Page 8 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast
    Junior

This is from an NRL email:

"Under the 2017 contracting model, clubs had 25 players to choose from plus an additional 2nd tier salary cap. In the past if clubs needed to use more than this they made application to use additional players.

From 2018, clubs have an additional 5 players (30) to choose but no 2nd tier. Clubs can then make application to use more than 30 players from the development list (up to 6 players) and then players from the 2nd tier competitions (ISP in NSW and ISC in QLD) if they still can't field a team in position from the 30 +6 Development List players."

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leagu...xxzlod/slide/1

Lurker saying titans linked with Cordner as he is close with Garth Brennan. I never trust the lurker but boy I hope it is true, he can take that plodder Greenwoods spot, if he doesnt i sure hope that Morgan Boyle, Keegan Hipgrave, Max King or Ryan James does for the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leagu...xxzlod/slide/1

Lurker saying titans linked with Cordner as he is close with Garth Brennan. I never trust the lurker but boy I hope it is true, he can take that plodder Greenwoods spot, if he doesnt i sure hope that Morgan Boyle, Keegan Hipgrave, Max King or Ryan James does for the start of the season.

Surely they won't release him but great if we did get him.
    Psmitty

Left centre... what have we got? Sarginson and Copley .... ?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Left centre... what have we got? Sarginson and Copley .... ?
    You've also got Olive who is naturally a left centre despite playing right last year, as well as Elliot, Sami and Cooper. That's 5 competing for that spot, with another being a contender for the wing with TRD also around.

A lot of players with the potential hat on but nothing to get overly excited or confident about. I guess the battle between the young blokes for the spots will give pre season and trials some zest?

Simpkins receives NRL lifeline

Tony Webeck
    Wed 08 Nov, 2017, 1:00pm
    By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent,

The appointment of Garth Brennan as coach has already paid off for one Titans player with utility forward Ryan Simpkins issued an NRL lifeline that will see him link back up with his former Panthers mentor.

For the past two years Simpkins has finished the Telstra Premiership with uncertainty surrounding his playing future and when he ruptured his ACL in the opening minutes of his 50th NRL game earlier this year, a return to his trade as a plumber looked increasingly likely.

One of the most valued members within the playing group for the selfless way in which he plays, the skill he possesses with ball in hand and the clean-up work he does in defence, Simpkins was waiting to see who Neil Henry's replacement would be before deciding his future and struck gold when Brennan was announced as the new head coach last month.

Now 29 years of age, Simpkins won a NSW Cup premiership in 2014 under Brennan when he was at the Panthers and although the final paperwork is still yet to be signed off on, he has returned to training with the club in order to continue the rehabilitation on his knee injury.

"I was looking at my options elsewhere and possibly going overseas but most probably staying on the coast and going back to work," Simpkins told NRL.com of his alternatives had the Titans not offered a new deal.

His next challenge is to complete the rehabilitation on the ACL injury he suffered in Round 10 against the Storm after becoming a regular member of the Titans' 17, then push for selection in Round 1 against the Raiders.

"The last time I did my knee it was roughly seven months before I was back to full training so it would be after Christmas definitely but I'd be doing a lot of the running stuff through the first month or two," Simpkins said of the recovery. "It's more the contact and sideways movement stuff [that takes time].

"As long as there's not too many setbacks I should be right by the start of February for the trials which will be nine months [since the injury].

"Hopefully I can just start progressing and when I start running I can continue progressing.

"Strength-wise it feels really good so hopefully it all goes smoothly."

A strong advocate for Brennan's head coaching claims, Simpkins believes the new coach's personality and ability to communicate with players will help to bring back a playing group that became splintered towards the back end of the 2017 season.

With Agnatius Paasi the latest player to leave the club after receiving a release to join the Warriors next season there has been a high turnover of talent on the Gold Coast with the likes of Brendan Elliott, Brenton Lawrence, Jai Arrow, Jack Stockwell and Jai Whitbread all reporting for their first week as a Titan this week.

It was every player's first chance to see how Brennan's style will transfer to the high-pressure environment of an NRL head coaching role but Simpkins is confident he is a man who will get the best out of his players.

"It will be interesting to see how that evolves as a first grade coach but you speak to any of the players that have played under him, they all say the same thing. He's a coach you want to play for," Simpkins said.

"He's passionate and not in it for the glory of the money or anything like that. He's in it because he genuinely enjoys doing it and you feel that he takes a genuine interest in you as a person and as a player.

"He's got a blow-up in him. He can blow up as good as any of them and when it's time to train and work he's all business but away from football I feel he tries to get to know his players and wants more of a relationship than just player and coach."

http://www.nrl.com/simpkins-receives...2/default.aspx

Not sure if this was mentioned before.
    Psmitty

Not posted previously but predicted after his endorsements of Brennan ... an honest local but I hope we are raising the bar this year.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I have updated original post with what now looks like might be squad of 30 (unsure of developmental players), after checking training pictures etc. Let me know if I have missed anyone.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    I have updated original post with what now looks like might be squad of 30 (unsure of developmental players), after checking training pictures etc. Let me know if I have missed anyone.
    Missing Jai Arrow that I can see mate.

Quote Originally Posted by ja4220 View Post
    Missing Jai Arrow that I can see mate.
    Nope, he's there. I tried to list who I thought might be starters and then depth below them. I have him pencilled in as our starting lock with Proctor and Hipgrave as 2nd rowers. ��

Junior

Development Players - Brimson, Cooper, Matautia (So not top 30)

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    Nope, he's there. I tried to list who I thought might be starters and then depth below them. I have him pencilled in as our starting lock with Proctor and Hipgrave as 2nd rowers. ��
    Oops so he is, guess my coffee hadn't kicked in yet.

Joey Leilua anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Joey Leilua anyone?
    As in BJ Leilua from the Raiders? If so a huge no from me. The worlds dumbest human.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    As in BJ Leilua from the Raiders? If so a huge no from me. The worlds dumbest human.
    Theres an article that says we'll chase him if Hayne leaves thats why I asked, apologies.

Its in 'sports confidential II' daily telegraph if anyones interested, paywall for me atm.
    Last edited by NZTITAN; 09-11-17 at 09:16 PM.