Page 89 of 165 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2463

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Very pleased with this news, definitely was a bit worried that he may walk! I'm with everyone else, don't think we need Boyd at all. I thought we could perhaps do with a Haas or TPJ type front rower but what I've seen with MoFo (so much easier to spell) he seems to have the goods.

I still see Elgey in our long term plans and Brimson moving to fullback so a strike winger would be a must in my opinion. Peats, Ash, Elgey, Copley, Sami, Hurrel (I think he'll bounce back) and Gordon until we find that extra player would be my backline moving forward
    I'm confused by this entire sentence but I can only hope and pray that you did not just name our best back and lord & saviour, King Copley, on the wing outside of Sami the squire

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    Titans have one in their backyard. Troy Leo playing ISC for Burleigh at moment.
    Yeh, Troy Leo is the kind of flashy winger I'd look at. Fast too. Honestly we should look in our backyard more often. Burleigh are at the top of the table and they have a lot of good players...Blake Leary has been putting up solid numbers for them and he's only 27. Would be good cover for our second-rowers IMO. Brayden McGrady has also been killing it for Tweed leading the whole comp in tries and is a decent centre. Sami Sauiluma, another centre, has always been solid too.

Good on Garth for sticking to his guns, he has just sent a message out to the nrl that we won't be a stop gap team for players.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    Titans have one in their backyard. Troy Leo playing ISC for Burleigh at moment.
    was going to say this as well. probably a small handful of people that might catch him - Bevan French, the Fox and James Roberts.

Cant think of anyone else who would round him up.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    was going to say this as well. probably a small handful of people that might catch him - Bevan French, the Fox and James Roberts.

Cant think of anyone else who would round him up.
    Mark O'Dare could

Surely we could compete with Rugby 7's in terms of the pay..
    Some of the outside backs would be perfect, at least even in a development type contract.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Mark O'Dare could
    😂 haven’t heard that one for while

I wonder if JWal could use the "I was concussed when I agreed to the contract" further down the track kind of like Judas and his "that can't be my signature because I don't know how to write" excuse.

I honestly didn’t care which way Wallace went to be honest. Don’t get me wrong I’m happy he has signed with us, but I’m happy we didn’t play to his tactics and get into negotiations. I love how Brennan just stuck to his guns and Wallace had no more plays left. But what really made me not care, was the media. It’s like they don’t want good players to stay with us, and push as hard as they can to fuel meaningless stories. And for the record, Boyd would be a reallly poor option.

Over the moon with the JWal news, I was afraid we'd lose him to Newcastle to be honest.

Boyd is overrated in my opinion, I hope this puts the idea of him coming here to bed. He'll most likely end up at Newcastle.

We just have no reason to be signing more forwards at the moment. Focus on resigning the ones we currently have, and scout the market for wingers/centres/halves. Simple as that.

Inactive User

The fallout and hatred which would have been directed at us if Wallace went elsewhere would have been full on.
    I’m so relieved.

Totally agree Bodsie ... it's just a pity that they can also report that he took himself to Red Hill and accepted a ticket to Newwy which sort of deflates all the "I love the boys and being home" stuff ... anyway with the nucleus of our team signed that leaves some breathing space to sort what else we can rope in.

I really like the observations coming from the Forum about potential wingmen and must admit to being impressed by Lee's club debut ... yes he had a few glitches but the positives outweighed the negatives plus he showed he could score a try and catch the ball, a forgotten skill in our #4 jersey. He's young and has some real potential.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

If Lee is a defensive liability then surely he belongs on the wing. He will provide us good kick returns and dummy half running.
    I still believe a spine of Brimson, LG, Taylor, Peats is the one that takes us to be a real contender.

Surely we can get LG on a relatively small contract for a playmaker at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Mark O'Dare could
    He could do it easily.