Page 112 of 165 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 122 162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2463

What a complete tugger Cherry Bog Breath is. Currently way overpaid on his long term contract and has cracked the sad face. Now I do recall that most of the negotiations were with Rebecca Frizelle when she was chairman of the board.
    She found out through the media that the boofhead had backflipped.
    When he did get around to making a call to her, Rebecca refused to take his call.
    Rebecca is now a part owner so I would guess that hell may freeze over before the Titans would even entertain the idea of moving his ego anywhere near here.
    Nice to see Manly and their superstar in the poo. Ohh the serenity.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Wasn't Canavan gone from the Titans by the time we got Joe Greenwood?
    I’ve been wrong before

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Yeah well I can’t stand DCE but I also remember for years people yelling out “wife basher watmough” at the game when he was involved in the play. So I’m not motivated by anything he says.
    Yeah I didn’t know that ,scum bag if it’s true

With Mbye off to the tigers, and tigers having an abundance of backs, would anyone look at Lolohea if he became available?

Is he too spotty / unreliable? too much of a behaviour attitude risk? or has his performance never quite reach the level his early talent projected?

I would be willing to give him a go, but i doubt it would be a slam dunk compared to an almost fantasy signing like Gutho or a super solid option like Jahrome Hughes

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    With Mbye off to the tigers, and tigers having an abundance of backs, would anyone look at Lolohea if he became available?

Is he too spotty / unreliable? too much of a behaviour attitude risk? or has his performance never quite reach the level his early talent projected?

I would be willing to give him a go, but i doubt it would be a slam dunk compared to an almost fantasy signing like Gutho or a super solid option like Jahrome Hughes
    An interesting one DB. I thought Lolohea was pretty fair but the blokes on Fox doing the half and full time summary of the Tigers game last weekend were really giving it to him. As ex players they should be in a position to have a decent opinion and they all just generally had little respect obviously for him as a player. I was a bit surprised.
    As for Jahrome Hughes, every time I see him play it is obvious he belongs at NRL level.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post

Lolo is fat, look at his belly...Im yet to see him fit.

Gutho is a fantasy signing?
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Lolo is fat, look at his belly...Im yet to see him fit.

Gutho is a fantasy signing?
    Gutho would be a supreme signing for FB, and one that is probably beyond hope.

Elgey among group of Titans yet to secure future
    Neil Cadigan - http://www.nrl.com

Gold Coast five-eighth Kane Elgey's future remains in limbo as he attracts offers from home and abroad.

The Titans head into their round 15 clash with the Bulldogs on Saturday with five of their selected players still unsigned for next season, including winger Anthony Don who celebrates his 100th game for the club at Belmore Sports Ground.

And the club has not moved on Elgey, who has fielded interest from three Super League teams and three others in the NRL, according to his manager Chris Orr.

The number of unsigned players in the 17 to take on the Bulldogs was six until Wednesday when prop Jack Stockwell re-signed for next season, but it still leaves Don, centres Brenko Lee and Dale Copley, second-rower Keegan Hipgrave and interchange hooker Mitch Rein yet to secure their futures.

Copley has been made an offer to stay and is yet to give the Titans an answer, while coach Garth Brennan said he was keen to retain Don. Head of football Phil Moss will begin negotiations soon.

Hipgrave is keen to stay but has also fielded several offers, Rein has an option his way for next year but is negotiating for a possible upgrade of that deal while Lee continues to be on trial before the Titans enter negotiations.

It is unlikely Elgey, playing for Tweed Heads in Queensland's Intrust Super Cup since round seven, will be with the Titans next season unless he gets a reprieve in the near future.

Orr said the 24-year-old former Holden Cup player of the year, who was the Titans' golden boy when he signed a three-year deal in 2015, would like to stay with the club, or certainly in Australia, but has been the subject of keen interest from Super League clubs.

Warrington and Catalans Dragons (who boast former Titans stalwarts David Mead and Greg Bird) are believed to be two of those who have approached him. With regained confidence, he could be a sensation in the Super League but he believes can still cut it in the NRL.

Brennan said: "There's been no progression on Kane. His management is out there testing the market, they'll come back to us, we know there is some interest in Kane.

"Donny is a fan favourite and a favourite of mine, so we'll sit down with Donny's management and see if we can keep him on board a bit longer.

"We're waiting on Dale and there are some offers out on Keegan at the moment but we're keen for him to stay. So we'll hopefully get a few guys across the line an in the next few weeks."

Don, 30, has scored 58 tries in 99 games since his debut as a 25-year-old in 2013 and has become a genuine cult figure at the Titans, after failing to play any rep football while growing up in Grafton before his breakthrough season of 2010 when he scored 40 tries and 71 goals for the Grafton Ghosts and approached the Burleigh Bears for a trial in 2011.

It was three seasons later before he became a regular NRL player but has since been a revelation, standing second on the Titans’ all-time try-scorers list behind Mead's 67 in 147 matches.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Please Kane, come to Catalan!! With Tomkins and him it's a real threat for the title next yr.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

GOLD Coast rookie Alexander ‘AJ’ Brimson appears to have worked his way into the Titans’ long-term plans but the future of the man he has replaced is far less certain.

Still only 19, Brimson has displaced fellow Tweed Heads talent Kane Elgey in the halves and is signed with the club until 2020.

Five-eighth Elgey, in and out of the team during the last two seasons while struggling with a number of injuries, is off contract and yet to begin negotiations with the club.

Penrith utility Tyrone Peachey, who can play in the halves or centres, will join the club next season while halfback Ashley Taylor has renewed with the club on a rich long-term deal.

Titans CEO Graham Annesley confirmed the club was yet to begin negotiations with Elgey, who looks likely to depart given his manager Chris Orr told NRL.com that three Super League teams and three other NRL clubs had shown interest.

Elgey was flying when he signed a three-year NRL deal with his home club in 2015 but hasn’t managed to rediscover his touch since injury ruined his sophomore season.

Brimson has emerged as a handy replacement though, holding his own in defence against world-class forward Sam Burgess in Friday’s 18-16 loss and averaging 82 running metres a game.

In endorsing the teenager, Annesley said the club was unlikely to go shopping for another high-profile playmaker.

“Not at this stage; we’ve only got a few more spots up for grabs,” he told AAP.

“We don’t have a huge amount to spend, so I would doubt that.

“Negotiations haven’t started with Kane and (Peachey) doesn’t just have to play in the halves, so that’ll be up to the coach.”

The club has already landed Canberra’s representative prop Shannon Boyd while coach Garth Brennan is hopeful of retaining boom forward Keegan Hipgrave despite interstate interest.

Set to play his 100th NRL game this weekend, Anthony Don is also expected to be offered a contract extension while Brennan has indicated his desire to retain off-contract centre Dale Copley.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...58991314182c2e
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I was under the impression that Copley had signed ... that’s disappointing. Elgey, Hipgrave, Lee, Don and Copley are all must keeps. Boyd and Peachey plus some emerging talent like Leo would give us the stability we need.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I just can’t see LG staying. I don’t feel the club will offer the money he wants.

For me Hipgrave is an absolute must. Lee or Copley might struggle when Peachey arrives so who knows.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    I just can’t see LG staying. I don’t feel the club will offer the money he wants.

For me Hipgrave is an absolute must. Lee or Copley might struggle when Peachey arrives so who knows.
    I think Kane would stay for a bit less money than offered elsewhere. You tend to think though that the Super League clubs may be offering something substantial though.
    There’s no doubt he would be a star over there.

QLD Cup

I can't see Kane staying either. Not only does he deserve more money than we can offer him but he has a right to be aggrieved with the treatment he has had since Brennan arrived. He has been the scapegoat for a middle and edge defence that failed miserably in the early rounds. I can still remember Brennan saying he was happy with Cartwright's shocking performances right before dropping Kane and shifting Cartwright to five-eighth.

He's been ripping up for Tweed from what I'v seen, not only setting up tries but also scoring them. AJ has been going okay but our attack looked so much better in the early rounds. Ash has been below average this year as well. He's certainly not justifying what we pay him.

Prioritising signing Don as well?!... Come on.

Signing Hipgrave should be the main focus right now.

I’ll be pi$$ed if Elgey leaves! Mark my words this day Thursday 14th June 2018. He will be one of the greats!