Page 116 of 165 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2463
    Junior

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i dont know if i want Kane to go to Storm or Cowboys or somewhere and come back and TORCH us over the next 5 years to show us what let go, or if i want him to stay humble and local and play for tweed next year and earn back a gig with us over the next year or 2
    Actually that sounds quite plausible. With JT retiring, pretty sure Coote is off contract and out of favour, I could see Kane 7 TMM 6 and Morgan at 1.. and I think Greeny would be the type of coach that can cont8nue to develop Elgey.

Unfortunately i dont think kanes gonna be torchin anyone again. Hes attacking ability since his acl was poor and his defence even worse. Dunno how i feel about having roberts back but his combo with taylor was the best halves pairing we have had since 2010 prince rogers.

Really thought brimson would be the long term 5/8

Tyrone Roberts to leave Warrington at end of season
    http://www.skysports.com/

Australian half-back Tyrone Roberts will leave Warrington at the end of the year after just one season in Super League.

The 27-year-old joined the Wolves from NRL side Gold Coast Titans as a marquee signing but his three-year contract included an option to return home at the end of the 2018 campaign, which he has taken up for compassionate reasons.

"It's been a tough decision, but my family and I have decided to take up the option to head home to Australia at the end of the season," said Roberts.

"Since moving here I've found it really tough to adapt and being so far away from family back home made it harder.

"My family and I have loved our time here in Warrington and we would like to thank the club and staff for being so welcoming.

"I'd like to thank the boys as well. They're a good bunch of lads and I'm proud to pull on a jersey each week with them.

"I am 100 per cent committed to the club and the boys and I are keen to bring a trophy home at the end of the season."

Warrington, who are third in Super League and in the semi-finals of the Challenge Cup, have been linked with a move to lure former St Helens playmaker Kyle Eastmond back from rugby union as a marquee player.

Warrington chief executive Karl Fitzpatrick said: "We understand and support Tyrone's reasons for wanting to return home and wish him all the best for his future.

"He is fully committed to the team and the club for the remainder of this season as he's keen to enjoy a successful finish to his time at Warrington and in Super League.

"Work has already commenced on recruiting a replacement."
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I just remember when we got Roberts from Newcastle a Newcastle fan put him on ebay for 99 cents with no reserve trying to sell him as a joke. Yes he combined well, but he was capable of rocks and diamonds and we seem to be filling a team of players that are rocks and diamonds and not consistent.

Inactive User

Why would you get rid of a potential representative player with youth on his side and is a local junior in LG for an older mercenary list clogger in TRoberts.
    It defies logic.
    It also makes Brennan’s chest beating about development and future proofing the Gold Coast as hollow as when he said Hurrell was his favourite Centre in the NRL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Why would you get rid of a potential representative player with youth on his side and is a local junior in LG for an older mercenary list clogger in TRoberts.
    It defies logic.
    It also makes Brennan’s chest beating about development and future proofing the Gold Coast as hollow as when he said Hurrell was his favourite Centre in the NRL.
    LG has a looonngg way to go before he is a representative player and I see your point Bods but it's not as if we are paying 500k for Roberts. We would likely be paying close to a sausage roll and a can of coke. It's not exactly a life or death situation. Especially when there is no halves on the market either.

Do you think the better option is to keep a 500k+ player in QCUP for a couple of years until he may improve? I like LG, he's a local boy and tries hard but we can't afford that. And he won't want to stay with a paycut, when super league teams and other NRL clubs are apparently lining up for him. Best of luck to him if he does leave. It's a shame but that's footy.

If they offered LG and Roberts the same contract and LG turned it down then so be it. if they didn't even open negotiations with LG and offered Tyrone the termite (for you bods) a contract then I think that is poor form.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    If they offered LG and Roberts the same contract and LG turned it down then so be it. if they didn't even open negotiations with LG and offered Tyrone the termite (for you bods) a contract then I think that is poor form.
    That is true, but you would have to think that the club wouldn't be prepared with paying 500k or anywhere close to that. I heard we were offering/did offer him a largely reduced contract.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I’m 100% in agreement with what you are saying (and it was witty)
    There’s no way LG can be offered the same contract as he’s on now.
    We have to make an offer though and see if staying home is Enough to keep him here.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 19-06-18 at 10:34 AM.

What about Iliesa Ratuva from Sunshine Coast Falcons, winger and only 26.

Ran for 131 metres and scored a try in the bears loss...Anyone watch the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    What about Iliesa Ratuva from Sunshine Coast Falcons, winger and only 26.

Ran for 131 metres and scored a try in the bears loss...Anyone watch the game?
    He's like 19. Went to King's College in Auckland last year.

He's a promising young player in the Melbourne system and the next Vunivalu in their eyes. Wouldn't let him go. I watched the game and he wasn't overly impressive on the weekend either. tbh About bout 95 of those metres were from an intercept run which resulted in his try. Forgiveable considering it was his ISC debut though (I think). For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure his opposite winger in Leo ran for more metres despite it being 90% red-zone work.

Rep Player

If LG gets better money elsewhere then he can take it and as much as Id hate to lose a GC junior he isnt worth his current wage. There is no need for us to pay for pre injury potential and ignore an ordinary 2 years and an absolute liability in defence. Some players just never recapture their form after big injuries. If by chance he leaves becomes a superstar then so be it id be happy to be proven wrong. But to me this isnt a Brian Kelly, GL situation where we let potential superstars go without giving them a try. LG has had 2 years and just hasn't stepped up. Im happy with the Roberts signing as I imagine it wasnt a huge fee and we now have a plug in utility in case we get nailed by injuries. Thats what we need!

Some of the logic here seems a little off fellas.

Kane isn't going to attract offers of his current wage anywhere (assuming 500k based on media but none of us really have any idea as it is). So the whole argument that he isn't worth ~500k kind of collapses I think. We wouldn't be willing, or requiring to pay him that much to stay.

I think the frustration here comes from the dollar for dollar value of T Roberts versus Elgey. Assuming that Kane would have stayed for the amount of money within the scope the Roberts has been offered, with all things considered, I can see why Kane is preferred by a fair few.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    He's like 19. Went to King's College in Auckland last year.

He's a promising young player in the Melbourne system and the next Vunivalu in their eyes. Wouldn't let him go. I watched the game and he wasn't overly impressive on the weekend either. tbh About bout 95 of those metres were from an intercept run which resulted in his try. Forgiveable considering it was his ISC debut though (I think). For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure his opposite winger in Leo ran for more metres despite it being 90% red-zone work.
    Ok cool, I thought he was born 1990 or something similar... So Leo still a better option then?
    We need speed, anyone else out there with speed to burn?

DAN NORTON – UNKNOWN TIME (100M)
    The England Sevens star is undoubtedly one of the fastest rugby players in the world, not just in sevens, but in the 15-man game too. Norton’s 100m time is unknown, but he did a time of 4.78 for the 40m, which is incredibly fast, and just behind Rokocoko’s 4.66 seconds. Norton definitely hits his top speed in the 60-70m mark, and should fit comfortably into any “world’s fastest players” list.

30 years old.. I read somewhere Rugby 7s players only get $50,000 - $60,000 a year. could be wrong though.

Inactive User

No other news source at this point has picked up this TRoberts/Titans story, so I’m feeling a little more hopeful The Mole is wrong.