Page 136 of 165 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2463

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I'm guessing this is probably a big part of why we got him. I wouldn't be surprised if he's been assured of a starting spot to come here. For me, I'd have him at centre but encourage him to rove during the starts of sets - just like he does when he comes from the bench.

On the Elgey issue, I'm pretty disappointed to see him leave but you can't really blame him. I'm surprised he's linked to the bulldogs when they have so many young halves coming there already. I'm not sure what Sydney teams would actually need him as he's more of a 7 than a 6 and they are all pretty settled halfbacks. Of all the clubs, I thought Canberra would have had a decent play at him by now and got him paired up with Sezer again.

It's pleasing to hear that Newcastle have entered the frame to sign Roberts. I just don't think we need him back here again. I'd much rather have Norman.
    Agree 100% about Peachey needing to roam. He'd carve teams up in broken play from fullback, but then again, he does that now from anywhere.

I have absolutely nothing against LG. I just don't think he's ever found the form of his break out year. I thought Manly might have shown a little interest. He would probably partner DCE well. I don't buy into that "You need one half to run and one to organise" crap. I believe you need two attacking halves and a good defensive structure throughout your side, including a solid scramble defence.

I don't know. I genuinely like the bloke and wish things had turned out differently for him here, but at the end of the day...you have to get wins to be successful.

i can accept Lg is going even if i dont think we have a better option yet.

I do think our BEST attack this year is when he was in team as the second man to Ash's pass behind the lead runners.

I dont think the dogs are the best fit as they are a **** show. What can he learn there when he will just as much pressure from a new coach and rabbid fan base.

I was hoping he could get picked up into souths or dragons system as a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Hipgrave resigns. Great news!!!!
    Yeah, nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    I have absolutely nothing against LG. I just don't think he's ever found the form of his break out year. I thought Manly might have shown a little interest. He would probably partner DCE well. I don't buy into that "You need one half to run and one to organise" crap. I believe you need two attacking halves and a good defensive structure throughout your side, including a solid scramble defence.

I don't know. I genuinely like the bloke and wish things had turned out differently for him here, but at the end of the day...you have to get wins to be successful.
    But our win rate with LG in the team is 50% better than without him (3 out of 7 vs 3 out of 11).

I’ll grant you that 3 out of 7 still isn’t anything to write home about, but the win rates with and without LG in the team do suggest that having him in the team was far from our biggest on-field issue.

I'd love to see what AJ and Kane could do in the halves together, sadly won't happen cause it would make brennan look stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    But our win rate with LG in the team is 50% better than without him (3 out of 7 vs 3 out of 11).

I’ll grant you that 3 out of 7 still isn’t anything to write home about, but the win rates with and without LG in the team do suggest that having him in the team was far from our biggest on-field issue.
    exactly. He was never our main problem and 10 odd rounds on we haven't improved, if anything our attack has gone backwards.

Garth must have his reasons, but i guess its his coaching career, if he wants to sabotage it, go right ahead buddy.

I'm starting to think the problem is a bit bigger than who plays 6, don't you? It seems we can't compete for 80 mins. Is it a fitness problem? We don't appear to be overly tanked. Is it a mental issue? Do we have access to a good sports psychologist?

I've said before that I'd like to see AJ and LG get a run together, but I'm not sure what the real problem is. What I'm starting to assume (based on nothing but a hunch) is that we are struggling with the way Brennan goes about his business. Ash looks like he is playing with the weight of the world on his shoulders. I don't care about his silly little smirks when he stuffs up, that's just his immaturity shining through.

I wonder if the coach has pulled him aside and said something along the lines of, "I'm putting all my eggs in your basket. I'll back you, but now it's on you. Don't drop the basket".

This year was always going to be about building and settling, but by this stage I was expecting that the coach would have instilled discipline, commitment, self bellief, determination and staunchness. Silly penalties and brain explosions are crueling us no end.

The players to a man need to take on ownership for their performances. We seem to be struggling to form that tight knit, do it for each other and back your mate to the bitter end, win at all costs and execute effectively mentality that I was hoping for by now.

I genuinely believe it is a mental issue within the team. Close games when we are down by 4 or 6 with 10 to go, have shown that we don’t know what to do or how to win the game. We are lacking that experience to close out those tight games, due to having a team with a mix of youth and inexperience in big games. Look at Melbourne, the big 3 have been in those situations and they know exactly how to deal with them. Also we seem to be a team where if we start making an error or two and get ambushed then we completely go off the rails and lose our heads. Error after error in crucial moments.

And I agree on Taylor, something is seriously up with him. Started the year and even mid year so confidently and looked like he was enjoying his footy. Now he looks to be panicking and just doing stupid things. Someone needs to sit him down and remind him how good of a player he can be when he just goes out there and has fun. Unfortunately when he is down on form, the rest of the team is down too.

I’m looking forward to the future with guys like AJ, MoFo, Arrow etc leading us into a bright era and we have shown that we can compete with the best of them when we are on, however we lack consistency and that to me is a mental thing that we need to sort out somehow. Until we do that I don’t know how we will ever see success.

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    I genuinely believe it is a mental issue within the team. Close games when we are down by 4 or 6 with 10 to go, have shown that we don’t know what to do or how to win the game. We are lacking that experience to close out those tight games, due to having a team with a mix of youth and inexperience in big games. Look at Melbourne, the big 3 have been in those situations and they know exactly how to deal with them. Also we seem to be a team where if we start making an error or two and get ambushed then we completely go off the rails and lose our heads. Error after error in crucial moments.

And I agree on Taylor, something is seriously up with him. Started the year and even mid year so confidently and looked like he was enjoying his footy. Now he looks to be panicking and just doing stupid things. Someone needs to sit him down and remind him how good of a player he can be when he just goes out there and has fun. Unfortunately when he is down on form, the rest of the team is down too.

I’m looking forward to the future with guys like AJ, MoFo, Arrow etc leading us into a bright era and we have shown that we can compete with the best of them when we are on, however we lack consistency and that to me is a mental thing that we need to sort out somehow. Until we do that I don’t know how we will ever see success.
    Yeah, I agree. We are a young side so perhaps I'm being a bit hard on the coach...he is new here himself. Anthony Seibold had at least a year as an assistant at souths to get his head around the way things run and who's who. Not that I'm comparing Seibs to Garth...
    Last edited by Menoitios; 21-07-18 at 07:41 PM.

Souths with that roster got schooled by the Tigpies ... Taylor’s carrying far too much weight imho.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Roberts over Norman. Roberts is starting to settle with a young family. Norman is a bag pig party animal. Do not want that anywhere near the club. Keep out the riff Raff.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Souths with that roster got schooled by the Tigpies ... Taylor’s carrying far too much weight imho.
    did you mean metaphorically or physically? both apply in my opinion

Couldn't agree more Upthetits. We need to keep as far away from this type of character (no di..heads) as possible. Roberts brings way more than Norman ever could and is a family man and genuinely a good guy on and off the field.

First Grader

I would have thrown TPJ $800k rather than the $600k at Boyd. TPJ can play both edge and middle which Boyd is only a middle. He would be the best in our forward pack including Arrow imho

I've been backing the signing of Roberts. He's a genuine footballer with all the attacking skills. To crucify him for wanting to play 80, just like every other player in the comp is ludicrous.

How has he earned the title termite?? What damage did he do to the club?? Did he or Ash ever refuse to take the field if not in the 6 or 7?? No! He always did what was asked of him on the field.

A huge yes for Roberts and a massive no to Norman.

It's funny though isn't it...what we want and what we get isn't always the same thing...but we'll continue supporting