Page 154 of 165 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2463
    Inactive User

Garth Brennan says Konrad Hurrell must prove he wants to remain with the Gold Coast Titans

KONRAD Hurrell is ready to prove to Garth Brennan that he deserves to stay at the Titans after the coach turned up the heat on the Tongan international.

The Gold Coast cult hero has endured a rollercoaster season after he was dropped to reserve grade in May following an error-riddled start to the year.

He has since managed to make his way back into the first grade side, promoted after the loss of Daley Copley to a season-ending hamstring injury.

But Brennan put his star centre on notice last month, declaring he has to perform or risk a return to the Intrust Super Cup.

It’s been a tough season for Hurrell. AAP Image/Dave Hunt.
    With Hurrell off-contract at the end of next year, he has to play his way back to top form to maintain his place in Brennan’s 17.

And the 27-year-old is ready for the challenge, saying he does not want to leave the Gold Coast given the loyalty they have shown him since he left the Warriors in 2016.

“I want to stay here at the club,” Hurrell said.

ANALYSIS: Brisbane can’t win the comp

RETURN: Barba poised for NRL comeback

“They’re a great club, and they’ve done everything for me. It’s up to me now, working hard.

“For the last month I’ve been trying to push for my opportunity and it’s sad to see Dale out for the year, but that’s another opportunity for myself to work hard and hold onto (my position).

“I am happy with (my form) but there’s still a lot to improve on. I still need to bring the energy and my A-game.”

The Titans have had a poor month, winning just one of their past five games.

They will look to turn around that form today when they host the Panthers at home, with the club at risk of falling into the dangerous wooden spoon territory.

Hurrell has been a fan favourite since he arrived on the Gold Coast.
    Hurrell said they know they have to fight for their season.

“It’s been a very disappointing year, but all we have to do now is finish strong and give the club and the fans something … do it for ourselves as well,” he said.

“We need to finish strong and try to stay away from the wooden spoon.”

The Titans will have one change for today’s clash after centre Brenko Lee was ruled out with a hamstring issue, with Brendan Elliot to take his place.

James Tamou has been ruled out for the Panthers and will be replaced by Jack Hetherington.

First Grader

I wouldn't be in a hurry to resign him. His barnstorming runs are few and far between now, and for some unknown reason he still always seems gassed. Would much rather we started giving some of these younger kids a crack

Koni...

i have held firm that he is worth holding onto for the potential he has, but at some point we have to accept that Koni is gone now, or if he can come back, it wont be for us. He may need new surroundings constantly to always feel the need to prove himself. once he is comfortable he just stops the hard work apparently.

and not just being unfit, or dropping the ball, now it is speculating random passes that aren't on or kicking out on full.

If we have him for next year it is clearly going to be a season of Q Cup.

a shame as he is a wonderful guy and great team mate, but we aren't a charity and its time to say goodbye to the hope he makes it back.

@badel_cmail - Unwanted Titans five eighth Kane Elgey has signed a two year deal with Manly. Hopes to partner with Daly Cherry-Evans next season. Full story @cmail_sport @travismeyn

I thought AJ had an outstanding game (esp defence) considering its his rookie year and first NRL game at fullback he could go on to be something special.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    @badel_cmail - Unwanted Titans five eighth Kane Elgey has signed a two year deal with Manly. Hopes to partner with Daly Cherry-Evans next season. Full story @cmail_sport @travismeyn

good on Kane. good luck mate - wish he got a farewell at the game and glad he got to run our once more and remember it.

Inactive User

1679 AJ/Peach/Sook/Peats with utility Rein/Termite
    Gordon to Wing.
    Both LG/Termite have identical one on one defence issues so I’m not copping The Termite returning to the 6 jumper.
    If everyone is fit next year I think I actually have TRoberts playing QCup.
    We need BCartwright to have a super off season and come back ready to be in Hipgrave’s 2nd row position with Keegan being either a bench or depth player.
    We will see how Cartwright goes tomorrow for Tweed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    good on Kane. good luck mate - wish he got a farewell at the game and glad he got to run our once more and remember it.
    You may say good luck but I say bad bad bad bad for everyone that Campaigned against him so that we get of all people The Termite recycled and the misery to see him in a Manly Jumper. I don’t want to think about it.
    Having said that, the defence thing it seems will always plague him, a big fast guy at full speed always beats him.

Heys Bods, I love LG too but geez, surely someone has taught him to tackle. He never attempts the legs. I just don’t get it. Prince was similar so I can live with his poor defense if he makes up for it when he has the ball. Which he did today. Manly are my second team so I still get to see him do his stuff. I just wish his contract said ‘never to play Titans’.

Inactive User

Shamus That’s why a spine of AJ/Peach/Taylor/Peats excites me because we then by not having LG/Termite don’t have any speed humps in our defensive line anymore

And congrats to Will Matthews today, when he came on with 6 minutes left we were up 16-6, then 11 mins later he walked off with us losing 16-17. Great selection Brennan, well done on not selecting Whitbread or your boy Latu.

It's true, very fullback-esque

https://twitter.com/WarrenSmithFOX/s...49250872340480

edit: I just realised AJ is still 19 until September...wow!
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 12-08-18 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Heys Bods, I love LG too but geez, surely someone has taught him to tackle. He never attempts the legs. I just don’t get it. Prince was similar so I can live with his poor defense if he makes up for it when he has the ball. Which he did today. Manly are my second team so I still get to see him do his stuff. I just wish his contract said ‘never to play Titans’.
    hes defending on his weakest side, he'd be much more comfortable on the right which is where he will prob be at manly.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    hes defending on his weakest side, he'd be much more comfortable on the right which is where he will prob be at manly.
    oh please

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    oh please
    ha !! That's the response i was going to give you daring to claim the AJ/LG might have worked after a seasons worth of LG abuse.

There is no doubt he's defending on his weaker side.

His defensive woes wont be titans problems for much longer
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Koni...

i have held firm that he is worth holding onto for the potential he has, but at some point we have to accept that Koni is gone now, or if he can come back, it wont be for us. He may need new surroundings constantly to always feel the need to prove himself. once he is comfortable he just stops the hard work apparently.

and not just being unfit, or dropping the ball, now it is speculating random passes that aren't on or kicking out on full.

If we have him for next year it is clearly going to be a season of Q Cup.

a shame as he is a wonderful guy and great team mate, but we aren't a charity and its time to say goodbye to the hope he makes it back.
    I’m finding it hard to forgive him after that pass he threw after the break made by don. Blew a try for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    ha !! That's the response i was going to give you daring to claim the AJ/LG might have worked after a seasons worth of LG abuse.

There is no doubt he's defending on his weaker side.

His defensive woes wont be titans problems for much longer
    "Abuse" lol. And it's his tackling technique that's the problem, not which side he's defending on. I'll be sad to see him go but that's one area of his game that I won't miss.