Page 156 of 165 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2463

Just on LG, I said on here a while ago now that I thought he would go well at Manly. I still think he will.

Also, these inane comments about campaigns and ownership. Some of us on here are all about what's best for the club. We can differentiate between Kane the Titans player and Kane the bloke.

Anyone that wants to wish Kane, the decent young bloke well for his future is entitled to do so. I won't miss him in the 6 for the Titans..and I believe his game will improve at Manly alongside DCE. That, in the end, makes me happy for him.

Best of luck, Kane!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i agree we are heading on wards and upwards.

Slow and steady wins the race unfortunately becasue if you rebuild your squad too quick the foundations aren't set well enough to sustain
    Exactly.

QLD Cup

Despite the fact that I've been one of his bigger supporters, I think that Kane moving to Manly is probably best for everyone involved. He deserves to be playing first grade and having an ex-halve as a coach should really benefit him. It's a shame to see him go because he seems like a really decent bloke and it's never nice letting go of local juniors. Unfortunately as far as I can see it just comes down to the fact that he plays a very similar game to Ash and we are paying him a lot (far too much IMO) of money. I guess the good thing is Kane isn't signed for too long elsewhere and if Ash doesn't start performing over the next two seasons and Kane does, questions will be asked. If that pressure doesn't get a response from Ash then nothing will.

I'm still not overly chuffed about signing Roberts again. If I believed Brennan about him only being depth than I would feel better bout it but something tells me that we are going to see him partnered with Ash before round 7 (that's how long Elgey got before he was booted for one of the coach's favourites). I'd like to know how much we payed for him and how much Manly got Elgey for..

I wonder how many spots we have to fill in our roster next year anybody know?

Inactive User

NZFan summarises well my fears. I really don’t want to see Peachey end up in the centres to accomodate TRoberts. Peachey/AJ need to be wearing the 1 and 6 jerseys barring injury. TRoberts as a utility is quite viable but the Peats/Rein thing is generally working well now except I don’t like how at the end of the match we tend to have them both on the park. That doesn’t seem to work very well to me. Makes our middle defence a bit too small too.I would probably give Peats 30 then Rein 30 then Peats the last 20 but I’ve gone off on a tangent now.
    It distressed me a bit that Mexican Titan has fallen off. Does anyone know what’s doing with MT?

He is also a Manly and Suns fan - so maybe check the rope store and the rickety stool store.

- - - Updated - - -

Im going to try and give some sense to recent comments made by Garth and Annelsey and see if it paints the picture - as it stands. there is a pres season to go so things can change of course but...

since Tyrone has been confirmed - Garth has listed AJ and Ash as our only half's despite Tyrone incoming. No mentioned of Tyrone their, as well as always holding firm that he is utility value prior to the official announcement

Annesley said overnight that Tyrone is a good back up half. also mentioned his influence around club as positive.

Neither comment make it sound like Tyrone Roberts is front and centre for a spot. he is a good value, good morale type, back up to the main show of AJ, Ash, Peachey and Gordon as far as i can read it.

Now... if we are to fit them all in... does anyone see Sami as a capable centre as yet?

If so, then the backline then becomes

1. AJ / Peachey
    2. Don
    3. Sami
    4. Copley / Brenko
    5. Gordon
    6. AJ / Peachey
    7. Ash
    -
    9. Peats
    -
    -
    -
    -
    14. Rein

If Sami isnt up to it yet, then he or Don would need to accommodate Gordon on thw wing as AJ or Peachey must be back there.

Even though AJ was stellar in that role on the weekend, i would still start him at 6 next year to stiffen up the front line and let Peachey work his way into our team with a bit of freedom
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 14-08-18 at 10:04 AM.

I think Sami had one or two games at centre this year but (from memory ) he had TRD or someone of similar inexperience outside him? I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will pick up on it. He's a big lad so maybe some muscle in the off season and he could be good in that position.

Maybe we should start a thread of our predicted line up for next year and see who gets closest?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I think Sami had one or two games at centre this year but (from memory ) he had TRD or someone of similar inexperience outside him? I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will pick up on it. He's a big lad so maybe some muscle in the off season and he could be good in that position.

Maybe we should start a thread of our predicted line up for next year and see who gets closest?
    He played his 4 games there last year, but wasnt proper NRL fit, this year he has a more NRL type body shape and has good lateral movement. Could be a Brian Kelly type natural at it.

i cant remember if he played 1 games there this year - 1 fell like he did play 1

Immortal

Sami has just played the one at centre which was against the Cowboys

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Sami has just played the one at centre which was against the Cowboys
    Yeah that’s right and he had TRD outside him and it went very badly defensively out there
    Long term i think Sami will be a centre but he’s still a bit small

Neil Henry rumoured to be linked to Manly too now in case anyones interested.

Dont rule out Rylee Jacks turning up in the number 6 jacket for 2019.

It was interesting hearing the other day that both Sami and Don's preferred position to play is fullback. They just have never had the opportunity at this level to consistantly get a crack at it.

If we can get our forwards rolling next year...we'll have enough strike power to score some points, that's for sure! And we should be able to launch raids from anywhere on the field, much like souths this year.

OMG how funny would that be if it does eventuate. Neil as head coach and Carty as his side kick. Deja vu much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post
    OMG how funny would that be if it does eventuate. Neil as head coach and Carty as his side kick. Deja vu much.

Get f'd
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

More likely Carty as head coach and Henry as his assistant. Oops peed my pants laughing, have to go and change now.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    It was interesting hearing the other day that both Sami and Don's preferred position to play is fullback. They just have never had the opportunity at this level to consistantly get a crack at it.

If we can get our forwards rolling next year...we'll have enough strike power to score some points, that's for sure! And we should be able to launch raids from anywhere on the field, much like souths this year.
    That would probably be because they do not even have the ability to play this position at Qcup level