Page 42 of 165 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 92 142 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

^^^ MT I don’t think too many of us have been where BCartwright has been In terms of problems with the Ex. His whole thing is at a level that’s incomprehensible. You are understating it just a tad.
    On the other hand I think you are overstating the negativity too, people are just a bit wary.

I’m happy enough to wait through the trials to see what Brennan rolls out. I get the feeling the Forum will light up with controversy over surprises around Rein, James, Elgey and Elliot. Cartwright has been predominantly a right edge player so what does that mean for Proctor? I think he’ll come off the bench until the squad settles and Latu came to us to start.

Also choosing the captain is a really tough one.
    Last edited by Titanic; 04-02-18 at 11:33 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

How much did it cost to lure him here for the 4 years?

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I really hope somebody can cut and paste this comment in 6-9 months and make me look like a fool.

I don’t like this signing at all. I’m absolutely no Cartwright fan because he’s not tough. I was really looking forward to watching a hard working, no nonsense pack this year with the likes of James, Wallace, Peats, Arrow and Proctor being committed in defence and winning at the advantage line.

We get none of that in Cartwright. And based on Brennan’s comments this summer we can expect him to defend in the middle with James on an edge. Add this to Hurrell, Brenko Lee, Elgey and Copley (if he’s even in there - I’m not sure where he fits) we have an incredibly flimsy looking defensive line. Sure, we have points in us but it’s hard to see defenders of that caliber keeping other teams under a winning score.

This is exactly my thoughts. Just not sold on this idea. But happy to stand corrected at the end of the year.

Also a concern I have is he / will he block Hippigrave and other locals ? No doubt he has talent.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    How much did it cost to lure him here for the 4 years?
    Im pretty sure its just under 2 mill for the 4 years. I think it was practically a direct contract swap

i m pretty stoked on the way the club is heading and am excited for the year a head , cant see too much trouble with bryce in there either hes a weapon when he gets going with some decent offloads

- - - Updated - - -

also he a only a young kid so much potential

- - - Updated - - -

id really like peats as captain nothing against james

Quote Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
    Im pretty sure its just under 2 mill for the 4 years. I think it was practically a direct contract swap
    I think I read it was just under $3m 4yr deal.....hoping it is $2m though and doesn't jeopardize Peachey chances

peachey would be sweet

- - - Updated - - -

just want too smash the donkeys every time we play them i will be happy

First Grader

500k a season I could live with. Anything more I feels excessive at this stage of his career.

First Grader

James Hooper on 360 said he spoke to Brennan and he mentioned he wants to use him as a ball playing lock so he can roam both sides of the ruck. Maybe that means Arrow will move into second row outside elgey?

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    James Hooper on 360 said he spoke to Brennan and he mentioned he wants to use him as a ball playing lock so he can roam both sides of the ruck. Maybe that means Arrow will move into second row outside elgey?
    Or James stays on that edge and Arrow starts to find out what it's like in the NRL.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Or James stays on that edge and Arrow starts to find out what it's like in the NRL.
    Haven’t really thought this through at all but what about RJames and good ole Cokey The Clown playing the full 80mins in the 2nd row and Wallace/Latu/Cartwright/Arrow/Stockwell/Boyle on a 6 man rotation in the middle and then finally you have Peats at hooker and one of Rein/Lawton/Brimson as the number 17 utility.

I am not going to second guess the coach given their history together and if Brennan things ball-playing lock is his best position then so be it. God knows we have missed that in our backrowers since Bird left. I was looking forward to Arrow at lock so not sure where that leaves him now. I am leaning towards Rein on the bench purely based on experience, but I think Lawton may be a chance purely for his versatility.

If an outside back got injured and we had a bench of Rein, Boyle, Hipgrave and Arrow there is no obvious choice to play out wide, other than maybe pushing Cartwright to the centres maybe.

I know it is a month away but really keen to see the team list for round 1 and the brand of footy we are going to play.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...c12e0b18acb04d

Few articles out saying we still in pursuit with Peachey and Brennan confirms he did visit the facilities over the weekend. Still likely to be a 2019 signing, fingers crossed we get him this year, if we do we will loose a few games due to defence but we will finally run riot over some teams, haven't seen us put 40+ on teams in years

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    I am not going to second guess the coach given their history together and if Brennan things ball-playing lock is his best position then so be it. God knows we have missed that in our backrowers since Bird left. I was looking forward to Arrow at lock so not sure where that leaves him now. I am leaning towards Rein on the bench purely based on experience, but I think Lawton may be a chance purely for his versatility.

If an outside back got injured and we had a bench of Rein, Boyle, Hipgrave and Arrow there is no obvious choice to play out wide, other than maybe pushing Cartwright to the centres maybe.

I know it is a month away but really keen to see the team list for round 1 and the brand of footy we are going to play.
    Yeah I think Carty takes the "utility" role, Rein off the bench. Carty can play in the centres and Peats would push back to lock with Rein coming in at hooker. Don't think Lawton gets a look in, but to be honest I wonder how he got a contract renewal given how injury prone he is.

Carty in the middle is probably going to help his defensive laziness but poor old Peats will be making 60 tackles a game now.