Page 119 of 165 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2463
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    It's only The mole but still a rumour that we are looking to offload Bryce...

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/06/23/...yce-cartwright
    It would be like winning the Lotto if it happened but who in their right mind would take him? We are stuck with him.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    It's only The mole but still a rumour that we are looking to offload Bryce...

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/06/23/...yce-cartwright
    I wouldn't buy into that at all. If he wants to stay he isn't going anywhere. If it was him saying that he wants out then I'd be more inclined to think it is true. He looked alright down the right edge linking up with Koni for Tweed last weekend too. Also never been a huge fan of Elliot but he's looking more like an NRL player these days. We are starting to build some decent depth in the squad which is pleasing.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I wouldn't buy into that at all. If he wants to stay he isn't going anywhere. If it was him saying that he wants out then I'd be more inclined to think it is true. He looked alright down the right edge linking up with Koni for Tweed last weekend too. Also never been a huge fan of Elliot but he's looking more like an NRL player these days. We are starting to build some decent depth in the squad which is pleasing.
    Just how can we get rid of him without having to foot the bill. Just a terrible signing from A-Z.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    It would be like winning the Lotto if it happened but who in their right mind would take him? We are stuck with him.
    Maybe a Super League team? Even that might be difficult enough as it is though. No way any NRL team in their right mind would take him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Just how can we get rid of him without having to foot the bill. Just a terrible signing from A-Z.
    Only thing I could think of is to try and swap him for someone in the Super League. Not sure what else you could really do there.

this is one of the negatives to Garths 'sign them long term and give security' especially when they haven't proved themselves at the club.

Neil Henry would sign lots of undervalue players and then resign and upgrade based on merit - Pulu, Paasi, Copley, Tyrone for example - plus some that didn't work, but the beauty was that if it didn't work you weren't stuck with a 3/4 year contract like we will be with Bryce.

Still think the overwhelming successes of our squad are Henrys recruits. Hopefully Garth can start kicking some recruitment goals ( Boyd and Peachey hopefully work out )

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Still think the overwhelming successes of our squad are Henrys recruits. Hopefully Garth can start kicking some recruitment goals ( Boyd and Peachey hopefully work out )
    I dont think he can go wrong with those 2 signings for next season.

His big moveshas to be a complete cleanout of the backline, my opinion is worthless but i cant wait to introduce my 2019 Titans squad, it's going to get the mighty Titans rock n rolling next yr
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

QLD Cup

Didn't know where to put this article but thought some people may want to read it.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league...rs-and-nz-home

Disappointed we lost him for Rein, but hopefully he can grow as a player and we can entice him back once his contract is up. His versatility is something we have missed this year.

On the plus side, at least he went to the Warriors and plays for my second favourite team now.

Inactive User

^^^ absolutely ridiculous letting him go and the push to move another talented and loyal local junior in LG out is just as obscene. There are people who are Titans fans and there are those that are Gold Coast fans.
    Gold Coast fans believe in local junior loyalty over playing moneyball.

From the Mole.....

Carty party to end at Titans?

My scoop last week on the Titans trying to offload marquee signing Bryce Cartwright just months into a rich four-year deal has caused plenty of comment.

As always, there is more behind it than Cartwright’s poor off-field form.

Titans officials haven’t been impressed with the utility star’s application to training and rehab in his brief time at the club.

He also recently bought a Range Rover for his partner from a rival dealership to Titans chairman Rebecca Frizelle and posted it on social media - and it went down like a lead balloon.

I’m hearing there is little interest in Cartwright from rival NRL clubs and he may need to have a stint in England to revive his sagging career.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Didn't know where to put this article but thought some people may want to read it.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league...rs-and-nz-home

Disappointed we lost him for Rein, but hopefully he can grow as a player and we can entice him back once his contract is up. His versatility is something we have missed this year.

On the plus side, at least he went to the Warriors and plays for my second favourite team now.
    He's playing good, injury free footy for the Warriors. Shame he couldn't do the same for us.

Talk about crapping on your own doorstep.

Jog on mate

Inactive User

How bad is what The Mole has written.
    What is it with us and so called marquee signings
    Idris, DTaylor, Hayne and Cartwright all disappointing for a variety of reasons.
    Penrith and Gus must be having a good old laugh at Brennan and Annesley.

When will Calamity Annesley learn to not have a rush of blood and stop doing these stupid headline grabbing signings.

Junior

[QUOTE=JunctionBlock;384202]
    He also recently bought a Range Rover for his partner from a rival dealership to Titans chairman Rebecca Frizelle and posted it on social media - and it went down like a lead balloon
    - - - Updated - - -

Well since Uncle Nick owns the Gold Coast Landrover dealership maybe Bryce can go to the Roosters. They would have the salary cap space

I'm not by any stretch a Cartwright fan and in fact the opposite but who buys their partner a Landrover? I think that the partner wanted THAT Landrover and he felt compelled to buy it. Our Chairperson should feel rightly peeved.

Speaking of peeved, we are not the only ones who are down to 27 in their squad ... the 'Dogs minus Mbye, Woods and Suli are too ... what great company we are keeping just saying. There could be some fines coming up because at last count Manly only had 25 ... again according to the increasingly unreliable FoxSports.
    Last edited by Titanic; 26-06-18 at 01:05 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Salary cap squeeze means Roberts no certainty for Titans return
    Author Neil Cadigan Timestamp Tue 26 Jun 2018, 04:34 PM

Garth Brennan has admitted he would love to see the return of utility back Tyrone Roberts to the Gold Coast next season but a lack of salary cap room is standing in the way of a reunion.

Roberts, who last week announced he is taking up an option to cut short his three-year contract with Warrington Wolves in Super League, is on his way back to Australia and there have been reports suggesting a deal has all but been done to return to the Titans.

Brennan, who has known Roberts for years, said the club had certainly spoken with his manager Warrick Wright, who also looks after their marquee halfback Ash Taylor, but the status of the Gold Coast's cap spending for 2019 precludes them making a substantial offer to Roberts.

The 27-year-old had the most consistent season of his career in his first season with the Titans in 2015 when, in the absence of injured Kane Elgey, he combined well with Taylor in taking the team to the finals. Last year, Neil Henry used him in a utility role after playing in the halves and hooker in 2016.

Roberts went to England on a lucrative deal, but he and his partner are terribly homesick and will return home at the end of the season.

He began slowly for the Wolves, who have made the Challenge Cup semi-finals and stand fourth on the Super League ladder, before his form has picked up in the past month.

Roberts’s first preference is to be reunited with Taylor on the Gold Coast and the Titans’ interest also confirms Elgey will not be at the club in 2019.

The release of English forward Joe Greenwood has freed up some space but he was on little more than $200,000 for next season, so it may mean the Titans would have to negotiate to offload other players to cater for Roberts.

They look to be over-committed with front-rowers with Shannon Boyd joining skipper Ryan James, Jarrod Wallace, Max King, Morgan Boyle, 18-year-old top prospect Moeaki Fotuaika and Leilani Latu, who is believed to be on a rich three-year deal after signing from Penrith.

"I have spoken to Tyrone’s management but I don’t think we can get anywhere near the money he is on [at Warrington}," Brennan said.

"I believe there are other clubs who have shown interest too. One of the roles we are looking to fill is a utility role. We lost Tyrone who played that role last season and Karl [Lawton] at the start of this year.

"To have someone who can cover nine, seven, six and one is a real attraction. But whether he is willing to come back in that utility role and on that sort of utility money is the stumbling block."

How contract talks pan out with centre Dale Copley, young tearaway forward Keegan Hipgrave and winger Anthony Don in the next few weeks may determine where Roberts ends up.

It is believed Copley’s re-signing is close to being confirmed.

In team news, the Titans have included Queensland prop Jarrod Wallace in a 22-man squad to take on Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday with the under-fire prop returning after missing the round-14 clash with the Bulldogs because of suspension.

Prop Max King is the only Titans player on the sidelines. He went in for shoulder surgery on Monday and will miss the remainder of the season.

^^^ Interesting article JB. I can just picture Mr Bods throwing his toys out of his cot when he read the bit about LG not being wanted. I've said my piece about LG in the past so I will not harp on about his defence or lack of it again.
    Personally I'm not in any great rush to see Roberts back, even though he is a far better option than LG. I don't really care if he comes back or not but I would assume that if Cartwright is offloaded that would free up a lot of dosh.