Page 150 of 165 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2463

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Why are people so sure AJ is a fullback?

Why fix what ain't broken? He is coming along nicely as a 5/8.
    this is what i've been saying. His tenacity in the line is what we need. he is doing really really well. and gordon is also doing really well.

Gordon has a year, so that gives us a year to find a fullback in my opinion

Gold Coast Titans start recruitment drive with eye on Melbourne playmaker Ryley Jacks

Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail
    August 3, 2018 4:35pm
    Subscriber only

GOLD Coast have made moves to sign Ryley Jacks from premiers Melbourne with the Titans tabling a deal for the Storm playmaker.

In the lead-up to Saturday’s Titans-Parramatta clash at ANZ Stadium, coach Garth Brennan has ramped-up his recruitment plans by holding talks with Jacks, who is in limbo at the Storm.

Despite winning 10 of 12 games this season for an outstanding 83 percent success rate as a starting playmaker, Jacks remains off-contract and faces the prospect of a pay cut to stay in Melbourne.

That has opened the door for the Titans, who have offered Jacks a one-year deal in a move that could see the left-footed kicker form a handy scrumbase alliance with halfback Ash Taylor.

Jacks will decide his future over the weekend. It is understood the Titans’ 12-month deal is not as lucrative as initially hoped due to salary-cap pressures, but Jacks at least has the chance to continue his NRL career next season.

Unwanted Titans halfback Kane Elgey is exploring his future with other NRL clubs and the signing of Jacks would give the Gold Coast scrumbase options as Brennan considers moving AJ Brimson to fullback.

The 26-year-old Jacks has been in the Titans’ system before, signing with feeder-club Burleigh in 2014 before moving to the Sunshine Coast, where he was picked up by the Storm after smashing the Falcons’ tryscoring record.

Titans foundation football manager Scott Sattler has monitored Jacks’ career closely as an expert commentator in the Intrust Super Cup and believes the halfback or pivot would be a good fit for the Coast.

“Ryley would be a really shrewd signing for the Titans,” Sattler said.

“Players at the Melbourne Storm develop a good work ethic and Ryley would bring that to the Titans.

“I’ve always seen some subtle touches in Ryley’s game and he’s been able to finetune them at the Storm and have the confidence to use his skill set in the pressure of an NRL game.

“There is a difference between having the skills and having the confidence to use them in the NRL.

“Ryley is now at a place in his career where he is backing himself.”

Jacks has five tries this season – behind only wingers Josh Addo-Carr (15) and Suliasi Vunivalu (11) on the Storm’s tryscoring list – and Sattler says his attitude can extract the best of Titans halfback Taylor.

“We haven’t seen Ash Taylor reach his full potential yet and Ryley can help him do that,” Sattler said.

“Ryley would be a good foil and role model for Ash. He would be able to teach Taylor the work ethic required to succeed and all the one per cent pockets of improvement that players are taught at Melbourne.”

The 12th-placed Titans are three wins ahead of last-placed Parramatta and Brennan warned his troops not to be complacent after last week’s 36-12 belting of the Warriors.

“It’s important we back it up,” he said. “We were happy with that result but we have to keep getting better and being consistent.”

Okay, that'll do me. Why are we chasing halves? We might as well have held onto Elgey if that's the route we're taking. Seriously, it makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post
    Gold Coast Titans start recruitment drive with eye on Melbourne playmaker Ryley Jacks

Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail
    August 3, 2018 4:35pm

“There is a difference between having the skills and having the confidence to use them in the NRL.”
    That's a pretty clear shot at Elgey. We do need 3 quality halves or at least some that can cover the position well.

Junior

Our biggest problem is that Ash doesn’t know what Ash wants to be so it’s hard to find someone to complement him.
    Is he a runner, is an organiser, is he a dominant half, is he a talker. The reason the Storm have success is that each player is given a role and and that’s their job.
    I know Ash can be all of those things, but it’s what does he do best, then what do we need from a 6 to do that.

That's right 4220 ... Brennan needs to be a dominant coach, assign SPECIFIC roles to the half's and make them accountable ... not just "I want him to take control of the team". Yes, I know, for sure he's doing some of that but it's not evident in either Taylor's game or the team structure.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

How funny would this be if we had this elaborate plan to send Elgey to manly to sign but only to backflip and come back to the Coast?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    How funny would this be if we had this elaborate plan to send Elgey to manly to sign but only to backflip and come back to the Coast?
    After tonight’s game he’ll reneg on the reneg
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

Troy Leo scored yet again for Burleigh in the Queensland Cup this afternoon as they defeated Wynnum Manly 26-12.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    After tonight’s game he’ll reneg on the reneg
    Is that a double backflip with a twist? That'd be interesting.

Peachey might be our fullback next year at this rate. Wowsers.

Peachy looks great at FB, his defense and positioning has been pretty good, and we all know he can attack

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Peachey might be our fullback next year at this rate. Wowsers.
    yep

the more I see of him there the more I think he's wasted in the centres...especially with our (lack of) attacking shape

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    yep

the more I see of him there the more I think he's wasted in the centres...especially with our (lack of) attacking shape
    He's gotta get his hands on the ball as often as possible. Now with the try assist. On fire.

Inactive User

AJ FB
    Peachey 5-8
    Million Dollar Sook 1-2

Gordon wing