a second kid and she is worried that it will be difficult for her.

“It is human nature to have second thoughts about things that could have a dramatic bearing on your family situation.

“But we are working through it and it doesn’t mean he is not going to be at the Titans.

“Families have issues from time-to-time that they have to weigh up.

“He (Tyrone) has signed a contract and that is the intent. We are working through a situation there.

“The first thing I did was speak to the Titans to let them know that there is an issue at home, so we could work through it.

“The Titans have been great since I alerted them about the potential issue.”

Titans coach Gareth Brennan has labelled Peachey as an “honourable man” and does not think he could backlfip on his deal with the Titans like Manly star Daly Cherry-Evans did in 2015.

“One thing I will say about Tyrone Peachey is he is a good man. He is an honourable man,” Brennan told The Daily Telegraph.

“He is committed to us. I’d be very surprised if anything changes.”

But the round 13 rule which allowed Cherry-Evans to back out of his deal with the Titans has since been removed, meaning Peachey would have to be officially released by Gold Coast to stay at the Panthers.

Titans skipper Ryan James became closer with Peachey through their experiences at the indigenous All Stars camp and the NSW Origin squad, and said that he had spoken about buying a property on the Gold Coast.

“We were talking about where he was looking for houses,” James told The Daily Telegraph.

“He has been up and started looking. He was asking and probing where to buy.

“I probably would be (surprised if he backflipped). He seemed keen at the time but I haven’t talked to him in the past six weeks.”

Garth should be banned from recruiting Panthers

Latu, Carty ...
    Last edited by teke; 24-08-18 at 11:31 PM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

That family bull**** gets me seeing red.. Hook has gone so he now sees a better alternative staying with panthers

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    That family bull**** gets me seeing red.. Hook has gone so he now sees a better alternative staying with panthers
    Which after last night's game makes you wonder why...they are not playing much better than us at the moment.

Ayoub says he told us and the club says they know nothing ... somebody’s bs-ing.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Maybe they told club and club hasn't passed it on to Garth.

Can his wife use the 700k per year to wipe away the tears?

The trend is there though. Players with young families, especially ones with no family up here seem to struggle. Whether that is the club’s issue or the player’s, it needs to be addressed. It’s a lot easier to move clubs in Sydney, at max you might move two hours away from your family. Moving interstate is proving to be a lot harder for some. And it doesn’t really matter how much you get, a happy wife equals a happy life. Not making excuses just pointing out that a lot of these guys are still in their twenties and ditching support networks with young families is going to take time to adjust to.

Totally agree DDog ... having children early with no responsibilities except to turn up for training and be told precisely what to do makes moving interstate to a playground very de-stabilising. Mind you a contract is a contract and 700k is 700k so they should have factored it all in before signing ... I typed 'should have' because I doubt there was much more than 'get 700k to live on the Coast, why not' in the decision-making process. Titans should only agree to back-flip if we get some very serious incentives such as Blake plus Kikau.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.