Page 124 of 165 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 134 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2463

You mothaf c's

Hopefully uncle smacks some sense into him
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I just want to add that I don’t want to pay one cent of the Campaigners Contract out of our cap. Stuff that crap. Manly take over the contract or we just grant him a release and he signs whatever with them.

We do not help other clubs out especially Manly
    C'mon Bods get over it. I know Manly kept beating your former club in Grand Finals but that was a while ago!

As for helping Manly out - you take your pick. Either keep Cartwright here and pay full freight or off load him to another club and pay about 20% of his salary. It's called business.
    Manly are probably helping the Titans out more than the other way around. For the record I don't want him at Manly either.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    C'mon Bods get over it. I know Manly kept beating your former club in Grand Finals but that was a while ago!

As for helping Manly out - you take your pick. Either keep Cartwright here and pay full freight or off load him to another club and pay about 20% of his salary. It's called business.
    Manly are probably helping the Titans out more than the other way around. For the record I don't want him at Manly either.
    Ha Ha you had to bring up my former life didn’t you!!
    Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Good to see Chris Garry can read a newspaper article like I did. I mentioned this in a post above about a week ago. Funny how they say "first on 7". I think it was Paul Kent who had it stuck away in an article about something else on the weekend. I hope he doesn't go there but hope is lost on that front. Then again Manly have had some luck with Titans throw aways.
    At the Melbourne Storm game next week they are commemorating 10 years since the famous 40-0 win. They are selling souvenir t-shirts for only $15 if anyone wants one. Oh.
    Yep I need a new rag to wash the car with.

If that’s true then Brennan should man-up and admit Penrith sent him out with a poisoned chalice ... all the Panthers duds.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    If that’s true then Brennan should man-up and admit Penrith sent him out with a poisoned chalice ... all the Panthers duds.
    Yeah CartWrong has been negative publicity for us and an embarrassment, Latu a total dud and now people are questioning Rein selection and calling for LG to have the utility role.
    He’s had a shocker.

I don’t know... a little part of me wants to keep Cartwright. This year has been a debacle, but we all know the potential he has. I think seeing how he goes after a full pre season and some familiar faces like peachy would be good for him. I don’t think we’ve really given him a chance just yet. Don’t get me wrong, he’s been crap this year and his form has not warranted selection. I can’t help but think letting him go maybe a mistake.

Gould doesn’t do anybody favors unless it benefits Gould. On Cartwright, I also thought he was a good buy but it seems that ever since he discovered women his star has fallen ... wouldn’t be the first either.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Gould doesn’t do anybody favors unless it benefits Gould. On Cartwright, I also thought he was a good buy but it seems that ever since he discovered women his star has fallen ... wouldn’t be the first either.
    What about Peachey?

Rep Player

Disappointing news as I too thought Cartwright would be a good buy but as a club im tired over paying overs players who arent performing. For every Arrow, Wallace, Lee who we bring here to give an opportunity to that the grab with both hands there is a hayne, idris,proctor, dave taylor, latu and the list goes on who come here on a huge contract and just dont perform. Hopefully it frees up money for a shot at oates!

I don’t think Proctor’s a bust, he’s just not the most creative player going around.

The things i would do to bring Jahrome back..

Gold Coast Titans ponder offer to Josh Morris
    https://www.theaustralian.com.au/

Gold Coast are mulling over an approach to Canterbury centre Josh Morris as they consider shoring up their weakness out wide by convincing the former NSW State of Origin representative to finish his career in southeast Queensland.

The Bulldogs have asked to be kept in the loop on the future of the Morris brothers — Josh and twin Brett — but are facing a fight to retain the pair in the face of interest from far and wide.

The Australian revealed last week that Parramatta were interested in both Josh and his brother Brett, although they have since signed Blake Ferguson in a move which may scupper their move for the twins.

It is understood the Eels were the only club interested in signing the brothers as a package deal, meaning their hopes of playing together next season are all but over.

Cronulla have also been linked with Josh while St George Illawarra are believed to be monitoring Brett’s situation. The Titans have struggled in the centres this season, although they recently signed Dale Copley to an extended deal as they looked to strengthen their backline.

Brenko Lee has spent much of the season in the side but is off contract at the end of the year and is yet to convince.

The Titans also have Konrad Hurrell under contract, although he has more recently been in NSW Cup amid speculation he is free to leave if he can find another club.

Hence the interest in Josh Morris, one of Canterbury’s most consistent performers when he has been fit this year.

He has been restricted to 11 games but has scored six tries and defended strongly, the latter more influential in the Gold Coast’s thinking given the club has struggled defensively in the centres.

The Titans are building strongly for next year, having already recruited former Australian prop Shannon Boyd and Penrith utility Tyrone Peachey.

Josh Morris would give them experience and a steady hand out wide, as well as a strong influence in the dressing room.

The Bulldogs, however, will not give up without a fight, having improved their salary cap immeasurably by allowing Moses Mbye and Aaron Woods to make mid-season moves to the Wests Tigers and Cronulla respectively.

While the club isn’t in position to sign marquee names, they do have the capacity to compete for Josh Morris’ signature.

Brett Morris is another matter, the Bulldogs having already signed three wingers for next season. He could yet return to St George Illawarra given Dragons winger Jason Nightingale appears certain to retire at season’s end.

The Titans have done much of their work for next year with Boyd and Peachey poised to join on long-term deals. Peachey yesterday insisted he had no regrets about leaving the Panthers, having been lured north by Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan, who formerly worked at Penrith.

“I can’t wait to get up there next year,” Peachey said.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Brenko is so much more dynamic in attack, can players just be trained to defend? even if it took a year it would be worth persevering with Brenko or Koni than a stop gap Morris.

I think you and I have been singing for Jahrome to come home for years HS...years. a few on hear questioned us, said he was a depth player, or average...but i wish Ash Showed the same intent, focus, desire, professionalism that Jahrome does. he is almost Man of the match every time he plays,which isn't often as some because he has been plying his trade and football education in 2 premiership teams of the last 3 years, and has played with JT, Morgan, Lolo, Smith, Slater, Cronk, Munster, and coached by 2 of the very best in Green and Bellamy. He is going to graduate with honours and be a force once he gets his regular gig due to his steady development.

He is THE best fullback option and we could have kept him a few years ago, but chose Zillman FFS, and could probably have got him back until last year when he committed to storm for 4 years. next time his contract is up it will be a premium price.

He is probably the only player i ever really regret us losing, and i say that knowing we lost Keary, Cody Walker, Brian Kelly etc. maybe there is someone better we lost, but i can't recall it right now.
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 06-07-18 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    The things i would do to bring Jahrome back..
    Tend to agree, he's had good development elsewhere in recent years, and career-wise he should primed to go for 2019 onwards.