Page 155 of 165 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2463
    Inactive User

Teke is spot on there has been maybe 3 or 4 of us standing up for LG whilst the rest have been either indifferent or nasty about him. Then all of a sudden now that the campaign to shaft him in favour of our Million Dollar Sook and the recycling of The Termite has succeeded we hear this shallow LG sad to see go blah blah

Anyone who campaigned for this should own it

That post is no shot at you personally 101 because I don’t know what your own stance and posts on him has been. The only ones I’ve noticed to have dug in a bit for Kane has been teke and HS.

Just because he's a local junior and had a few good games in 2015 doesn't make him beyond criticism though. I've owned plenty of things on this forum - one being that Ash sucks right now when at the start of the season I thought he'd eventually improve and that Elgey was the problem - it wasn't. Another being that I actually said I wanted Roberts back a few months ago - wtf was I thinking? Maybe others should do the same.

Inactive User

^^^ I’m no expert on what you have been saying 101 and that’s why I said it wasn’t directed at you because for all I know you may have at times been supportive of Kane.
    It was for the wider audience my previous post.

In terms of our squad though we’ve gone from a Local Junior with his best years ahead of him that is a handy playmaker and great clubman/community contributor who can’t tackle to a journeyman heading into the latter stages of his career that is a handy playmaker that’s a Termite and who also can’t tackle.

It doesn’t make sense to me from a Human Resources point of view logically.

It must be purely being done in the hope that his presence makes our Million Dollar Halfback feel pleased and excited about his footy.

Fancy making recruitment decisions based on making a marquee player happy

Bit like how at some training stables they give the champion horse a miniature pony to keep it company and keep it happy.

Extraordinary stuff.

There’s every chance though that it does all work and if so I’ll be thrilled more than anyone to eat my words.

Back to the action
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 12-08-18 at 03:25 PM.

First Grader

Former Broncos star Ben Hannant says the Titans would risk undoing a season of steady gains by chasing Wayne Bennett for any role.

The master mentor is reportedly close to ending his second stint at Brisbane, in turn leading to calls for the NRL club’s southern neighbours to gauge Bennett’s next career move.

However Gold Coast product Hannant, who spent three seasons under Bennett at Brisbane, says the club has shown enough under rookie mentor Garth Brennan.

“I’d love nothing more than to see the Titans successful,” Hannant said.

“Wherever Wayne goes he’d bring great leadership and experience – he’s one of the bets man-managers in our game.

“But I think the Titans are on track at the moment.

“They have a long-term plan over the next three-to-five years and I don’t think they’d give that up.”

Hannant also rejected the idea of Bennett moving into a head of football role – a post temporarily mooted for Mal Meninga earlier this year – in fear of a potential Anthony Griffin-Phil Gould power struggle developing.

“I don’t think (Bennett) could (help oversee a football program) because Garth Brennan would have his philosophies already,” Hannant said.

“The Titans have backed Garth for the next three seasons and are happy with him.”

While Saturday’s last-gasp loss to Penrith kept the Titans mired in wooden-spoon territory, Hannant says the playing group are at least buying in – a trait questioned at times during the Jarryd Hayne-interrupted 2017 campaign.

“Their game a couple of weeks ago (against the Warriors) was the best they have had in a couple of years,” he said.

“The players are accountable too, which is the hardest thing.

“They’re on the right track but you are kidding yourself if you think it’s going to happen over time. The good thing is the effort is there.”

Titans co-owners Rebecca Frizelle and Darryl Kelly have both rejected the need to chase Bennett.

“If Wayne goes anywhere it will be back down south,” Hannant said. “He’s one of the best coaches I’ve ever had.

“But where there’s smoke there’s fire and it’s just business and it’s not about if they’re a good bloke or not.”

Junior

Titans playmaker Kane Elgey bound for Manly Sea Eagles in 2019
    AUGUST 11, 2018
    UNWANTED Titans playmaker Kane Elgey has secured his future in the NRL after signing a two-year deal with Manly.

Elgey has finally closed the door on months of uncertainty by agreeing to terms with the Sea Eagles, with the lure of playing alongside Daly Cherry-Evans a key factor in his decision.

Elgey had interest from the Bulldogs and Knights, but has settled on Manly, finalising his future in the lead up to Gold Coast’s clash with Penrith.

The 24-year-old has fallen out of favour at the Titans. Elgey started the premiership in the No. 6 jumper but he has played just seven games this season, axed by coach Garth Brennan after a form slump that paved the way for AJ Brimson’s debut.

Elgey has struggled since missing the 2016 season through injury. Picture: Jerad Williams
    A former Australian Schoolboys halfback, Elgey burst onto the scene at the Titans with an impressive rookie season in 2015, but he has struggled for confidence in his return from a knee reconstruction.

Manly first targeted Elgey two years ago after his maiden NRL campaign, but the Gold Coast product opted to stay loyal to the Titans, signing a two-year extension.

But with Elgey having lost his way at the Titans, the playmaker hopes a move to the Sea Eagles, working with Cherry-Evans, can reignite his 42-game NRL career.

The departure of Elgey could open the door for Melbourne playmaker Ryley Jacks, who held talks with Brennan last week.

The Titans have offered Jacks a 12-month deal but the parties have yet to agree to the financial terms.

Brennan confirmed his interest in former Burleigh and Sunshine Coast schemer Jacks, who has won 20 of his 24 career games at the Storm.

Elgey will get a fresh start at Manly.
    “We’re talking to his management,” Brennan said.

“Ryley has been in a good system and comes highly recommended.

“We’ve had some discussions and I’ve met with him but I’ve left that up to the recruitment committee to make the decisions and what they do from there.

“He would add some depth to the club,

“At this stage the only recognised halves we’ve got in our squad for next year are Ash Taylor and AJ Brimson.

“We need depth in that area and some coverage.

“That’s an area we lacked early in the year.

“Whether it’s Ryley or someone else, we’re looking for someone to add some depth to our squad.”

Shows he really isn't considering Roberts as a half next year

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    My first thought also. So we have a 80 minute hooker or rein is dropped for Roberts? Interesting to see how this plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    "Abuse" lol. And it's his tackling technique that's the problem, not which side he's defending on. I'll be sad to see him go but that's one area of his game that I won't miss.
    His technique is directly related to how uncomfortable he looks defending on that side, it's not the full story obviously but it's a factor.

He's not dying so you'll get to see him play for the Mighties next yr
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Following the announcement of Kane Elgey's signing with the Manly Sea-Eagles for season 2019 and 2020, we sat down with the Tugun junior to talk about the move south.

Video - http://bit.ly/2B7nm2s

Elgey to depart Titans

Following the announcement of Kane Elgey's signing with the Manly Sea-Eagles for season 2019 and 2020, we sat down with the Tugun junior to talk about the move south.

Elgey admits he hasn't had the greatest of year's but after spending time with the Tweed Seagulls in the Intrust Super Cup, the 24-year-old has found his love for the game again.

"It was heartbreaking at the start but it was good to work with Ben Woolf," Elgey said.

"I think at one stage we won seven in a row and it was good to get some confidence. I was generally happier as well."

The move to Manly will give Elgey a similar lifestyle to what he has here on the Gold Coast, which was definitely a factor in the decision.

"It's a good part of the world and we'll be able to live near the water. I've got a few friends down there as well so it should make the transition a little easier.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Gold Coast Titans boss Graham Annesley has ruled out a move for former Bronco Joel Moon
    https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/

TITANS chief executive Graham Annesley says the club remains in the player market for 2019 but has ruled out a move for former Broncos and Warriors utility Joel Moon.

Rumours of Moon’s potential return to the NRL surfaced over the weekend after he was linked to the Gold Coast by UK Super League commentators during Leeds’ 48-22 win over Toulouse.

The 30-year-old, who spent three seasons at the Broncos and Warriors after making his NRL debut in 2006, joined Leeds from Salford City in 2013 and has gone on to score 75 tries in 164 appearances for the Rhinos.

A centre or five-eighth, Moon last month told English media his future was yet to be decided, but with the Titans last week announcing they had lured Tyrone Roberts back to the club from Warrington, he won’t be headed to the Glitter Strip.

“I think we get mentioned when anyone’s name comes up. We have had no discussions about (Moon), his name hasn’t been raised by us,” Annesley said.

“He’s not on our radar. We have done most of our recruiting for next year. We have got a few spots left, not for the high profile players but for those a bit further down our list.

“Tyrone was with us (in 2016-17) and was great around the club. He’s a good utility player, he can kick goals and will be a good back-up half for us.

“He’s had a great year in the UK and will be a great bonus for us.”

News of the Roberts signing was followed by an announcement from Manly on Sunday that unwanted Titans half Kane Elgey would join the club on a two-year deal.

A Tugun junior, 24-year-old Elgey has played just seven NRL games this season after being axed to the Intrust Super Cup with Tweed Heads.

“It’s always sad to see players move on and although he’s a local junior it’s just not possible to keep them all. He’s obviously had a pretty difficult time over the last few years since his (knee) injury but we wish him all the best,” Annesley said.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

^^^ Calamity Annesley playing his I’m such a great bloke card in that last paragraph but in reality insulting our intelligence. It was very possible to keep LG but he decided to shaft Kane in favour of The Termite.
    What utter rubbish.
    Another season under Calamity Annesley where no great steps forward for our club has taken place except Junior Development finally after we lost a stack of amazing talent during his tenure so far.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 13-08-18 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I thought the same, and it gives me confidence in Garth as a coach. His long term plan is becoming a little clearer in my eyes, and it makes sense. Why not model ourselves on a club like Melbourne? You know how the storm have players that are able to cover many positions during a game if needed...and play those positions well? It gives your side confidence knowing that you have coverage. Well imagine us next year with Peach, Roberts, AJ....

I've been thinking all along that this year would be about building, experience and developing nrl toughness in our younger players.

I feel next year is going to be a very good year for us!

i agree we are heading on wards and upwards.

Slow and steady wins the race unfortunately becasue if you rebuild your squad too quick the foundations aren't set well enough to sustain