Page 101 of 165 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2463

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    Given Isaako’s form , maybe Kahu might struggle for his spot.

Is he worth a look?
    Yes.

I'd stick with Sami. Give him a couple of years and he'll be great. He's doing very well for his first year and is learning what his body can take week in week out.

Uate's best years were at Newcastle years ago. He went to Manly and died now they're looking to offload some $ and an old man. As Toads said, we aren't a retirement village.

Lara Pitt reporting Mbye has signed 3 yr deal with Tigers for 500k a season. Wouldve happily had him here at that price

Quote Originally Posted by Titansborn'n'bred View Post
    Lara Pitt reporting Mbye has signed 3 yr deal with Tigers for 500k a season. Wouldve happily had him here at that price
    My question for the Tigers would be the same for us, where are you playing him?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    My question for the Tigers would be the same for us, where are you playing him?
    Simple, next year move on Elgey, AJ to 5/8, Gordon to wing in his last year (would still have the right attributes to make a good go of it) and Mbye to fullback where he’s been carving up

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    Given Isaako’s form , maybe Kahu might struggle for his spot.

Is he worth a look?
    No to Kahu, you hit the Bronx where it hurts and go after players they want to keep and need like Oates. They cant replace him
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    No to Kahu, you hit the Bronx where it hurts and go after players they want to keep and need like Oates. They cant replace him
    Agreed. Much more interested in Isaako.

Trouble with Oates is, why would he leave BrisVegas except to play in the pigs ... we want him on the wing. A big no to Kahu.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Funny to Read everyones opinions on different players. It's very much a mixed bag of likes and dislikes at the moments.

I'm a strong No to Elgey
    a No to Sami
    a No to Copley although everyone seems to love him at the moment
    a Yes to AJ
    a Yes to Konrad
    a Yes for Gordon for another year at fullback or wing depending on the rest of the line up
    and Don is a 50/50 for me at the moment but I am swaying towards move him on

In the forward I would move Matthews and Greenwood on.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Funny to Read everyones opinions on different players. It's very much a mixed bag of likes and dislikes at the moments.

I'm a strong No to Elgey
    a No to Sami
    a No to Copley although everyone seems to love him at the moment
    a Yes to AJ
    a Yes to Konrad
    a Yes for Gordon for another year at fullback or wing depending on the rest of the line up
    and Don is a 50/50 for me at the moment but I am swaying towards move him on

In the forward I would move Matthews and Greenwood on.
    I would be interested to hear your reasoning for the bold. I could understand no to both but a yes to Konrad and a no to Copley has me puzzled

I think people too often judge people by there current form. I think Copley is doing great at the moment but the two years before he was very average in defence and often didn't offer much in attack also. So I guess I am making my judgement over the last two or three years rather then the first part of this year. He may stay good but to me it is risky.

Konrad is exactly the opposite of Copley. When he first came to us and most of last year he ran hard, made breaks and had a good impact. Yes he is out of form at the moment but in the long term I think he will come good.

I also think Cartwright will come good also but I am not as certain with him.

I guess I am not basing my opinion on current form but overall form in the last year or two.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Trouble with Oates is, why would he leave BrisVegas except to play in the pigs ... we want him on the wing. A big no to Kahu.
    You pay Oates pig money for the wing, hes worth it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I would be interested to hear your reasoning for the bold. I could understand no to both but a yes to Konrad and a no to Copley has me puzzled
    Same.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Junior

I think you have to give Copley credit where it’s due.
    In the last couple of weeks he has contained Chambers and Roberts and scored against them.
    Defensively he has been solid, which leads me to believe something Garth said about a change in the defensive structures to one he grew up with. So I agree last year there was some issues with defence but I think that a lot can be attributed to the structure breaking down (which ironically is exactly what happened on Saturday)
    He is quick, has foot work, passes and is a sound defender. To be fair I put him at the top of our centres at the moment.

I can’t see Brisbane letting either Oates is Isaako go at any rate.

If Koni sorted his hands out and ran at gaps rather half ****d at a body he might make a break rather than doing the highlight reel shot of a steamroll.

In saying that Lee’s fend goes alright and his passes accurate

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    You pay Oates pig money for the wing, hes worth it
    I'm all for this. Proven SOO rep player on the wing. Yes please.

Oates would be a pearler of a buy and would be worth every cent. Only thing that works against us is that he has publicly stated that he wants to be a backrower. Don't know why he does when he's such a good winger. Strong carrier of the footy and can find the line 9 times out of 10. Think his position wishes might count us out though unfortunately.