Page 133 of 165 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2463

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Hipgrave has signed on for 2 more years & has taken a lot less than the Knights offered him, this is a great signing for the club & a real show of faith to Brennan

Nice to see we have a real ‘Clubman’ in the making
    That's marvelous. Total respect for him.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Great signing, your dollar goes further in Nerang.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Look what happens when you invest in local juniors they will stay for less and love the jumper
    The master plan.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Someone should point that out to Annesley and Brennan
    You really are something Bods. The club resigns a local junior, something that you have made clear is mandatory, and you still manage to turn it into a negative....
    Last edited by ozynorts; 19-07-18 at 07:39 AM.

Great news! Now we just need to temper him and get his aggression working in his and our favour. He reminds me of a young Watmough. He'd benefit greatly under the wing of an older workhorse type player that can control their aggro and use it to great advantage. Like the effect Kennedy had on Watmough.

This young pack is going to look great in a year or two if the coach can mold them!

Can anyone post up the Tyrone Roberts article from the Gold Coast Bulletin??

Fantastic news about Hipgrave, turning into my new fav player. He is like an unguided teenager with the passion of Charlie Conway and The Mighty Ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Can anyone post up the Tyrone Roberts article from the Gold Coast Bulletin??

Fantastic news about Hipgrave, turning into my new fav player. He is like an unguided teenager with the passion of Charlie Conway and The Mighty Ducks.
    Former Titan Tyrone Roberts could return to the club — if he accepts one thing
    Emma Greenwood, @EmmaGreenwood12, Gold Coast Bulletin
    July 19, 2018 4:00am
    Subscriber only
    TYRONE Roberts will have to embrace his value as a utility player if he is to make a return to the Titans.

Roberts will return from Super League at the end of the season, cutting short his three-year deal at Warrington with he and wife Brittany homesick and looking to bring their two young children up around family in Australia.

Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan, who has had a long association with Roberts through their connection at Newcastle, is interested in bringing the 27-year-old back to the Titans but said he would have to accept a role as a utility player.

That was a sticking point for Roberts last year in drawn out negotiations with the Titans to extend his deal.

And with other NRL clubs reportedly interested in him as a starting half and AJ Brimson entrenched in the No. 6 at the Titans, Roberts may be lured elsewhere.

“I think the biggest thing (Roberts) has in his favour — and the biggest attraction for me off the back of how AJ (Brimson) is playing — is the utility factor,” Brennan said.

“After he left last year and Karl Lawton went to New Zealand, we don’t really have anyone in our roster who can do that utility role.

“Tyrone can cover us at No. 1, he can cover us in the halves, he can cover a few positions, which we just don’t have in the club. And that was a position in the club which I was looking at filling.

“Whether Tyrone’s willing to come back in relation to that role, I’m not sure, that’s probably the sticking point.

“He’s got some offers in other clubs who probably see him as a straight out half, as a No. 6 and I think that’s where he wants to play.”

Tyrone Peachey will join the Titans from Penrith next season but seems certain to start in the centres, with Brennan loathe to use him as a utility despite his ability to cover several positions.

Roberts helped the Titans to the finals in 2016 playing at five-eighth and has a great understanding with Ash Taylor.

And while Brimson could eventually end up at fullback, that won’t happen in the near future.

The Titans are likely to hold further discussions with Roberts and his manager Warrick Wright once he has fielded offers from rival clubs.

“There’s nothing from our end at the moment, that’s with his management,” Brennan said.

“I know he’s fielding offers from some other clubs over here.

“After he’s received his offers from other clubs we’ll sit down with him and work out where we sit in relation to it.

“If we can accommodate Tyrone, that’d be great, if we can’t, then we wish him all the best.

“But it’s something that I certainly would entertain if we could afford it.

“At the end of the day, it’ll come down to what he wants to do and where he wants to go to but he is good for Ash, it gives us depth in the halves if we do lose Ash or AJ to injury or lack of form and he does cover a number of positions and that utility role is something we are looking to fill.”

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    You really are something Bods. The club resigns a local junior, something that you have made clear is mandatory, and you still manage to turn it into a negative....
    Thanks for the compliment. I’m alluding to the two backward retrograde choices of Rein over Lawton and The Termite Over LG. Diabolical decisions.

Having said that I’m extremely encouraged Brennan is making it clear now that he’d have to be a number 17 utility if he comes here.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 19-07-18 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Former Titan Tyrone Roberts could return to the club — if he accepts one thing
    Emma Greenwood, @EmmaGreenwood12, Gold Coast Bulletin
    July 19, 2018 4:00am
    Subscriber only
    TYRONE Roberts will have to embrace his value as a utility player if he is to make a return to the Titans.

Roberts will return from Super League at the end of the season, cutting short his three-year deal at Warrington with he and wife Brittany homesick and looking to bring their two young children up around family in Australia.

Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan, who has had a long association with Roberts through their connection at Newcastle, is interested in bringing the 27-year-old back to the Titans but said he would have to accept a role as a utility player.

That was a sticking point for Roberts last year in drawn out negotiations with the Titans to extend his deal.

And with other NRL clubs reportedly interested in him as a starting half and AJ Brimson entrenched in the No. 6 at the Titans, Roberts may be lured elsewhere.

“I think the biggest thing (Roberts) has in his favour — and the biggest attraction for me off the back of how AJ (Brimson) is playing — is the utility factor,” Brennan said.

“After he left last year and Karl Lawton went to New Zealand, we don’t really have anyone in our roster who can do that utility role.

“Tyrone can cover us at No. 1, he can cover us in the halves, he can cover a few positions, which we just don’t have in the club. And that was a position in the club which I was looking at filling.

“Whether Tyrone’s willing to come back in relation to that role, I’m not sure, that’s probably the sticking point.

“He’s got some offers in other clubs who probably see him as a straight out half, as a No. 6 and I think that’s where he wants to play.”

Tyrone Peachey will join the Titans from Penrith next season but seems certain to start in the centres, with Brennan loathe to use him as a utility despite his ability to cover several positions.

Roberts helped the Titans to the finals in 2016 playing at five-eighth and has a great understanding with Ash Taylor.

And while Brimson could eventually end up at fullback, that won’t happen in the near future.

The Titans are likely to hold further discussions with Roberts and his manager Warrick Wright once he has fielded offers from rival clubs.

“There’s nothing from our end at the moment, that’s with his management,” Brennan said.

“I know he’s fielding offers from some other clubs over here.

“After he’s received his offers from other clubs we’ll sit down with him and work out where we sit in relation to it.

“If we can accommodate Tyrone, that’d be great, if we can’t, then we wish him all the best.

“But it’s something that I certainly would entertain if we could afford it.

“At the end of the day, it’ll come down to what he wants to do and where he wants to go to but he is good for Ash, it gives us depth in the halves if we do lose Ash or AJ to injury or lack of form and he does cover a number of positions and that utility role is something we are looking to fill.”
    Thanks for that

Thanks for the compliment. I’m alluding to the two backward retrograde choices of Rein over Lawton and The Termite Over LG. Diabolical decisions.

Having said that I’m extremely encouraged Brennan is making it clear now that he’d have to be a number 17 utility if he comes here.
    my controversial take on the difference between Rein and Lawton is that Rein is an NRL player. Lawton is not.

Channel 9 News tonight confirmed that LG will leave Titans at the end of this season. Apparently in talks with 3 Sydney clubs.

If Kane goes and tears it up at another club then I'll be absolutely furious that our coaching staff wasn't able to improve him here (since not many players seem to improve at this club). Heads need to roll if it does pan out that way.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    If Kane goes and tears it up at another club then I'll be absolutely furious that our coaching staff wasn't able to improve him here (since not many players seem to improve at this club). Heads need to roll if it does pan out that way.
    On the other hand I would be happy seeing him fulfill his potential.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    Channel 9 News tonight confirmed that LG will leave Titans at the end of this season. Apparently in talks with 3 Sydney clubs.
    I’m sad. Well done everyone from within and outside that campaigned against him.

Email from the club.

TFH Gold Coast Titans forward Keegan Hipgrave has today agreed to terms with the club for a further two years, through until the end of season 2020.

The Nerang Roosters junior joined the club mid-way through season 2018, before making his debut against the Sydney Roosters in the final round of last year.

Since that time, the 21-year-old has made 14 NRL appearances and made a name for himself as a tough enforcer on the field.

Coach Garth Brennan is excited about Hipgrave’s future as a Titan.

“I’ve said a number of times how much of a fan I am of Keegan,” Brennan said. “He’s a tough player who loves everything about the game of rugby league.

“Everything he does is at a million miles an hour which I love.”

“He’s shown this season he has that versatility to play either in the middle or on an edge which definitely helps the balance of our squad moving forward.”

CEO Graham Annesley echoed Brennan’s comments.

“Keegan is a fan favourite and every other player wants to play alongside him,” Annesley said.

“He is a local junior and a great clubman who brings enthusiasm and passion to everything he does”.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Unfortunate to hear about Elgey but it was the right call in the end sadly. Brimson is playing some great footy lately and although he is a future fullback, I don’t think Elgey was the answer for us. But the bloke showed heart and his 2015 season was great. Best of luck to him wherever he goes.

On the other side of things, re-signing Hipgrave is fantastic news! Shows such passion and energy whenever he is on the field and only knows one speed. Hopefully stays with the club for a very long time to come. And hopefully we see him mature as a player and start to use his aggression in better ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Badel reported on sportingnews.com.au that Brenko Lee has agreed to terms for a 1 year extension with us. Took a pay cut to stay with us and was fielding offers from 2 other Sydney clubs. I’m happy with him staying. Still only young and will continue to develop, has offered a lot to our attack, especially getting us some yardage coming out of our own end.

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Unfortunate to hear about Elgey but it was the right call in the end sadly. Brimson is playing some great footy lately and although he is a future fullback, I don’t think Elgey was the answer for us. But the bloke showed heart and his 2015 season was great. Best of luck to him wherever he goes.

On the other side of things, re-signing Hipgrave is fantastic news! Shows such passion and energy whenever he is on the field and only knows one speed. Hopefully stays with the club for a very long time to come. And hopefully we see him mature as a player and start to use his aggression in better ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Badel reported on sportingnews.com.au that Brenko Lee has agreed to terms for a 1 year extension with us. Took a pay cut to stay with us and was fielding offers from 2 other Sydney clubs. I’m happy with him staying. Still only young and will continue to develop, has offered a lot to our attack, especially getting us some yardage coming out of our own end.
    Peachey to Centre, Brenko to Wing, Sami to Reserve grade