Page 38 of 165 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 88 138 ... LastLast

I wonder if it was a leading question from Chris Garry? However looking at Twitter Gary is trying to defend Taylor on this. One big thing for me is that Taylor is sitting in a Titans polo......oh to be a sponsor and hearing that.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Storm in a teacup stuff. And lets be honest, his heart may currently be in the Titans*. But I have doubts about him embracing the essence of the Coast. If that's the case, so be it. No point being somewhere or with something if your hearts not in it, because you'll never reach your potential.

If anything, I appreciate his honesty (in this case), a rare commodity these days.

*not sold on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I don’t care whether he’s a good bloke or as dumb as a Dogs Turd it was unacceptable and deserving of sanction
    I’ll be very disappointed if this slips through without some action from the club be it an apology, clarification or punishment.
    Youre being a bit precious mate. Stupid comment yeah but its in no way worthy of any punishment and a club endorsed apology would only sound forced. And to add to that, its also not like he doesnt have a point. The broncos have a far superior history to us and if we cant get **** straight off the field (as in recent years) and brisbane want you back youd only naturally go back to brisbane.

Junior

While I don’t think it was the smartest thing to say, I feel a few people are getting a little precious over it.
    Firstly I feel like we can agree that he isn’t the worlds best public speaker. And I think that he is easily led in questions to responses that sound a lot worse than they are.
    And he is far from the only one. Nathan Cleary constantly gets the “Are you going to follow your dad” and generally his answers are along the same line, “ I am contracted at Penrith until and after that who knows”
    In this day and age I think we should be just happy that he acknowledged he is contracted for 4 years, doesn’t seem to mean a lot to a lot of people these days. Our club included..

Unfortunately Ash is a go to man for press interviews, and if he keeps dropping clangers like this they'll be knocking his door down.
    As most have said Ash is one pretty dumb fella but just a quiet word in his ear will be enough. Let's face it, contracts mean nothing so if he doesn't perform in the next couple of seasons then he can have his wish. The only problem is that old Wayne who Ash seems keen to play for, will probably in a dribblers home by then.

I was finally going to renew today but that took the wind out my sails a bit after all of the positive stuff. Later perhaps.

Inactive User

To those who label me as precious well I label you back as doormats ja4220 and barrels.
    And have a look at Mexican Titan-it’s discouraged him to renew.
    He’s probably not alone either.
    Yeah buts let’s not worry about increasing membership or the image of the club. It’s all good-just let your players walk all over you.

To those who label me as precious well I label you back as doormats ja4220 and barrels.
    And have a look at Mexican Titan-it’s discouraged him to renew.
    He’s probably not alone either.
    Yeah buts let’s not worry about increasing membership or the image of the club. It’s all good-just let your players walk all over you.
    I don't disagree that he deserves some sort of sanction Bodsy - just not a public one. As I said a quiet word in his ear to let him know that it didn't come across real smart is probably enough. For something like this I wouldn't hang him out to dry, especially in this age when most players interviews with the press are just bloody plain boring. If they can keep quiet the fact that Munster and Ben Hunt had a knuckle in Darwin when playing for the Kangaroos and not air that in public, then I don't think Ash should be hung drawn and quartered. He is young.......and dumb.
    As for my renewing, this wouldn't stop it and it would be pretty weak if it did. Like many I was just sick of the self inflicted dramas over the past few years and it had worn me down. While I think we have a pretty average side still, especially the bench, there has been plenty of good news and it looks like some decent people are getting involved around our new owners. At the end of the day I want an NRL team on the Coast and putting money in is a way of helping that, albeit in a small way.
    If only Condon was here to enjoy better times, hey mate!

Inactive User

^^^ ^^ Well there are times on field when ATay sooks it and times in games especially the ones when we are under the pump when he becomes the disappearing halfback. Now he’s on a million a season he’s now expected to be the man and to drop a Clanger like that one just can’t be tolerated. I hate the Drongoes so much, gee it was disappointing.
    I hope he was spoken to and not just by Brennan.
    I’ll drop it now.

One question that I had since thought of is where was the media manager in this interview? Surely they should/ could have asked that question be not aired at all. However going forward I hope that someone is with him.

I just landed in San Francisco so am coming in late on this. I watched the Channel 7 grab and as much as it was a poorly constructed comment my first impression was that it was edited out of a longer piece and quite likely taken out of context. We are a sitting duck for negative pot shots and Taylor in his naivety just jumps in ‘warts and all’. No biggy I think. The facts are that he’s ours for four years, that Bennett will be gone by then, that if we are going any good then he will be staying and the Donkeys won’t be waiting for him ... so in fact all the positives are with us.

In summary, not the smartest comment when interpreted in isolation but overall not traitorous. Let’s get behind him for four years. I’m more worried about our forward pack ... regularly reported as the worst in the NRL and our backs aren’t far behind.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    One question that I had since thought of is where was the media manager in this interview? Surely they should/ could have asked that question be not aired at all. However going forward I hope that someone is with him.
    Media Managers are involved in arranging interviews, making players available to the press etc and always are heavily involved when big issues or scandals are around. However they do not get questions pre submitted for day to day interviews. They would get involved in making players not available to do interviews but Ash is a profile player now and the club cannot shoot itself in the foot by blocking media access.

Inactive User

Was Neil Cadigan ever replaced?

Immortal

Yes he was but I just can't recall the replacements name at the moment. Neil Cadigan was one of the nice guys

Was Neil Cadigan ever replaced?

Missing the Thumbs Up ... Cardigan was a good guy.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Media Managers are involved in arranging interviews, making players available to the press etc and always are heavily involved when big issues or scandals are around. However they do not get questions pre submitted for day to day interviews. They would get involved in making players not available to do interviews but Ash is a profile player now and the club cannot shoot itself in the foot by blocking media access.
    Sorry didn’t mean or think that questions be pre-submitted and agree with all your point. I guess I thought that if our Marquee guy ( and a young one at that ) was doing a interview for TV one on one that the media manager would be around. It’s not that same as a player fronting the gallery after training. It seemed a very formal interview but not Danny Weidler style.