Page 140 of 165 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2463

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I know this doesnt belong in this forum but this site could.do with a massive cleanup.

Delete about 60% of the threads that aren't even looked at and streamline the **** out of this place. Ive been on forums since 2001 and the best ones imo are the simplest

You will get more active members
    I tend to agree with this. It's easy to get lost. I just have a shortcut straight here saved on my homepage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The thread thing is off topic but the whole Forum is voluntary so who’s volunteering?

In Nanjing we have the Chitans Fan Club and there’s TitansCast about to be unleashed. The return of away game activities is actually DIEHARD’s initiative as is TitansCast but thanks for the mention and he’s based in Hong Kong. More hands makes light work.
    Cheers, mate! Sorry to everyone...I got a bit carried away. I'll try to find an appropriate thread to post in. (Links please gentlemen) lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    ^ both the Broncos and Roosters can provide value for TPJ in ways the Titans cannot, unfortunately.

That Broncos pack is really becoming something...Haas, Lodge, Fifita, Su'a, TPJ, Joe-O, Carrigan and whoever else...pretty impressive.
    It's pretty imressive isn't it? Someone was saying Bennett sent his scouts out a few years ago to gather the best young forwards out there. They've done that and are starting to reap the rewards.

I kind of think we may be on the same track. King, Hipgrave (a little rough still), MoFo, Boyle, Arrow...

We'll be a tougher side next year.

I make this comment just as an observation with no disrespect intended but the predominance of islander-related players in the Broncos team is a huge statement about the state of mind at the Broncos or at least in Bennett's mind ... particularly as they let Wallace, Arrow, Hipgrave and Whitbread leave.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Post removed by HS - inappropriate
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 25-07-18 at 02:09 PM.

Both Ben Ikin and James Hooper reported on NRL 360 tonight that they have heard rumblings that Alex Glenn will be going to Titans next year.

i think glenn as a real top level talent doesn't offer a huge amount, but he would be a culture signing.

someone to teach and set an example of how a successful player trains and prepares.

and fills a problem area on left edge with good defense and strong carries.

would be ok with it as long as we arent getting stitched up

Alex Glenn would be an awesome signing, underrated in my opinion and like you said DB, he would be a good signing to build the culture and experience.

I may have this wrong but didn’t he once say that he hated the titans and would never play for us? That’s going back a long time to when he was a junior but I briefly remember it.

Fingers crossed because Hooper is usually spot on. We shall see.
    Last edited by BundyTitan; 25-07-18 at 07:46 PM.

First Grader

I was kind of hoping they had the clubs mixed up and it was Oates we were after... Not to keen on Glenn, he must be 30 surely

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    I was kind of hoping they had the clubs mixed up and it was Oates we were after... Not to keen on Glenn, he must be 30 surely
    Yeah he's 30 in a couple of days. But really 30 still gives him a couple of years at the least, and with a pack of guys like King, MoFo, Hipgrave, Arrow, Boyle etc, a bit of experience and a guy from a winning culture could be good.

Who knows if it will actually happen though. He's not off contract which means Brisbane would have to pay a bit of the freight you'd think.

Inactive User

Glenn has had ample chances to represent us and now he might glorify us with his presence when The Drongoes push him aside.....NO!
    I don’t want him.

Junior

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by timor 2 View Post
    Here you go brother

Recalled Gold Coast cult hero Konrad Hurrell battling for his Titans future

TITANS cult hero Konrad Hurrell is fighting for his NRL future, but Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan insists he is not looking to offload the hulking centre.

Hurrell will come up against former club New Zealand at Cbus Super Stadium on Sunday when the Titans attempt to salvage some pride following a disappointing month.

With their finals hopes on the line, the Titans have slumped to three straight losses to fall out of top eight contention with six rounds to go.

After being relegated to reserve grade following an error-riddled start to the year, Hurrell has earned an NRL reprieve in the wake of Dale Copley’s season-ending hamstring injury.

Konrad Hurrell has been recalled from reserve grade. Picture: AAP
    Earlier this year, Brennan publicly declared the popular Hurrell was his favourite player.

But the 26-year-old’s form has been well below par this season, prompting Brennan to send the Tongan international to the Intrust Super Cup.

Hurrell’s relegation prompted speculation the Titans were looking to release the 110-game centre with a year to run on his contract.

Brennan said that wasn’t the case, but admitted Hurrell was fighting to earn a contract extension at the Gold Coast beyond 2019.

THURSTON: ‘Not all dreams come true’

RESULTS: Glory Bennett’s only chance of survival

“Koni is contracted for next year,” Brennan said.

“We haven’t committed to extending him at this point but that’s not to say we won’t.

“If I was a marquee player playing reserve grade, I’d want my manager seeing what else is out there for me. At the end of the day, they’re not doing their job if they’re not doing that.

“That’s quite possibly the case with Bryce (Cartwright), Koni and Kane (Elgey).

“Koni has got a recall because of the injury to Dale Copley but he’s got to perform well otherwise Brendan Elliot will get a crack.

“You’ve got to perform or else someone is there ready to have a crack.”

Hurrell earned a reputation for having “butter fingers” earlier this year after making 16 errors in the first eight rounds of the season, which resulted in him being sent to the Tweed Heads Seagulls.

One of the NRL’s great characters, Hurrell can come across as having a carefree attitude, but Brennan said that wasn’t the case.

“It’s a confidence thing,” he said.

Garth Brennan insists the Titans aren’t looking to offload Hurrell. Picture: Getty
    “He puts on a bit of a show that he doesn’t care and is happy and loving it, but sometimes that can be a bit of a front for some demons he’s battling as far as his football goes.

“It’s nothing off-field, but he beats himself up when he makes a mistake.

“I know he puts on the bravado that he doesn’t give a rats but he does. He needs to make sure he’s not making those errors.”

Hurrell made his NRL debut for the Warriors in 2012 and played 71 games before being released midway through the 2016 season.

The Titans have a horrible record against the Warriors, losing their past six games against their bogy side.

Junior

Thanks bods
    Last edited by timor 2; 25-07-18 at 09:08 PM.

So we’re not looking to off load Koni , but he was quick to say bye bye to LG. And he’s hoping that over priced reject Bryce Cartwright comes good. Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Titan68 View Post
    So we’re not looking to off load Koni , but he was quick to say bye bye to LG. And he’s hoping that over priced reject Bryce Cartwright comes good. Interesting
    Because why would you pay a part of their contracts to play for another club? That's what got Canterbury into a big mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan68 View Post
    Read between the lines, he's telling Koni and Bryce and their management they should be looking around.