Page 130 of 165 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2463

What I don't understand is that he's our first choice back up half, surely our depth is an issue and with Taylor potentially playing origin next year surely we want some depth rather than losing halves.
    Last edited by Randomologist; 14-07-18 at 12:49 PM.
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Randomologist View Post
    What I don't understand is that he's our first choice back up half, surely our depth is an issue and with Taylor potentially playing origin next year surely we want some depth rather than losing halves.
    yep ... how our first and only choice back-up half isn't getting a run, in lieu of Rein in particular, is baffling.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

One might assume that perhaps the Tyrone Roberts rumours may come to fruition if neither Rein nor LG are re-signing or are being offered a deal.

On another note, please tell me we are't getting Chris Mcqueen back. That would be a waste of money.

Jesus what i would give to hear Garth has a relationship with Kikau and Luai and both are coming. that is a forward / half combo to build a team around like Alfie / Lazo, Locky / Webcke, JT / Matt Scott.

Both electric, young and incredible talents.

NRL clubs that get new coaches , seem to go on to bigger and better things in their first year , eg Roosters , Rabbitohs , Cowboys. Where we seem to struggle , if we miss the finals again next year , where do we go

Quote Originally Posted by Titan68 View Post
    NRL clubs that get new coaches , seem to go on to bigger and better things in their first year , eg Roosters , Rabbitohs , Cowboys. Where we seem to struggle , if we miss the finals again next year , where do we go
    Tigers are struggling at the moment. Dogs are worse. Rabbitohs have done well. That's this year. Which of the four clubs with new coaches has the most $$$$$ behind it and an international and Origin roster?

Quote Originally Posted by Titan68 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Tigers are struggling at the moment. Dogs are worse. Rabbitohs have done well. That's this year. Which of the four clubs with new coaches has the most $$$$$ behind it and an international and Origin roster?
    Those coaches that you are referring to walked into teams that were regular finals contenders. Ricky Stuart won a grand final in his first year...... What'a he done since when he has had to work with a limited roster like we have.
    Bellamy couldn't have fixed us this year, granted we might have a few more wins and less bad ref's decisions but we would not be a top 8 team.
    Seabold couldn't have done the same job at the Titans that he has done with the rabbits because he inherited a very good team that had gone stale under their previous coach.
    For the one that is going on about Brennan playing favourites, what coach doesn't?? Every league team has a player in their team that fans cannot understand why he is there other than the coach believes in him.

Brennan has a chance to shape the roster and should be given a chance to show he can do it. Granted there will be frustration along the way but seriously we have 2 kids in the half's some very average centres and wingers that are at best reliable or again kids. Would I love to see some new blood,yes, but that will just further deplete any experience we have. The fact that there are players that have not been offered contracts says to me that he is starting to get an understanding of the players around him and is attempting to make changes.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Brennan has a chance to shape the roster and should be given a chance to show he can do it. Granted there will be frustration along the way
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

Those coaches that you are referring to walked into teams that were regular finals contenders. Ricky Stuart won a grand final in his first year...... What'a he done since when he has had to work with a limited roster like we have.
    Bellamy couldn't have fixed us this year, granted we might have a few more wins and less bad ref's decisions but we would not be a top 8 team.
    Seabold couldn't have done the same job at the Titans that he has done with the rabbits because he inherited a very good team that had gone stale under their previous coach.
    For the one that is going on about Brennan playing favourites, what coach doesn't?? Every league team has a player in their team that fans cannot understand why he is there other than the coach believes in him.

Brennan has a chance to shape the roster and should be given a chance to show he can do it. Granted there will be frustration along the way but seriously we have 2 kids in the half's some very average centres and wingers that are at best reliable or again kids. Would I love to see some new blood,yes, but that will just further deplete any experience we have. The fact that there are players that have not been offered contracts says to me that he is starting to get an understanding of the players around him and is attempting to make changes.
    There are many more than ONE that says he plays favourites

Rep Player

Absolutely spot on ozynorts!! I dont get all the Brennan hate it seems to be because he hasnt named the squad that THEY want. Its absolutely frustrating as all **** at the moment given we are one of the few clubs that has not seen a lick of improvement over the last 5+ years but im happy to give Garth the benefit of the doubt to shape the squad he wants and move on those who he doesnt see as apart of the future of the club. This club was only just privately purchased and even then its going to take a good few more years to repair the ****show that is going on behind the scenes. Some players need to take a good hard look at themselves but the coach isnt the issue at our club right now

Inactive User

^^^^ yeah that’s the way, criticise The Coach or call him to account and it gets re-labelled as “hate”......tell you what I don’t get, people being verballed and having their arguments revised into emotive irrelevant words.

Why bother with a forum then if this is going to happen.

“Brennan Hate”....please.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^^ yeah that’s the way, criticise The Coach or call him to account and it gets re-labelled as “hate”......tell you what I don’t get, people being verballed and having their arguments revised into emotive irrelevant words.

Why bother with a forum then if this is going to happen.

“Brennan Hate”....please.
    chip on your shoulder there bods. Wonderful thing about this forum is we can all put our 2 cents in and even though I dont agree with some opinions im not going to throw my toys out and I dont know why you think its sole directed at you? so ill re-rephrase I dont get the "negativity" towards Brennan. I think it starts with the players this season and ill withhold judgement on Brennan until his squad is shaped
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 16-07-18 at 06:18 PM.

Inactive User

^^^^ damned straight I have a huge chip on my shoulder, am an angry ant...but I’m happy now.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^^ damned straight I have a huge chip on my shoulder, am an angry ant...but I’m happy now.
    its what the club needs mate! My neighbours hear a steady stream of expletives during every game but id rather be a passionate (also angry) fan then a fair weather donkeys fan like a majority of people im surrounded by in CQ. Like Henry and Carty before him our coaches need to answer for selection and performance and if things dont begin to move in the right direction next year than Brennan has to answer

Just because we wanna have a bite on selections doesn't mean we are polishing the guillotine.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER