Page 95 of 165 FirstFirst ... 45 85 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 105 145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2463

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Has he signed a contract to backflip on is the first question
    The rule is a club cannot announce a signing until the cooling off period has ended.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Im happy to get Boyd - with exception of Proctor who came form the top system in rugby league, Wallace, Arrow, King have shown you can improve and make your mark in our squad and i think Boyd can return to his best. This dude will be our only Australian international, although i can see a day in 3-4 years when our pack is similar to the dragons pack right now and we have 3-4 SOO and a couple of internationals in there.

As for exactly where everyone plays? I guess lazy option is to move james to backrow, but i think if Carty, Peachey, Hipgrave or whoever can come good and lock down that side, we keep James in middle and have a better rotation through the middle and someone will have to suck it up and come of the bench which ultimately serves the team and keeps us strong for the whole 80.
    Lazy option? Are you just stirring me up??I said earlier as soon as Boyd signed that surely James now becomes Considered a 2nd rower.
    Been pushing for him to be an 80min 2nd rower all year as he’s a dynamic runner when on song and he can be the strongman for a 5/8 like LG.
    Where’d you pull “lazy” from?

PS and what’s this term “Carty”? That’s an affectionate term and he’s on outrageous money and hes not putting in. On money like that he needs to earn some respect.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 16-05-18 at 06:33 PM.

Ha not a shot at you at all.

I meant for the coaches not to just lazily think 'oh James has played second row, we have Boyd so James goes back there now so we have our best players all starting and all the big names can feel good.'

No, think about it strategically and develop a system or rotation that bests serves the team which i think means stacking the middle rotation, and at least one big dollar player coming off the bench.

James CAN play second row just fine, although his lateral movement on line is a bit dicey, but when in the middle is when he is BEAST MODE and his best work comes i believe. He does all the dirty defence in the middle, and he and Wallace can play bigger minutes to let Boyd / MoFo be more impact players. He can rotate into second row for a spell to accommodate those guys as well, but his A1 Best spot is at prop i'm certain of it.

as for Carty - it's not about respect, just a lot quicker than typing Cartright out, and i never remember if there is 'w' in there somewhere as well. 'Carty' doesn't yet deserve my full effort or mental capacity to type 4 more letters or ponder the existence of a possibly 'w'.

I personally hope that AJ smashes it and stays in the halves. My take on Peachey is he’s not a playmaker , apart from plays for himself. No one really knows what he is doing and most times I don’t think he does either.

Gordon for me is great at FB and worth his weight in gold when combined with his kicking, something which hasn’t been our strong suit.

Initially, Peachey for me in the centers and if flash departs (which I hope he doesn’t for at least 2019) then I’d have him at fullback.

I like the Boyd signing , maybe not the 4 year bit, but his size and age will certainly add some bang to our pack. He has a fair bit of mongrel in him which I hope still has some room to expand.

I do feel LG is on the outer, especially when Peachey gets here.

I’m excited for this weekend and will go have a look at how this team plays.

2019 on the other hand , I feel is looking brighter than we have for a long while.

Very happy with Garth.

Inactive User

Ha not a shot at you at all.

I meant for the coaches not to just lazily think 'oh James has played second row, we have Boyd so James goes back there now so we have our best players all starting and all the big names can feel good.'

No, think about it strategically and develop a system or rotation that bests serves the team which i think means stacking the middle rotation, and at least one big dollar player coming off the bench.

James CAN play second row just fine, although his lateral movement on line is a bit dicey, but when in the middle is when he is BEAST MODE and his best work comes i believe. He does all the dirty defence in the middle, and he and Wallace can play bigger minutes to let Boyd / MoFo be more impact players. He can rotate into second row for a spell to accommodate those guys as well, but his A1 Best spot is at prop i'm certain of it.

as for Carty - it's not about respect, just a lot quicker than typing Cartright out, and i never remember if there is 'w' in there somewhere as well. 'Carty' doesn't yet deserve my full effort or mental capacity to type 4 more letters or ponder the existence of a possibly 'w'.
    now I feel like a tool or more of one than usual. Respect to you DB.

Where to play everyone is going to be a huge issue from here on, the positive will be that it keeps everyone on their toes.

also, if we can get Moses Mbye for a song as ive seen somewhere - that would be a good long term option as he and AJ can then be the 1 and 6 combo, working out who plays what later.

Gordon is fine for next year, but doubt he has much left after that, and Moses will only be this cheap once

also, if we can get Moses Mbye for a song as ive seen somewhere - that would be a good long term option as he and AJ can then be the 1 and 6 combo, working out who plays what later.

Gordon is fine for next year, but doubt he has much left after that, and Moses will only be this cheap once
    Good call on Mybe DB. I feel the same way. Disappointed in the halves last couple of years, but has been really good this year at fb. Particularly if Bulldogs are part-paying his salary.

I am a bit torn on the Boyd signing. Seems like he might have been insurance if Wallace left, but were then obligated given we had made the offer.

On one hand, it is rare that a 26 year old international prop hits the market, but I would hate to think it restricts our ability to retain some of our impressive youngsters. Looks like King, Hipgrave and Stockwell are off-contract and I would be disappointed if we can't match other teams bids for them because of Boyds contract.

If we line up next year with Boyd, Peats, Wallace, James, Proctor and Arrow, our bench forwards might be Cartwright (if form lifts) to cover backrow and then 2 of King /Hipgrave / MoFo / Stockwell / Boyle / Latu depending on who we re-sign. I love Hipgrave's aggression, really impressed this year by King's workrate and MoFo has made 2 line breaks in limited minutes over last 2 weeks. Don't know where Stockwell stands given his relationship to Brennan. Also got Latu sitting in qcup (currently warranted) but only a couple of years ago he played City-Country.

Good to have depth but would hate to see Hipgrave and King go.
    Last edited by Ausphin; 16-05-18 at 07:54 PM.

Lachlan Coote apparently reached out to us and wanted $600-$700k and we turned him down. Right move imo.

What's with all the 4 year signings? Very dangerous territory of you ask me.

First Grader

I believe Mbye is on 900k a year currently, if we could get him for 500k that'd be great. Realistically though I'd imagine the max the dogs would want to cover would be 300k.
    Last edited by Upthetits; 16-05-18 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    I believe Mbye is on 900k a year currently, if we could get him for 500k that'd be great. Realistically though I'd imagine the max the dogs would want to cover would be 300k.
    I know it’s not always right but according to Zero Tackle Mbye is on $750k.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Lachlan Coote apparently reached out to us and wanted $600-$700k and we turned him down. Right move imo.
    This needs a thumbs up icon.

Mbye would be a dangerous signing IMO. We have had enough failings with signing people on reputation and potential ability. Ask any Bulldogs supporter if they would be happy to see him go. He plays well every fourth or fifth game.

Mbye would be awesome. I’ve always held the hope that Elgey would come good but it is looking less likely now. Just look at the amount of money we have in reserves with Elgey, Hurrell, greenwood and Cartwright. We can surely chase a speedy back/Centre.

The money may be in reserve grade but it's still in our cap. We have so many players off contract this season that I can't see us re-signing LG. Greenwood has stated he's happy earning in reserves. But with AJ, Copley, Don, Elliot, Hipgrave, King, Lee, Rein, TRD, Simpkins, Stockwell, Whitbread all off contract this year I'm starting to worry.

What about young tonumaipea? on the cheap