Page 98 of 165 FirstFirst ... 48 88 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 108 148 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2463

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I actually text'd a forum member about Barba today, he's in terrific form atm. Definitely worth getting back to the NRL, he's a player best suited to a squad that is near complete in terms of being a real challenge to the premiership which Titans are not.
    I think that's why Kevin Naqama keeps getting dropped. He'll head over to St Helens and Barba to the Tigers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Penrith must be laughing their a$$ses off at us for signing Latu & Carty.
    We can laugh too. They never played Rein and we get Peachey. Latu will come good. Cartwright (out of respect for Bods) will take longer.

Happy days people. Look at all this chatter. Good to have HS (BH) back in the forum more often too.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I think that's why Kevin Naqama keeps getting dropped. He'll head over to St Helens and Barba to the Tigers.

- - - Updated - - -

We can laugh too. They never played Rein and we get Peachey. Latu will come good. Cartwright (out of respect for Bods) will take longer.

Happy days people. Look at all this chatter. Good to have HS (BH) back in the forum more often too.
    Big call on saying Latu will come good, and that Carty eventually will too, in my opinion. Rein was a good pick up, I agree, but he wasn't needed at the Panthers anyway so it really wasn't any loss to them.

I am still very, very weary of the Peach signing one year in advance despite how he's playing now. I just hope and pray it doesn't come back to bite us, that's all.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 18-05-18 at 11:29 AM.

Live in hope, die in despair.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leagu...l1jpb2b8wo820g

Apparently we're after Shibasaki from the Broncos
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

^ That the bloke you were alluding to HS and Bods?

First Grader

Anyone know much about him?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    No he’s not my one. I’m sorry but I’m still waiting to hear back from someone about the guy I’m expecting to join us. As soon as I know I’ll be in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Anyone know much about him?
    I’m sure Mdrew could provide an analysis

Immortal

Post 130 on page

http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/sho...hould-be/page9

Quote Originally Posted by Titansborn'n'bred View Post
    I’m sure Mdrew could provide an analysis

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Different to the one I’m referring to. Shibasaki a good player though

Garth Brennan says the Titans can get the most out of incoming prop Shannon Boyd

TITANS coach Garth Brennan has defended the club’s $2.4 million signing of Canberra prop Shannon Boyd, insisting the 122kg giant will not be a bench warmer on the Gold Coast.

Boyd will beef-up Brennan’s engine room from 2019 on a four-year deal which will see him form a strong forward pack alongside Maroons prop Jarrod Wallace, captain Ryan James, emerging young gun Jai Arrow and Kiwi Test forward Kevin Proctor.

Boyd, 25, played four Tests for Australia during 2016 but did not make Mal Meninga’s Kangaroos squad for last year’s World Cup.

Boyd battled the bulge last season, ballooning to 130kg before losing his Kangaroos jersey, and has only averaged 35 minutes a game in 2018.

Boyd has been in good form for the Raiders but only plays limited minutes.

Former Queensland forward Billy Moore questioned the Gold Coast’s signing of Boyd, predicting his size could backfire if the NRL reduces interchanges.

But Brennan is adamant with the help of performance guru Hayden Knowles the Titans can transform Boyd into a destructive force capable of playing big minutes.

“I’m confident we will (get more out of him),” he said.

“We’ve got a great performance team in Hayden Knowles. He is very good at getting the best out of people and structuring their fitness systems to the person he is dealing with.

“Whether it be a winger or front rower he can adjust and personalise their training programs to get the best out of them.
    BIG FELLA: The prop every NRL team wants

“I’m not saying Canberra don’t, but Hayden is the best in the business to get the best out of players.”

The Titans are languishing in 15th spot on a five-match losing streak heading into today’s clash against Newcastle at Cbus Super Stadium.

But in his first year as coach, Brennan is quickly going about assembling a squad he believes can be competitive in the NRL next season.

Panthers dynamo Tyrone Peachey will join the Titans next season along with Boyd while Wallace has been locked up until 2022.

With youngsters Max King, Moeaki Fotuaika, AJ Brimson, Keegan Hipgrave and Arrow showing promising signs, the future could be bright for the Titans.

“People want to come to this club,” Brennan said.

“There are others there contacting me or the club saying ‘I really want to come to the Gold Coast’. These are representative players.

“Everyone at the start of the year looked at our squad and roster and said ‘you’ve got a good 17 but if injuries strike, you’ve got a lot of young guys to rely on’.

“We’re getting some class into the roster. We’re not finished there. We still want to build our roster.

“It’s important you have depth to be able to compete with the top clubs.”

Source: http:/www.couriermail.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

Hope I don’t make a Twat of myself but the mail I have is that young Eel Centre Tuimavave Afualo will be with us next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Hope I don’t make a Twat of myself but the mail I have is that young Eel Centre Tuimavave Afualo will be with us next season.
    Did a bit of digging and there was a post about that in February on the Eels forum, apparently wants to link back with Luke Burt. Never heard of the guy I must admit.

That was posted a while ago on the eels forum and someone posted it in here as well. He goes okay in juniors but he’s very Konrad esque. Titanic won’t like his haircut!

The player I’m talking about is a different one btw

Immortal

Mate I can guarantee that if he does not sign it will not be your issue