Page 151 of 165 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2463

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    AJ FB
    Peachey 5-8
    Million Dollar Sook 1-2

Gordon wing
    +1

- - - Updated - - -

Or Gordon centre and shift brenko to wing

AJ and Peachey both look REALLY at home in their current positions.

for me its a no brainer that AJ plays 5/8th next year and Peachy either starts their or goes there once Gordon is done.

AJs hustiling direct play and tenacity is exactly what we need in the front line, and Peacheys experience and guile at the back is mesmerizing.

he floats around like Preston or Dave Peachey even, and knows where to pop up, when to pass, when to go himself.

AJ wont have that for a while.

for anyone watching their performances with no pre conceived ideas of their position next year, its so obvious they are best left where they currently are.

Panthers have done us a HUGE favour showing Peachey's ability at FB while still on their dime

Would love to see it , but we know it won’t happen , cause Brennan hasn’t got the nerve to try it.

Inactive User

One thing I don’t want to see is Peachey in the Centres. He’s got to be the 1 or the 6.

QLD Cup

I'm holding out for the Bevan French rumour to be true. I know that he's small and gets bundled out sometimes but he's exciting to watch. If it eventuated I'd keep AJ at 6 and Peachy at centre, with Gordon to a wing. Our centre position has been our bogey since we came into the competition. I'm happy to let the other three centres that we have on contract battle it out for the remaining spot because I feel that all 3 are fringe first graders at any other club (Despite my love for Koni).

As much as I would have liked to have Elgey stay at the club, AJ has been doing incredibly well defending in the line and he's beginning to kick the ball more and more as he grows into the position. I was one of the bigger advocates for him playing fullback earlier in the season, but if we shift him to fullback then we are back to having no decent five eighth. Chances are we would be stuck with Roberts and thats something I really don't want to see again.

Only issue with "holding out" is that they keep on wheeling out the same line that we have salary cap pressures which is weird considering don't have a full squad.

DB is right, imho, Peachey doesn't need to be loaded with an organizing duty as he's very much the free spirit and can enjoy that at 1 and, as Bodie suggests, not at centre ... Brimson however is just what we need at 6 ... now it's up to our coach to get Taylor focused and that could mean having Roberts at 14 who, no matter what my personal preferences may be, is an experienced half. I would prefer Leo over French.

There is going to be fair bit of blood spilled next year on the Forum over the use of Gordon, Don, Sami, Hurrell, Sami, Rein, Peats and Lee.
    Last edited by Titanic; 06-08-18 at 01:35 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Teen Titan AJ Brimson commits his future to the Gold Coast

TITANS dynamo AJ Brimson has uttered the words every Gold Coast fan wants to hear, declaring he wants to stay at the club for his entire NRL career.

Brimson has been a ray of light for the Titans in 2018 after being thrust into the No. 6 jersey to replace out-of-favour Kane Elgey.

In 11 games, the 19-year-old Brimson has proven he is an NRL star on the rise and could be a long-term foil for halfback Ash Taylor.

The Queensland under-20s Origin playmaker is contracted to the Titans until 2020 and coach Garth Brennan is weighing up a potential move to fullback for Brimson.

REALLY: Hair pulling no big deal, says Bennett

Brimson has been a cause for optimism. (Chris Hyde/Getty Images)
    Either way, the Brisbane product said he has no plans to leave the Titans and is determined to forge a long-term future on the Gold Coast.

“I’d love to be at this club for my whole career, that’s the plan,” Brimson said.

“Even from a young age they’ve believed in me. It’s a good culture at the club. I get along with all the staff and players.

“There is not one person I dislike at the club from the head staff to the boys. I love the Gold Coast. It’s home. I definitely don’t want to leave.”

The young playmaker still has a lot to learn. (Chris Hyde/Getty Images)
    Brimson overcame a heavy concussion a fortnight ago to star in the Gold Coast’s thrashing of New Zealand.

He made four errors in the Gold Coast’s disappointing loss to Parramatta last Saturday night, but will retain the five-eighth duties for a showdown with NSW Blues and Penrith No. 6 James Maloney at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday.

Brimson has shown improvement in all facets of his game as the season has progressed and his defence is particularly impressive for an 89kg teenager.

He is not scared to overcall senior playmaker Taylor and his kicking game has improved with time.

“I’m getting more confident each week and loving it,” Brimson said.

“The team has more confidence in me to back myself. They have faith in me to get the right kick away. It’s confidence boosting.”

Brimson said he was a rugby league addict who watched as many games as he could and believed that helped him on the field.

“I watch a lot of footy, I love watching footy,” he said. “Even from a young age, every game I can I watch.

“It has its perks but if you don’t watch much footy it has its perks as well, you’re not overthinking it or pre-empting what they’re going to do.

“I just watch it because I enjoy it.”

Junior

Thank bods

Wayne Bennett says he will listen to offers if Broncos sack him

Peter Badel, Travis Meyn, The Courier-Mail
    August 7, 2018 6:45pm
    Subscriber only

WAYNE Bennett says he is not a spent force and will consider any offer from an NRL rival, including the Panthers, if he is not wanted by the Broncos.

Bennett’s stance comes as Titans millionaire co-owner Darryl Kelly said he is open to having discussions with the seven-time premiership coach about a possible role at the Gold Coast in 2020.

Former Broncos mentor Anthony Griffin’s sacking at the Panthers on Monday has sent the coaching merry-go-round spinning with Bennett, off-contract next year, being linked to the Penrith post.

Bennett and Panthers supremo Phil Gould were on the judging panel that chose the code’s five new Immortals last week, fuelling speculation the pair had the platform to discuss linking formally at Penrith.

The Courier-Mail can reveal Bennett is prepared to move to Sydney to coach the Panthers in 2020.

He is also open to offers on a consultancy or director-of-football role at the Titans, believing he can inject his title-winning know-how to turn the Gold Coast into an NRL powerhouse.

But either scenario is ultimately contingent upon his future at the Broncos, who will consign Bennett to free-agent status if they refuse his request for one final 12-month term at Red Hill.

The Courier-Mail understands Bennett has been informally sounded out by the Panthers, but the 68-year-old said he has received no formal approach.

However, Bennett said if the Broncos board didn’t want him beyond 2019, he was open to any offer.

“I will say this — my first position is I want to continue as coach of the Broncos,” Bennett said.

“That’s my preferred position. But if that (coaching the Broncos) is not the case, I still have a desire to coach. I’m not done yet. I will go where my career takes me.”

Asked if he could work with another powerful personality in Gould, Bennett said: “I can’t answer that one.

“I don’t want to say anymore than that. The Broncos board has asked me not to comment until the season is over.”

Bennett lauded Gould’s contribution, rating the Immortals discussion one of the most positive experiences of his career.

Four days later, Gould made the decision to sack Griffin. Adding to the intrigue, Gould refused to emphatically rule out Bennett as a possible contender for the Panthers job.

It would be fun wouldn’t it,” Gould said when asked about the prospect of working with Bennett.

“Crikey. Could he work with me?

“I don’t know what Wayne is doing with the Broncos at the moment. It’s got nothing to do with us.”

Gold Coast co-owner Kelly said he was happy with coach Garth Brennan, who is off-contract next year, but is willing to talk to Bennett if he was serious about helping the Titans.

“I’m not sure if we could afford Wayne but if he is interested, it’s worth having the conversation,” Kelly said.

“Wayne is contracted next year, but beyond that, I would certainly consider having discussions with Wayne.

“If we created an additional role, we wouldn’t do it unless there was buy-in from everyone at the club.”

First Grader

Interesting read. Feel he would have to be coach, just has that feeling like he would undermine any coach at the club sort of how Gus Gould is acting at penrith. Also I thought Brennan was signed for three years? Next year being his second year?

Gordy said on MMM this morning that he spoke to Brennan last night and he said he was staying plus that Bennett is not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Interesting read. Feel he would have to be coach, just has that feeling like he would undermine any coach at the club sort of how Gus Gould is acting at penrith. Also I thought Brennan was signed for three years? Next year being his second year?
    I think it's two years guaranteed with the third in the Titans favour.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I think it's two years guaranteed with the third in the Titans favour.
    Yes, dependent on making the finals in 2019.